IGNORED

Northwest England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

Of all the bloody times I could get an infection in my big fat gob its now :(

Got antibiotics but not quick enough for my liking.

its all a load of testicles and no swear filter. ..right back at ya merry Christmas

Join the club in same boat as you must be the weather lol

Posted

Fells should see some decent snow over next few days which will be good to see - they are preety bare at the moment. So if we don't get snow low levels we at least will have snow to look at on the fells.

Posted
Join the club in same boat as you must be the weather lol[/quotefeejind assholing toothache
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

happy christmas everyone xx

Edited by SparkleS
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Nice to see a clear start to the day and at 3c a more seasonal one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Carol Kirkwood, on breakfast showers spreading through the

Cheshire Gap tomorrow which may be wintry....

Merry Christmas to you all, hope is a peaceful one for all

C.S

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Pressies bought and wrapped, shopping done, no where near the rough head I expected from last night and at least the possibility of some snow in the coming days.

Quite looking forward to this Christmas.

Have a good one, fellow snow starved North Westerners and here's hoping for a coming winter of white, epic enough to tell the grand kids about.

• Like 4

Posted

Certainly a nip in the air today!

• Like 1

Posted

Meto look like they are firming up on the post Christmas storm and have issued an early warning for snow and strong winds and as seems to have been the case so far this year, the snow risk area is further north and north east of the majority of our region.

Cumbria looks to be in the firing line but altitude will almost certainly be a factor so unless tou live half way up a Lakeland mountain or high ground in the North Pennines it will be wet rather than white.

Things may change and its still only the Met Office view but I think that the 100 mile southerly shift needed to bring us into the firing line is a lot to ask.

I can't see the model thread being a pleasant place to be as it stands though.

Posted

Meto look like they are firming up on the post Christmas storm and have issued an early warning for snow and strong winds and as seems to have been the case so far this year, the snow risk area is further north and north east of the majority of our region.

Cumbria looks to be in the firing line but altitude will almost certainly be a factor so unless tou live half way up a Lakeland mountain or high ground in the North Pennines it will be wet rather than white.

Things may change and its still only the Met Office view but I think that the 100 mile southerly shift needed to bring us into the firing line is a lot to ask.

I can't see the model thread being a pleasant place to be as it stands though.

Agreed! But at least we have some cold weather to look forward to and some frosty nights after that.

• Like 1

Posted

True enough and anything's better than the endless rain and drizzle we have endured so far this month.

There may still be surprises from this event but until I see snow falling I'm not getting too excited.

• Like 1

Posted

A few showers running through my part of the region over the last hour or so but, apart from a bit of hail, nothing wintry.

Temperature currently at 4.8c, slightly down from earlier but still to high for anything other than rain.

Maybe the line of showers expected to head out of Scotland later this evening and overnight could be a bit more wintry and give some of us a partial white Christmas.

Posted

Hope we still get the frost though, as we are too low for wet stuff, it would be rain here, so prefer the frost!

Blimey just finished wrapping all the pressies for my mum,dad,brother and sister, ive got my partner and little lads to do yet!

• Like 1

Posted

Cloud building ,but still dry , off to pub soon :)......

Mmmmm he says with envy.

I can only once remember coming out of the pub late on Christmas Eve to see heavy snow falling and everything white.

Must have been the very early 80's during that period of a few years where winters with snow became the norm and a mild wet one the exception.

Posted

Did anybody actually tell the skies that christmas day is actually tomorrow 25th december!!! No use sending the snow afterwards!! Lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

My computer just soughted out now by updated it to windows 7. No more blue screens!! :yahoo:

Weatherwise it is going to be much colder after boxing day, If we lucky we may see surprise snow fall. :)

• Like 1