Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

As Vizzy says,showers reaching east coast for a time after midnight,ableit light.Heavier the further west.Hoping the irish sea will generate some,also an occlusion pushing through later in the night,so something alittle more organised maybe popping up?

I get a feeling 1 or 2 spots will be lucky if a streamer sets up later(very localised though).

Anyway back on here later when had a bath,got a glass o red in hand and opened my living room blinds to view the streetlamp,also radar watch!

Off to view mod thread to view the carnage before i keep you guys company on here later.Good luck all x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL

BBC main weather looks good for Yorkshire tonight and into Saturday morning, constant snow showers coming in from the West, definitely looks better than last nights forecast, that's why its best to wait until hours before to predict the track of any snow, looking promising. Let's see what look north shows.

• Like 1

Posted

Forecast for tonight into tomorrow 

post-8968-0-74774500-1421433802_thumb.pn

Left of the red line: Generally 2-5cm, localized significant accumulation of 5-15cm. 

Right: Dusting, perhaps 1-2cm in places 

Edit: Forgot to mention emphasize on higher ground around 100-150m+, it may be a touch marginal to lower levels.

Edited by Cheese Rice
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Thanks Cheese Rice.

P.S. Great forecast just now on Look North backs that up. Lots of heavy showers all night and tomorrow morning. Defo a good covering on western hills. :cold: :cold:

Posted

Unfortunately still looking a bit grim for us east coasties unless your in the North York Moors, may still see something from this slider Tues/Weds as the beast from the east looks odds off. Only 3 weeks away from my 2 year anniversary for the last time I saw "lying snow" IMBY. Interest still much higher than last years borefest anyway.

Yes looking forward to tue/ weds or should I say the twists, turns and tantrums on the way!! How I love a beast from the east it does seem such a long time ago that we had our Armageddon and thunder snow event

Posted

attachicon.gifmo.png

Left of the red line: Generally 2-5cm, localized significant accumulation of 5-15cm. 

Edit: Forgot to mention emphasize on higher ground around 100-150m+, it may be a touch marginal to lower levels.

The beeb always play it down, look north said "wintry showers" next week!

But come Sunday there will be amber warning in place for our region lol

Well I hope there will be :p

Posted
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale

Another heavy shower just past through here.

Posted

Another heavy shower just past through here.

Your actually in the favored location where I expect the 5-15cm.

Running in a line from Ingleton, Skipton, Otley, Bramhope

I'm right at the end of the line where the showers (Bramhope) usually died a death so bits and pieces of light snow here. Good dusting here, can't even see the ground.

Posted

Your actually in the favored location where I expect the 5-15cm.

Running in a line from Ingleton, Skipton, Otley, Bramhope

I'm right at the end of the line where the showers (Bramhope) usually died a death so bits and pieces of light snow here. Good dusting here, can't even see the ground.

I hope your right , exciting times ahead for us all hopefully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Just looked at the mod thread. Think we need to make most of this weeks cold spell. A lot are saying the pv over Greenland is looking strong again sending us back to zonal dross with rain and storms. So if we see snow make most of it I would say. As I think as we move towards back end of next week we could be back in westerly airstream.

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

Got about 2cm of lying snow now. Had some heavy bursts at times, but still wasn't expecting this much to be lying already.

The front is moving south, its now at the border looking at the Radar, so does look like as predicted its some point after midnight is when it will really start to come down.

Posted

Just looked at the mod thread. Think we need to make most of this weeks cold spell. A lot are saying the pv over Greenland is looking strong again sending us back to zonal dross with rain and storms. So if we see snow make most of it I would say. As I think as we move towards back end of next week we could be back in westerly airstream.

Unlikely.

Earlier I was a bit concerned looking at the output but slider after slider seems the most probable outcome.

Potentially very snowy. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

attachicon.gifmo.png

I'm slap bang on that red line.  :D

And we could be in an easterly, the westerly doesn't look mild, bit like tomorrows.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Unlikely.

Earlier I was a bit concerned looking at the output but slider after slider seems the most probable outcome.

Potentially very snowy.

but from what I gather people are suggesting a return to westerly flow by next weekend. Take it here in good old yorkshire we could hold onto the cold longest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

"**SnowPlease**"

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay its snowing hahaha :)

I told you I would send it your way 😄

Edited by de88ie
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

Unlikely.

Potentially very snowy. 

Yeah this is almost the perfect conditions for us (could be a tad colder), but it usual means the south gets no snow, while some parts of the North get tons of it. All could change at the drop of a hat, as always with snow and you can really never look past 72 hours with any certainty; 2009/2010 showed that in classic style with breakdowns constantly being shown on the models 72-96 hours out.

Just got to ignore all the southern MOD thread posters if you want any sense there.

Posted

If we get the showery weekend and outlook and then the two potential disruptive slider events then I will be happy with that. What are you actually expecting a 4 week freeze?!?!

but from what I gather people are suggesting a return to westerly flow by next weekend. Take it here in good old yorkshire we could hold onto the cold longest.

Posted

You've got to account for IMBY and a general lack of chart reading/common sense from a surprisingly large number of posters.

Its really a case of toys out of the pram. Usually the more experienced members know better so if I was you I'd start putting certain members on ignore and look to the more balanced posts. 

If anything put anyone on ignore ramping away mild. Yes there is a likelihood of milder weather in the south west but the key to model watching is not taking everything at face value, and those who can't grasp that concept aren't worth your time.

Sure, I wasn't keen on the output this morning, but I said this was at face value and I still expected volatility.  

Edited by Cheese Rice
  • Like 3

Posted

Im with cheeserice re slider after slider.With the models all over the place the last few runs ie,west v east etc im beginning to feel us yorkies are in the prime position imho,that is snow potential and to stay cold.Also I think the cold will hang around longer than end of next week!
Iremember slider situations of yesteryear and always had it in my mind the pennines are sort of a breaker holding back mild(just my thoughts. Anyway lots of potential in the week ahead and the rest of winter.Dont forget the metoffice and the models swung around to this cold spell at the last min so don't take anything more than 96hrs for gospel imo.
And if it all goes t*ts up,theres always a deep solar min a few years away and the amo set to cold phase next year or 2 :cold:  :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

"**SnowPlease**"

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay its snowing hahaha :)

I told you I would send it your way

yeah thanks for that haha, had a good ten mins lol, remember anymore you get tonight send that this way too lol :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

GFS snow depths for our region, midday Wednesday:

uBRqC9E.png

I think those east of the A1 could join in on the fun as well, since they have missed out largely so far. Unfortunately, looks like the east coast will remain dry, but who knows? Still a few days to go before the details are established. I think Western North Yorks, West Yorks and South Yorks are best placed.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted

Also just out of interest,look at the radar(I use rainfall today)in the north sea,snow shower maker for Norway and further south!

Edited by joggs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Really hoping those sliders...if they reach the UK...push way east as i think it's our turn to see some snow next week, otherwise it's bust for us, as 'terrier' says the f/cast on most of the runs i've seen is for the cold spell to break down next Thu/Fri as a strong Jet-stream pushes back in...with a large Azores High thrown for good measure...it couldv'e been so perfect... :mellow:

Posted

Really hoping those sliders...if they reach the UK...push way east as i think it's our turn to see some snow next week, otherwise it's bust for us, as 'terrier' says the f/cast on most of the runs i've seen is for the cold spell to break down next Thu/Fri as a strong Jet-stream pushes back in...with a large Azores High thrown for good measure...it couldv'e been so perfect... :mellow:

It still can be a great situation for us PHLIPPY67,very volatile outlook :D