Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Haven't had any decent showers here today, just a bit of drizzle! Winds weren't that strong either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Think we have got off lightly here in Liverpool. Showers mixed with hail coming in from the river. Still windy

Think you are right to be honest. Was expecting it to be A bit worse than this.

By the way, Friday morning looks interesting in terms of snow prospects, we often do okay from those sort of setups here, but not getting my hopes up.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Seems to be getting windier here now. Chris R i hope you are right !! Local paper seems to say that warning for snow too. Fingers well and truly crossed

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

Not even that windy here so must be further north of me where the wind and bad weather is

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

Think you are right to be honest. Was expecting it to be A bit worse than this.

By the way, Friday morning looks interesting in terms of snow prospects, we often do okay from those sort of setups here, but not getting my hopes up.

I hope so.  Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Posted

Had hail on and off all day had one tiny moment of thunder and lightning about an hour ago and still rather windy.

Posted

Rubbish if your out in it lovely if your at home lovely and cosy with fire on and a hot choccy...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Now that the models are beginning to firm up on Friday's event (sort of) confidence is growing of a widespread snow event from the northern flank of the front, although it would be favorable if moves 50 miles further south, to ensure that colder air really digs in.

Still a little far off yet, but I'd expect 2-5cm even to lower ground, 10cm+ above 250m :)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Damian, do you not find when its a north westerly, the showers miss us and only hit the south of cumbria? i've seen it happen many times over the past few years, especially in 2010 when a irish sea streamer plastered the south of merseyside and lancashire, i can still remember someone posting from st helens that they had 12 inches of snow and cumbria got nowt from it i think, we had about 2cm of snow on the ground from a strong easterly a couple of days before it though. 

half decent example of the above happening today, we had absolutely no ppn all day until 10 minutes ago when we had a light sleet/hail shower but south cumbria have still managed a few and lancashire and merseyside have had continuous showers, its lucky the showers weren't of pure snow or i would have been left raging again.

Posted

Now that the models are beginning to firm up on Friday's event (sort of) confidence is growing of a widespread snow event from the northern flank of the front, although it would be favorable if moves 50 miles further south, to ensure that colder air really digs in.

Still a little far off yet, but I'd expect 2-5cm even to lower ground, 10cm+ above 250m :)

Yes for once most of the region could benefit from this although I still expect us to miss out as it will probably be 50 miles too North, South, East or West, but equally we could be in a prime position but it will be a now cast event for many of us I think?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Today when I was in Blackpool the wind is absolutely raw!! I did enjoy a meal at wetherspoons. I had aberdeen angus steak with chips over there and cuppa hot chocolate. :-)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

half decent example of the above happening today, we had absolutely no ppn all day until 10 minutes ago when we had a light sleet/hail shower but south cumbria have still managed a few and lancashire and merseyside have had continuous showers, its lucky the showers weren't of pure snow or i would have been left raging again.

I think it may have been me that had 12 inches of snow. Will never forget that day. :-)

To be honest, it's been pretty dry today here until recently.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Hmmmm I can't say I'm that confident about widespread settling snow on friday unless you're 200m+. It looks similar to a lot of events in the past when we've expected back edge snow and got nowt but sleet, but the weather may surprise us. :pardon:

• Like 1

Posted

The most recent shower included hail, sleet and snow and I am very soggy having sorted out my animals in the middle of it!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

showers finally pepping up in cumbria for some bizarre reason

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Horrible days weather, unless you like heavy rain and hail that melts almost instantly.

The showers do seem to have a bit more of a wintry look to them from those earlier in the day but although some have almost turned from sleet to full on snow the temperatures are still to high.

I'm fully expecting a bit of a covering by morning though and as for Fridays chances.

Possible is as far as I'm willing to ramp at this stage.

Posted

I'm not expecting much snow here I'm just below the weather warning for Friday!

Gutted.... Hope it moves further south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Nice to see Diane Oxberry having a slight ramp about Fridays snow prospects.

What can possibly go wrong now apart from the weather system suddenly realising that the huge dumping of snow it is carrying is actually over NW England, something which isn't allowed in law so immediately heads North East and paralyses the other side of the Pennines.

• Like 4