Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Thanks for that! Been lurking on this site for years. Always used to be posters from Barton and Sbad wordhorpe but not now! Fingers crossed that we all get some. I try and read the model forum thread, to get a better understanding, but when snow is on the card the mood swings one way to the other with every post. To the point where I don't have a clue!

Posted

Thanks for that! Been lurking on this site for years. Always used to be posters from Barton and Sprunehorpe but not now! Fingers crossed that we all get some. I try and read the model forum thread, to get a better understanding, but when snow is on the card the mood swings one way to the other with every post. To the point where I don't have a clue!

Ive been here for a few years and its still the same havent a clue.....Looks like a bit of a turn on this morning,  back to a slightly more positive feel with the last outputs.

Edited by tayzi

Posted

Those in skipton/halifax area..... SNOW SHOWER ALERT!!

Fun and games really about to start now, a couple medeocre showers pushing into west yorkshire, But just check out those following hot on the heels...

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I'm back in Herts for a few days... With arguing in there, I'm missing you guys already!

Back to the snowless south? Wednesday looks like a snow fest (well, as much as a snow fest as you can realistically expect for the UK, lol).

Edited by cheese

Posted

Back to the snowless south? I'm sure there will be some snow left upon your return. Wednesday looks like a snow fest!

Yes, but I'm hoping to be back on Monday, so hopefully I can catch some. 

Posted

That big lump of precipitation in SW Scotland atm - is that expected to reach us - looks like a really tasty treat if if it does.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale

Heavy Snow showers here all day.

And snowing again here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I've got to pop out to pick my daughter up around 8:30 ( Halifax and then a drop off on the tops around us!!) so I'm hoping those nasties over SW Scotland haven't made it to us before then!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

cant see those reaching us, they die off on their way down. Been happening all day. Forecast is still for a dry night with perhaps a few flurries. Il always hold out hope though :)

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

cant see those reaching us, they die off on their way down. Been happening all day. Forecast is still for a dry night with perhaps a few flurries. Il always hold out hope though :)

Yeah they wont reach you, but they are reaching us here :)

Snowing again, and this seems just like the start of it going on the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

look north showed snow from 10pm in west yorkshire lasting until sat afternoon!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Yeah they wont reach you, but they are reaching us here :)

Snowing again, and this seems just like the start of it going on the radar.

enjoy! and i am hoping they reach me :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Can't see much in the way of showers at all reaching South Yorkshire tonight.

The Meto forecast just goes for the odd shower drifting across the Dales with some slight accumulations there.

The present radar does look more promising than that but showers do seem to be dying around the Leeds area at present so anywhere South and East of there may have to wait until the weekend for some action.

Fingers crossed!

Posted

Can't see much in the way of showers at all reaching South Yorkshire tonight.

The Meto forecast just goes for the odd shower drifting across the Dales with some slight accumulations there.

The present radar does look more promising than that but showers do seem to be dying around the Leeds area at present so anywhere South and East of there may have to wait until the weekend for some action.

Fingers crossed!

yeah i noticed them dying out around leeds area, oh well, more chances will arise, early night for me tonight i think if they keep dying out :( lol 

Posted

Forget them showers to the nw.The flow will turn westerly.Look west later,id say 9pm onwards.

• Like 1

Posted

Forget them showers to the nw.The flow will turn westerly.Look west later,id say 9pm onwards.

how far inland will those showers from the west make it, or does no one have a clue yet lol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Yes the flow turns more Westerly later this evening meaning the showers have a shorter land track so therefore less chance of dying out quicker, if we can get some beefier showers we could see them reaching the Vale of York which happened early Wednesday morning. Infact the latest Look North forecast shows them reaching the east coast for quite some time overnight. However MetO precip charts show them only reaching the A1. I would be surprised if areas such as Leeds/Bradford dont have at least a small covering by morning. Radars at the ready.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Confused by the bbc weather app. Showing heavy snow for West Yorkshire all day tommorow. But watched bbc weather on news 24 earlier. And it looks very marginal to say the least. Confused.com

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.

BBC weather yesterday for Bramley, Leeds showed a clear day for Saturday with no snow. Today its slowly moved towards the odd period of her heavy snow, mixed with light snow and sleet.

If the last few years are to go by in my experience they generally go on the wrong side of marginal and I get more snow than they think. In fact I'd go as far to say that I've not seen them predict snow and it turn to sleet, only the other way round.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Shame the Low didn't track SE y/day then the east coast would be getting snow from a NEly...no chance of that with the current set-up...ah well

Posted

Confused by the bbc weather app. Showing heavy snow for West Yorkshire all day tommorow. But watched bbc weather on news 24 earlier. And it looks very marginal to say the least. Confused.com

I would of thought anything overnight and early morning will be mainly snow, even to low levels, however during tomorrow daytime the snow level may rise or only snow to lower levels in the v heavy showers, whats your elevation terrier?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Current BBC weather looked good for snow - no rain around, even throughout tomorrow. As vizzy mentioned, these showers will take on a more direct westerly route so they might just make it further beyond the Pennines. Since we got a dose of heavy snow earlier, even though we were only supposed to get rain, I am hopeful that tomorrow will be the same.

Edited by cheese

Posted

Shame the Low didn't track SE y/day then the east coast would be getting snow from a NEly...no chance of that with the current set-up...ah well

Unfortunately still looking a bit grim for us east coasties unless your in the North York Moors, may still see something from this slider Tues/Weds as the beast from the east looks odds off. Only 3 weeks away from my 2 year anniversary for the last time I saw "lying snow" IMBY. Interest still much higher than last years borefest anyway.