Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North Of England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 70 degree's in the summer, snow in the winter

Ha ha, not the six foot drifts I may have made you think, but I think there will be plenty of showers. We have a very favourable position.

Drive the five or so miles to work in Thornaby there is nothing. Mine the only car in the car park with a good covering of snow

Anyway hope we all get a few inches

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

The wind direction explains why N.Yorks are getting the showers.   -0.2c here.

http://xcweather.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

nothing for darlo tonight not in a good position for the current wind direction more a coastal thing, tommorrow might be a better day for us further inland and lets hope tonights ECM verifies, current temp 1.2c

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Moderate snowfall right here on the coast and settling everywhere now. Where the snow had melted earlier has now frozen and the snow is settling quite readily.

If that little blob of cloud just above my location can produce snow as much as what Ive just seen fall those showers out in the North sea should dump a few cm, thats if they can keep together as they make landfall.

post-5386-0-30051400-1422907658_thumb.pn

©Netweather 5min radar V4

Edited by NL
  • Like 1

Posted

Snow just starting now. This could be good for anyone who is under the path of this narrow band.

true... looks like Sunderland is more in the firing line, though as it pushes south.

Posted

Just shows how localised the showers are when I got nothing here yet Washington got snowfall. 

The slow nature of the showers coupled with the low dewpoints and dry ground could mean that there could be some surprises by morning time. 

Any snowfall tonight for me would be a bonus, still think tomorrow evening/night into Wednesday got some potential mind aslong as the winds stays off shore. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Just drove back from Boro where there was a decent snow shower giving a covering, now back in Redcar where there is nothing, the dew point is to high at the moment.   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

Dry here.

Obviously.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: It's all about the white stuff!

Covering of snow in jarrow, drove through hebburn to bill Quay to pick the bairn up from scouts and there's nothing in either place

Posted

Its one of those nights where somewhere could get quite a bit of snow whilst 5 miles down the road gets nothing at all, they really are that localised these showers.

I think parts of Teesside could do quite well especially as the land sticks out a bit, be localised no doubt but some potential for sure. 

Posted

Its one of those nights where somewhere could get quite a bit of snow whilst 5 miles down the road gets nothing at all, they really are that localised these showers.

I think parts of Teesside could do quite well especially as the land sticks out a bit, be localised no doubt but some potential for sure. 

I'm in that "down the road gets nothing" bit.

All bloody winter I've been here ...

The rest of the showers don't quite seem to be making landfall.

Aww never?

Damn.

Covering of snow in jarrow, drove through hebburn to bill Quay to pick the bairn up from scouts and there's nothing in either place

And you can shut up as well :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted

Agreed. Are the winds due to turn more E'ly at all? If not, then yet again northern parts of the region are scuppered!

Posted

Agreed. Are the winds due to turn more E'ly at all? If not, then yet again northern parts of the region are scuppered!

Yes over the next 24 hours.

Posted

Heavy snow shower incoming for parts of Teesside

UntitledvAVjc.png

I don't even know why I'm asking you this, but is there anything heading towards me?

Stop laughing, just answer me please.