Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Should be good.. Weardale just now:

10934051_10205879092761473_3056730050285

just been looking at a few webcams in swaledale and wensleydale and to be honest nothing but a dusting so will have to re-think my plans

WebCamPicture000.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Just had power go off briefly due to snow loading wires - 

You jammy git Col, enjoy mate :p

Posted

just been looking at a few webcams in swaledale and wensleydale and to be honest nothing but a dusting so will have to re-think my plans

WebCamPicture000.jpg

Well don't come this way you will get stuck.

Posted

WebCamPicture000.jpg

Just stick to the Durham Dales :) No need to go outside the NE :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Well don't come this way you will get stuck.

thats the whole idea lol, will probs head to chopgate

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Had thunder and lightning here around midnight with heavy hail. No snow here but i know a few miles inland these showers are falling as snow, might have a drive up there later( with my sledge)

Posted

Just had power go off briefly due to snow loading wires - 

You wont be many people's friend on here showing this lol.

Looks great.

Enjoy.

Looks like you have a lot more to come also looking out to sea. Big white clouds.

Edited by NorthEastSnow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Temperatures will be gradually increasing over the coming days as the wind shifts round to a north westerly bringing in less cold air with temperatures on Saturday and Sunday around 6c to 7c

High pressure dominating next week looks a good bet, what is uncertain is whether it will be a dirty high cloudy high or one which will allow some sunny spells to develop if it did with light winds it could feel pleasant by day given the strengthening February sun though frosty overnight with cold starts

Posted

Another snow warning up for tonight

Yeah however its for Redcar and Cleveland, Middlesbrough only

Snow accumulations of 1-3 cm are also possible in places, mainly above 150 m with perhaps 8 cm over the North York Moors. Due to the showery nature of the flow many places will probably miss the snow.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1423094400&regionName=ne

Posted

Tonight is, barring unusually late changes in temperature, our last shot at a winter to remember.

After last nights sugar like covering of snow my patience for this winter is just about done, 2 winters in a row without snow deep enough to need a snow shovel what did fall melted within a few hours

Good job spring is close now can't beat it when all the early spring colour emerges

With 24 days of winter remaining I wouldn't say its our last shot just yet but time is rapidly running out with high pressure dominating to at least mid month

Posted

After last nights sugar like covering of snow my patience for this winter is just about done, 2 winters in a row without snow deep enough to need a snow shovel what did fall melted within a few hours

Good job spring is close now can't beat it when all the early spring colour emerges

With 24 days of winter remaining I wouldn't say its our last shot just yet but time is rapidly running out with high pressure dominating to at least mid month

Spot on!.

When the winds are in the right direction it’s not cold enough, when there the wrong direction by 2 miles! its giving 8cm extra snow to the east of me.

Very tedious now.

Bring on Spring.

Posted

3 Dustings later winter is back on hold, but at least it looks like a sunny high we're getting with winds coming from a westerly direction, although a very non-descript and dull period in terms of interest coming up  :mellow:

Posted

Looking at the forecast below for Darlington we should see some sunshine next week and given winds will be light it would feel quite pleasant by early afternoon in the sunshine

Untitled1.png

Posted

Suppose it's time to start the hunt for warm now. What's the warmest our regions been in Feb?

Not sure on the record but here in Darlington we hit 16c back in Feb 2012 so the mid teens can be achieved easily given the right set up

Posted

Not sure on the record but here in Darlington we hit 16c back in Feb 2012 so the mid teens can be achieved easily given the right set up

Nice comfortable weather that - 8-16°C and dry. Looks like what we're in for as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, storms

Great stuff 4WD, I am down in Seamer near Scarborough. Apart from a few heavy hail showers it's been mostly rain. I travelled to Harrogate yesterday and just a mile West of me there was a good covering!

Posted

There's talk in the scotland thread of a greenland high at the end of the month. That's what brought us 2010 right?

I think they are just referring to the NW monthly forecast which is talking about it

If we take a look at the met's longer range thoughts they seem to suggest low pressure for the far north with high pressure over the south

UK Outlook for Thursday 19 Feb 2015 to Thursday 5 Mar 2015:

It currently looks most probable that a period of more settled weather will continue to dominate in the south, whilst changeable Atlantic conditions will likely prevail at the start of the period in the north. This leaves most parts of the UK, especially the south, with slightly drier and colder conditions than average, with overnight frosts and fog patches likely at times.

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and thunderstorms :)

i know its only beginning of feb but after the past weeks snow attempts that have failed for many of us i'm giving up on this winter now, roll on next winter!

yes we can still get decent snow/cold spells in march and a few snow days in april, but with the nights getting longer and sun stronger by then it never lasts long... cant see anything happening this month to change my mind either.

yes i have seen more snow falling from the sky this winter but the fact its all melted by lunchtime and back to square one just doesn't do it for me :(