Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

It seems the Irish Sea is losing the showers again. :(

I was hoping for a spell of hail or snow if the GFS were didn't downgraded it.

Edited by pip22

Posted

It seems the Irish Sea is losing the showers again. :(

I was hoping for a spell of hail or snow if the GFS were didn't downgraded it.

Don't worry we will definately see more hail through the night!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Just clear skies here now yawn.....and a slight wind.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Looks like another let down is on the cards for tonight....same will happen tuesday aswell....yet again another crap winter beckons.

• Like 1

Posted

Oh dear we are all screwed then! Ive just been reading the scotland chat thread and even they are struggling to get any showers from the clouds lol....so we've no chance!

Posted

Oh dear we are all screwed then! Ive just been reading the scotland chat thread and even they are struggling to get any showers from the clouds lol....so we've no chance!

oh sod it im having a beer sparkles...there's just no need for the weather to be sooo rude
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Gosh you lot, the showers were never going to get going until this evening so all not lost yet.

Tuesday always had more promise so even if you don't see anything tonight there will be other opportunities.

I did expect more shower activity than what is currently showing up on radar but never expected any accumulations (for my area anyway). More chance of that Tuesday if still a little wishful. The should be more ppn around though at least.

Enjoy your evening whatever the weather does.

• Like 2

Posted

Gosh you lot, the showers were never going to get going until this evening so all not lost yet.

Tuesday always had more promise so even if you don't see anything tonight there will be other opportunities.

I did expect more shower activity than what is currently showing up on radar but never expected any accumulations (for my area anyway). More chance of that Tuesday if still a little wishful. The should be more ppn around though at least.

Enjoy your evening whatever the weather does.

On Tuesday, the mountains of north Wales will eat our precipitation! If anything tonight was always more promising fue to the northwesterly flow.

Posted

oh sod it im having a beer sparkles...there's just no need for the weather to be sooo rude

Lol might join ya!!

Ive just been outside again and its cloudy again and getting windy!!

Oh and thanks for asking about my lad, hes fine thanks, i know how you feel my son was in a spica cast in 2013 after 6 hour surgery, then jan 2014 he broke his leg as his bones are brittle, so was in full leg cast. This year hes having his metal plates out they put in in 2013, not looking forward to it, but no cast this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

The last shower was great! Big fluffy flakes, not sticking but trying to on the cars.

• Like 2

Posted

Im not getting excited about tuesday, as always that will be a no show, then it will just all be moved to another day, only to be let down again.....im psychic lol

Posted

Irish sea is still trying it's best to generate the showers from almost nothing but we need more clustering of them together.  Another hurdle would be for them to turn more wintry for lower levels but I still think it will be high ground mostly favoured.  For my particular area what comes through Southport arrives here in approx. 30mins.  Precipitation still mostly liquidised at present and not in solid crystal like form.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

On Tuesday, the mountains of north Wales will eat our precipitation! If anything tonight was always more promising fue to the northwesterly flow.

Glass half empty eh?  :laugh:

It is really more of a Westerly as winds don't follow isobars and we only have to worry about shadow effect from fronts moving up from the SW.

I can't say we will get something but if we don't I won't be blaming the Welsh mountains.

The trouble is it is very hit and miss in this sort of unstable West flow and shifts of just a few degrees can make a difference.

If there is any decent ppn around on Tuesday it will be from embedded troughs in the flow enhancing ppn.

We will see but fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Posted

Irish sea is still trying it's best to generate the showers from almost nothing but we need more clustering of them together.  Another hurdle would be for them to turn more wintry for lower levels but I still think it will be high ground mostly favoured.  For my particular area what comes through Southport arrives here in approx. 30mins.  Precipitation still mostly liquidised at present and not in solid crystal like form.

I think the colder uppers (according to the GFS) will be between midnight and 3am. You should get at least a dusting which will melt tomorrow.

Glass half empty eh?  :laugh:

It is really more of a Westerly as winds don't follow isobars and we only have to worry about shadow effect from fronts moving up from the SW.

I can't say we will get something but if we don't I won't be blaming the Welsh mountains.

The trouble is it is very hit and miss in this sort of unstable West flow and shifts of just a few degrees can make a difference.

If there is any decent ppn around on Tuesday it will be from embedded troughs in the flow enhancing ppn.

We will see but fingers crossed.

Keep the fingers crossed and the expectations low! That's my moto. 

• Like 2

Posted

I think the colder uppers (according to the GFS) will be between midnight and 3am. You should get at least a dusting which will melt tomorrow.

Keep the fingers crossed and the expectations low! That's my moto.

yes being pesemistic thats the way forward not get disappointed then

Posted

Be patient the best is yet to come

Next 6 to 12 hours peak time for increased snow shower activity in the N and W as a marked trough moves in... 18m ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/matthugo81

the radar going by Matt Hugo hopefully should 'explode' into life. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Will it snow in Northwich LOL.........

C.S

Posted

Its just starteddoing something here, dont know what yet til i investigate, theres something definately falling slowly from the sky, so isnt hailstones, can see it on the cctv, just hope its not rain!

Its stopped now ive just got up to go and have a look

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Be patient the best is yet to come

Next 6 to 12 hours peak time for increased snow shower activity in the N and W as a marked trough moves in... 18m ago

https://mobile.twitter.com/matthugo81

the radar going by Matt Hugo hopefully should 'explode' into life. :)

Hes also saying for Tuesday: ''Away from the far south Tue into Wed looks wintry. Frequent sleet & snow sh'rs expected for Scot, Ire, N Eng & Wales pic.twitter.com/yFHDFF2bvI''