Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just popped into the South Eastern England thread, one member posted a picture of a dusting of snow this morning in the south east.

Now considering we're in the north, and we haven't had a dusting yet, this has really annoyed me...

Ay, norfolk n chance, great name, my snow chance, did look legit yeah

Posted

Love the humour down south!!! Bit like up here with snow were having....

post-16439-0-71772000-1418333056_thumb.j

Edited by Will Padz
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just got back home from late night shopping in Bury.

Peeing down there and was for most of the way home but within a mile or so of home and a couple of hundred feet of altitude it changed to heavy snow, roads covered and traffic crawling and sliding about.

Very wet feel to it but temperature is only just above 0c so no doubt will turn very icy once the front clears through.

Just got back home from late night shopping in Bury.

Peeing down there and was for most of the way home but within a mile or so of home and a couple of hundred feet of altitude it changed to heavy snow, roads covered and traffic crawling and sliding about.

Very wet feel to it but temperature is only just above 0c so no doubt will turn very icy once the front clears through.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

had some sleety stuff before, remember that its about 1am that its forecast to turn more wintry

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Well if that's my lot then it beats what we had last winter

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Well if that's my lot then it beats what we had last winter

I still had a covering last winter, about half an inch maybe, the hills a couple of Inches.

Posted

This is the latest off the gfsp for 6am tomoz.

Downgrade in my area. No snow this time for me.

Very jealous of those of you who do!

post-21944-0-30347500-1418336031_thumb.j

Posted

The colder uppers aren't set to arrive until early morning and the front will take some time to clear pivoting in place, lets see how we all are in the morning.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

My mum lives in Co donegal ireland and they have snow whereas i have rain !!! Boooo !!!

• Like 2

Posted

Not doing much now but hasn't been a bad effort and possibly still more to come overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Just let the dogs out and to my surprise it's sleeting outside, air temp 2.9c DP -1c. 

Shame it the ppn wasn't further north!! Could have been interesting...

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 4

Posted

I might have a look out the window early doors. Even if it does snow can't see it sticking it's very wet unless we get a dry period to freeze it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well i made it to bolton and back fine, was raining quite heavy all the way there, plenty of spray on the motorway. Its been raining all the time ive been in bolton, on way home it was raining, once we hit leyland off the motorway, it was alot colder and we had sleety rain

• Like 1

Posted

This appears to have similarities with 16th December 2011, when a low pressure centre to the south allowed an incursion of colder air and brought a temporary layer of lowland snow. Got about 1-2cm here in the afternoon, which lasted into the night. In fact this month so far has been rather reminiscent of early December 2011 with its polar maritime hail showers. I just hope it doesn't end up mimicking the final third of the month, which was thoroughly mild and bland.

Fingers crossed for tonight anyway. Incidentally the aforementioned event was the last time I saw lying snow (I was in Australia over 2012/13).

Edited by AderynCoch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

bungalow2.jpg?a=23_47_49_2014_11_11

isle of man have a good covering on high ground

light rain/sleet here

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

This appears to have similarities with 16th December 2011, when a low pressure centre to the south allowed an incursion of colder air and brought a temporary layer of lowland snow. Got about 1-2cm here in the afternoon, which lasted into the night. In fact this month so far has been rather reminiscent of early December 2011 with its polar maritime hail showers. I just hope it doesn't end up mimicking the final third of the month, which was thoroughly mild and bland.

Fingers crossed for tonight anyway. Incidentally the aforementioned event was the last time I saw lying snow (I was in Australia over 2012/13).

This point onwards is where it begins to get rather interesting. A lot of energy is currently being injected into the system to our south which is moving our way now, evaporative cooling should come into play, and hopefully colder air will be dragged into the system before it moves away, and slightly earlier than expected.

A sickly 5.4C here though now, the milder air is certainly here, whereas Leeds is at just 1C.

• Like 1