Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just cloudy and damp here, one of the advantages of living up in the hills.

Not as dismal looking as earlier though and hopefully it will stay dry long enough to put the outside decorations up.

Well it rain arrived as forecast, just a shame that the snow usually dorsn't.

Anyway that's the end of trying to do the outside lights.

Day off tomorrow so maybe that's now on my to do list along with power washing the drive.

Posted

stopped raining here just in time for asda visit ,God help me .........

yes it will be manic.
  • Like 1

Posted

Was there yesterday you would av thought that it was Christmas eve...pushing shoving lol.

Drizzly here not festive at all :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just overcast and breezy here ,not very exciting ,building a cardboard robot for grandson at mo ....

When you've finished that, any chance of building a snow machine or two.

The way things are going there will be plenty of use for them.

• Like 1

Posted

Don't mind making the rack ,but card board wines a tall order !!!!!!!.. Chucking it down at mo ....

obviously I meant real wine but I have drunk wine thats probably tasted more like cardboard than wine.
  • Like 1

Posted

Christmas tree and other inside decorations are up, tea is cooked and eaten and no work for me in the morning, so time to crack open a bottle of red, hopefully not the cardboard tasting variety although looking where it came from, I'm not sure.

Temperature outside a balmy 5.6c so certainly nothing festive about the weather.

• Like 1

Posted

Robot finnished ,two cardboard snow machines winging their way to rossendale and wine rack (with wine)winging its way to East lancs ,enjoy ...:).......

Cheers mate, I'm sure they'll go down a treat covering the plastic matting on the local ski slope with something more in keeping with the sport.

• Like 1

Posted

What a Sunday night TV viewing.

X Factor Final, Strictly Semi Final, Sports Personality of the Year.

So much incredible viewing available that I just couldn't make my mind up.

Easiest option was to say stuff them all and retire into the other room with some music and the odd foray on here.

Obviously only my own opinion but when did the definition of what is good entertaining TV change.

• Like 1

Posted

Just a thought I wish my addiction was the GYM...enough said right.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Just goes to show how frequently The weather is crap here in NW England, that the majority of times I visit this thread we are talking about completely non weather related stuff.

southerners take note. Still annoys me how parts of the Southeast had snow before most of us did last week. i'm still waiting! Lol

Posted

Well it snowed somewhere near here in border parts of west yorks, I can see through towards the hills above todmorden and it looks white over, just a sprinkling here on a couple of occasions this past week.

Obviously it has gone with today's rain !

Posted

Well it snowed somewhere near here in border parts of west yorks, I can see through towards the hills above todmorden and it looks white over, just a sprinkling here on a couple of occasions this past week.Obviously it has gone with today's rain !

Aaron where abouts are you.

I live in Lancashire, just over the hill from Todmorden and there was a bit of snow on the high ground, certainly up yo yesterday but as you said, probably all gone now.

Posted

Just goes to show how frequently The weather is crap here in NW England, that the majority of times I visit this thread we are talking about completely non weather related stuff.

southerners take note. Still annoys me how parts of the Southeast had snow before most of us did last week. i'm still waiting! Lol

I'm pretty sure that YouTube was invented because of the lack of interesting weather in North West England.

If not then its a damn good alternative to endless mild when it should be cold, rain when it should be cold.

• Like 1