Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Had a good few heavy showers today at work at Odsal Top

Posted

Hail shower at present. temp 1.2c.

Looking like a shower on its way and a few tasty ones a le last nite / this morning too.

Birmingham on 7am train for me so early start !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Just had a covering from that big shower heading over York area covering, the most settling snow from a convective westerly so far since moving here just over 3 years ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Surprisingly had some brief snow showers here on east coast earlier today, temp now down to feezing...hoping for some ppn overnight but charts not looking promising...

Posted

Hail and snow on and off all morning but great snow shower right now.  Keep getting a nice dusting > melts> dusting>melts etc.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Will this shower make it here and would it produce a wintry flavour for the final part of this cold snap/spell,there is another shower forming in the NW(N Preston area)

it has not been bad here this winter with 3 snowy spells,with a decent cover of upto 3-4 inches in one spell + this wintry shower spell that we are currently having,yesterday morning was brill for snow showers on and off through most of the morning but i was at work and i kept on poking my nose out of the bay door lol

just want too add that if you desperately want to see some snow and it isn't IYBY(in your back yard),then head out to find it,i do it every winter because i like the extremity of wind and snow combined,it is everyones dream to see it blow about with drifting and to be out in that kind of enviroment it is a real good buzz,even though this winter has been ok here i still wanted more so i had to head out to find more and it does pay off to find it :)

i have been up Snakes pass quiet a few times this winter and got my fix,also i go to cumbria every winter,A BIG FIX :D

that's my rant,hope we have a better winter 2015/16,now looking forward to some spring weather now so i can get some stuff done in the garden,and be ready for (i hope) a good convective summer :spiteful:

cheers guys :)

the Pennines have killed it again and the shower to follow looks to do the same

still not throwing the towel in just yet as some of the models are showing a Scandi block and just maybe we might see a contintal feed,that will still favour some of us oop north :D

Edited by Allseasons-si
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Looking forward to the mild/v mild weather for Saturday winter can do one now been pants here

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Been raining here continuously for 15 hours now. Getting really depressing.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Looking forward to tomorrow re-convection,cloudscapes and a little o everything in the showers.Love this type.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well with evapouritve cooling we have snow and a slight covering

Posted

Interesting that last nights gfs didn't show suitable conditions at this time of day. Oh we love evapourite cooling.

Posted

Good Friday showing a slider low on the last few runs. Very similar to March 22 2013. 18z in particular would bring alot of snow to high ground.

Winters last gasp?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

That would be fun CR!

We had snow here last wednesday morning, about an inch, and then the showers were quite wintry last week. Same again this week it seems!

I would love one last gasp :D:cold:

Posted

Good Friday showing a slider low on the last few runs. Very similar to March 22 2013. 18z in particular would bring alot of snow to high ground.

Winters last gasp?

Too far north on this evenings run. Plenty of time yet though.

Posted

Well a brief increase in winds now going rather quiet with light rain. Latest local forecast shows little of interest until the early hours which is quite a downgrade from earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Winds really picking up here now PIT, and the rain has been lashing heavy against the window for a good hour now. Just shows you its true what they say about the hills getting worse weather!

Im hoping to see a few snow flakes tomorrow and Wednesday, as these may be the last ones this season. Still a question mark over Friday but we shall see......