Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

They are 'gusts' atm? not any consistent high wind speeds? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

I liked the latest update from the BBC online for 10 days. Helen was clearly talking about a few Atlantic attacks into very cold stagnant air which would give us a few snow events. She even said they are not sure whether it will break through, and judjing what weve been seeing last few days on models I dont think it will. We can get slider, after slider and it just keeps piling up :)

From experience we dont have the worries of the warm fronts  up here in Yorkshire, we generaly do very well with this set up. Look at January and March 2013. This coming week looks very similar :D

I for one am very positive. Its also going to stay very cold so what we get, we keep :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

Next half hour ( or so) sees the squall run through? Pretty messy atm with strong gusts prevalent . will tell you how it was once its moved through! 

Posted

Capel C. now approaching 100mph!!! We're an hour ( or so) behind ( over the tops).......

EDIT: Squall impacting 1:06 a.m.

Big blobs of rain!

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

A surprise gust to 51mph just after midnight otherwise nothing much to report last night. Today should be the day though.

Posted

A surprise gust to 51mph just after midnight otherwise nothing much to report last night. Today should be the day though.

I expect we'll see quite a wild afternoon, if not earlier. 

Posted

I was either very tired last night or the wind wasn't as bad as expected. It didn't wake me...although just let the dogs out and our real Christmas tree that was lounging at the bottom of the garden has moved up the drive  :cc_confused:  As has been said before I wonder whether todays wind may catch a few out.

Posted

Wind already starting to pick up here in Leeds. Will be a very dangerous drive home for some with peak winds expected at 16.00 it shows a wind speed avg of 40mph and gusts upto 62mph. Surprised of the little warning with the main winds going to hit at a very busy time. E.G school runs.

Edited by Love Snow

Posted

From all I'd seen I'd expected both a rough night and morning ( things picking up further late afternoon?) but nothing really ??? Nothing in excess of the last weeks offerings ( so far).

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Snow Weather warning issued for Tomorrow and Saturday Morning for West North Yorkshire, and Western West Yorkshire (aka the Pennines)-

Issued at:
0905 on Thu 15 Jan 2015

Valid from:
0010 on Fri 16 Jan 2015

Valid to:
1200 on Sat 17 Jan 2015

Showers will feed into most of northern and western Scotland, Northern Ireland and northwest England during Friday and at least the first part of Saturday. Some of these showers will be heavy with a mixture of hail, sleet and snow. Snow accumulations are likely to mount up on hills, with around 10 to 15 cm for some areas above 300m. Smaller accumulations are also expected to lower levels at times, away from immediate coasts, with localised falls of 2 to 6 cm. Ice will be an additional hazard on untreated surfaces. The public should be aware of the risk of disruption to travel.
Edited by cowdog
  • Like 2

Posted

*******YORKSHIRE AND THE HUMBER***********

Current alert level: Level 3 - Cold Weather Action

Issued at: 0826 on Thu 15 Jan 2015

There is a 90% probability of severe cold weather/icy conditions between 1800 on Thursday and 1200 on Monday in parts of England. This weather could increase the health risks to vulnerable patients and disrupt the delivery of services. Please refer to the national Cold Weather Plan and your Trust's emergency plan for appropriate preventive action.

After less cold conditions overnight Wednesday and for a time on Thursday, increasingly cold air will spread from the northwest across England on Thursday night and during Friday, with showers turning more wintry from the north. Average temperatures are expected to continue falling through the weekend, with a northerly airstream likely to be established by Sunday. Frost and ice are expected to become increasingly widespread through the period, with some severe overnight frosts likely in the north over any snow cover by Monday.

• Like 1

Posted

It is still sounding very good for our region next week yes. Even from the weekend. Im hoping for lots of snow to build up and it last all next week :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

i dont know lol, i rely on reading the more knowledgeable peoples posts as to what the models are showing, all im getting is very confused, lol, some positive posts, great posts, then there is posts that say the opposite and just confuse me lol.

im just using positive thinking and trying to muddle through the MOD thread and make sense of it all lol :) :)

Posted

Its always the same SnowPlease. The negativity mainly comes from those in the south, as they always start getting IMBY when its due to get cold. We are lucky up here as Yorkshire usualy does well, and we do not look to have the worries they have regarding snow. Youll have often read 'midlands north' and thats all fine and good for us :D

We should be confident of seeing snow next week, and this is at all levels too. Could be our best spell since March 13 :cold:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

i dont know lol, i rely on reading the more knowledgeable peoples posts as to what the models are showing, all im getting is very confused, lol, some positive posts, great posts, then there is posts that say the opposite and just confuse me lol.

im just using positive thinking and trying to muddle through the MOD thread and make sense of it all lol :) :)

During the evening showers will push west on a front turning wintry in most places.during tom there will be the odd snow shower but nothing extreme.Sat and sun look colder with scattered sleet and snow showers as the wind moves into the north.Its mon-tues when things change as a low slips south east and disrupts giving some areas snow for a time.Areas to be affected possibly more to the west of our regeion .Thereafter a brief easterly with snow showers mostly towards the coast and temps very low.Most of yorkshire tho should see some snow cover

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

During the evening showers will push west on a front turning wintry in most places.during tom there will be the odd snow shower but nothing extreme.Sat and sun look colder with scattered sleet and snow showers as the wind moves into the north.Its mon-tues when things change as a low slips south east and disrupts giving some areas snow for a time.Areas to be affected possibly more to the west of our regeion .Thereafter a brief easterly with snow showers mostly towards the coast and temps very low.Most of yorkshire tho should see some snow cover

ok, thanks for this, has helped me understand :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

Excited for what could be in store in the coming days. Lots of lampost watching and mood swings in the MOD thread I am sure ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Not sure about our chances just yet. Lon way to go. Looks like there is a milder sector showing up on the latest gfs run. Which could spell trouble should it verify. But here's hopeing to some snowfall. But until we see it at t06 I will remain cautious.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Getting gusty again

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Not sure about our chances just yet. Lon way to go. Looks like there is a milder sector showing up on the latest gfs run. Which could spell trouble should it verify. But here's hopeing to some snowfall. But until we see it at t06 I will remain cautious.

You've spent too long in the mod thread terrier, stop fretting lol. it looks very good for up here! I like the look of Tuesday and Wednesday next week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

No reason whatsoever to be negative regarding next week if you live in Yorkshire, it will be cold and snowy :)