Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

http://oiswww.eumetsat.org/IPPS/html/MSG/RGB/AIRMASS/WESTERNEUROPE/index.htm

All battened down for later you guys on the tops? Looks like they weren't wrong about that squall line? Guess we all have a 'wake up' overnight as it comes through!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

I'm watching the model threads and forecasts intensely. We've got carers out there in this wintry weather. Thank goodness for netweather and it's army of sofa meteorologists!! 

It gusted at Bradfield 80 MPH plus last week so I was told, the next valley on from me I wonder if it will break that. I cant see us having snow even at 300M think the uppers will be way too warm tonight, but could be wrong.

Looks like it could easily be a snowfest for hilly parts from Saturday right through the week if the GFS is to be believed :D

(has done pretty well lately I think)

Posted

Well I officially received my first snowfall of the winter this morning, a very thin sugar dusting from a decaying shower that made it all the way past York. YIPPEEE. 

Dropped the missus off in Leeds around 10am and headed North through Otley, Blubberhouses and eventually arrived in the Yorkshire Dales for a proper snowfix. Was great to see snow on the ground with blue skies as the back drop. Wind was very gusty above 400m and there was alot of drifting. Hope you like the pics 

Nice pics mate! Looks like a decent day out! We had a flurry this morning. That was it! Still, didn't expect much from a Westerly right over here on the East Coast! 

Tonights storm should be interesting anyway, My top gust on my new station is 57mph, from the storm on the 10th. I reckon that will be broken ion the next 36 hours. 

You can view it here if anyones interested. 

http://www.weatherlink.com/user/pmm509

• Like 1

Posted

I'm doing one thing at a time so it's a sodden night walk for me and the dogs and then the cold front!

How things pan out after that I'll leave to later but if Met Eirean have already gone Red then I'm not gonna relax until tomorrow afternoon as their potential 'Sting Jet' could just as easily be 150 miles further east as across the borders of North and South Ireland and then that's getting close to us?

As for 'Having carers out there' I'm glad i'm out of that stuff as it'd just have me in the frame for picking up blobbed shifts as the carers got stuck somewhere else....... ah! easy life!!!!

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Just started raining so a wet night coming then all eyes on tomorrow afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Yes Hudson just said tomorrow evenings winds will be worse than tonights so thats to watch out for.

There is a chance that tomorrow evenings front is wintry/snow, especialy higher up so i will be watching that. Could be an early taster for whats to come from then on :D:cold:

Posted

Really bad out there earlier, very icy/slushy, the snow was melting but turning readily to black ice with moderate rain. 

Road were a mess

Not so bad now its a touch milder. Temps dropped a little under the front to 2.c, currently 3.c, DP 1.c

I would Imagine another 100-150m or so its probably snowing. 

Posted

I'm doing one thing at a time so it's a sodden night walk for me and the dogs and then the cold front!

How things pan out after that I'll leave to later but if Met Eirean have already gone Red then I'm not gonna relax until tomorrow afternoon as their potential 'Sting Jet' could just as easily be 150 miles further east as across the borders of North and South Ireland and then that's getting close to us?

As for 'Having carers out there' I'm glad i'm out of that stuff as it'd just have me in the frame for picking up blobbed shifts as the carers got stuck somewhere else....... ah! easy life!!!!

Yeah the GFS P shows quite ferocious winds for a short period of time.

Enough for damage.

Just about far enough south on this run to hit Leeds. Not good to see damaging gust in excess of 68mph in rush hour.

ukgust.png

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted

No black ICE or anything here just rain lighter than expected. Expecting a lot of grief tomorrow at work about the lack of winds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Rain's arrived here...and getting quite breezy too, looking forward to next week big time...

Posted

very gusty up here now, its picking up! Strongest winds will be late in the night looking at the TV forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

This wind is strange. Its coming is small intense puffs causing hanging plant pots to swing and push empty wheelie bins.  :)

Raining lightly too.

• Like 2

Posted

Surprise gust to 42mph otherwise fairly quiet. overall.

• Like 1

Posted

getting a bit blowy out!!!

This wind is strange. Its coming is small intense puffs causing hanging plant pots to swing and push empty wheelie bins.  :)

Raining lightly too.

Hi bud! just up the road in Mytholmroyd and it's really beginning to pick up here ( in gusts) over the past 1/2 hour?

And the rain is here ( but dogs walked!!!)

EDIT: posting restrictions lifted so I can post at leisure!!!!!! MWHA-HA-HA Harrrrrr !!!!!!

XC now has Capel C. up to 83mph so it's on its way!!!!!

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

The Squall line is sharpening up now? Just crossing the coast so maybe 90 mins from us here??? Think I can take a sit down until it arrives? ( wine/beer/spirits willing?)

Posted

Who says nature doesnt do straight lines ey! Thats an impressive one on the latest radar image. Very lively night coming up :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Just seen BBC f/cast for next week and seems all the snow will be in N+W and Midlands...great...

Posted

Just seen BBC f/cast for next week and seems all the snow will be in N+W and Midlands...great...

I really wouldn't worry about BBC forecasts at this stage for a such a long period in time... They will not turn out to be accurate this far away from any potential snow just yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

i doubt any forecast as to where the snow will be is anywhere near nailed on, as always, snow showers can just spring up at the drop of a hat with the right synoptics, i really wouldn't be worrying, things will change as we get nearer the event, keep positive :) :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

yeah same for me too, sooo tired now, been a great day today model wise, fingers crossed for more of the same tomorrow or even UPGRADES lol, night :)

Posted

I think I can manage the 'Squall' line before I turn off??? As for next week? It depends on how the ocean moderates things as the air streams off Greenland's ice sheet? We ( here) will see snow ..... but will it settle??? 

Edited by Gray-Wolf