Cold?
IGNORED

Northwest England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Dull and grey with odd rain/hail showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I've just seen my first flakes of the winter. Come to Liverpool for uni, walk to primark and it starts sleeting. Plenty of flakes in there, it's not as cold as runcorn here though

• Like 1

Posted

There's a slight covering on the south lakes hills this morning, with similar on the hills over to the east of Lancaster. Very defined snowline I'd assume somewhere around 2/300 meters. Nothing on the higher ground to the east of Preston.

Hi, Its more than a slight covering, there is a general cover from 100 metres up, quite powdery at 200 metres, though it is now thawing at lower levels-still a Christmas card scene, indeed temps continued to drop this morning with everything becoming icy..

We were lucky, just on the right side of marginal temperature wise and the precipitation was heavy enough to aid evaporative cooling.

The snow should hold at modest levels through the day, and in sheltered spots, and a cold night is in store, pity much of it will have disappeared by Sunday, tomorrow promises to be a good day for hill walking especially those who get up early.

Today is the first day of snow cover at 9am.

• Like 2

Posted

Heavy snow & hail shower just now, liverpool is being battered!

• Like 1

Posted

I've just seen my first flakes of the winter. Come to Liverpool for uni, walk to primark and it starts sleeting. Plenty of flakes in there, it's not as cold as runcorn here though

It is sleeting here too now !!

Posted

Dare i say it - i think it has just been snowing !!

• Like 2

Posted

Dare i say it - i think it has just been snowing !!

It was indeed!

Posted

I was hoping the sleety/snowy shower that is affecting Liverpool would deliver wintry goods to Manchester but it's just raining and the temperature has gone up from 3,5º to 5º :(:(:(

Posted

Hi, Its more than a slight covering, there is a general cover from 100 metres up, quite powdery at 200 metres, though it is now thawing at lower levels-still a Christmas card scene, indeed temps continued to drop this morning with everything becoming icy..

We were lucky, just on the right side of marginal temperature wise and the precipitation was heavy enough to aid evaporative cooling.

The snow should hold at modest levels through the day, and in sheltered spots, and a cold night is in store, pity much of it will have disappeared by Sunday, tomorrow promises to be a good day for hill walking especially those who get up early.

Damian ... I come up as far as Kendal and the hills I could see were only slightly covered.  There may be more out towards Windermere and further N & W but there's not all that much around here at all, and anyway i couldn't see further up as there was a big cloud blocking my view as well.

Sounds like there's quite a bit further up enjoy it whilst it lasts ! 

Edited by Snow free zone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

I was hoping the sleety/snowy shower that is affecting Liverpool would deliver wintry goods to Manchester but it's just raining and the temperature has gone up from 3,5º to 5º :(:( :(

Strange sleet at Manchester Airport

C.S

Posted

Well we got 2 minutes of heavy fluffy snow, then RAIN!

But it was still a nice suprise.

Edit...it's snowing again now YAYY!

Edited by robbo88
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I been thinking we could get a dusting from the wintry showers following behind the weather system if we are lucky. Cold uppers still may be cold enough.

I just so desparate for snow!!

looks like i'm right all along!! :-)

Posted

Proper hail & snow showers rattling through here! And it's not even cold!

• Like 1

Posted

Drove back from Kendal this morning, Howgills looked stunning, a good inch or so up on Shap summit on the A6. Like you say a definite Christmas card scene.

Snow looks a bit thinner on the fells around here with the snowline around 300m. Best get out and enjoy tomorrow before it goes.

What do people think about the that band of ppn moving south through Scotland just now, will the Highlands weaken it before it crosses the border?  

Posted

Well we got 2 minutes of heavy fluffy snow, then RAIN!

But it was still a nice suprise.

Edit...it's snowing again now YAYY!

Showed up as a decent snow shower over areas of the Peak District - locally here I just got grazed by it's northern edge and still had a brief hail showers....

Rain today demonstrates those how it turned from rain to sleet to snow once it reached higher levels;

raintoday1130.jpg raintoday1150.jpg raintoday1200.jpg raintoday1210.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Would be great if these showers merged together some more, they're heavy in nature and contain hail & snow, but they don't last very long.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Had a really heavy hail shower about 10.15am in Maghull it lasted a good 15 minutes the ground was getting white then it turned to more of a rainy mix, temperature was 2c. Had the odd shower since but not as much hail or as heavy. Back home now in Aintree the sun is shining for now some huge dark clouds making their way towards me

Posted

My prayers may of been answered! Blue skies now, merging showers in about half an hour looking at the radar, lovely! :)