Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

stopped here now, can see blue sky 

I've been looking at our back garden wall for depths, but the front garden walls across the road look like they have more like 7-8 inches rather than the 6 on our slightly more sheltered back garden wall. Snow still moderate :)

edit: snow heavy again.

Edited by CAPE-steve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Schools all closed here in Hudds, although it's not that bad now, as snow has stopped. Probably 4-5 cms depth, but the problem was it fell heavily during rush hour, so all the roads ground to a halt. Sun just starting to come out so I'm sure there'll be lots of parents thinking 'what's the problem.....'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Well here I am directly between the streamers.

so am I now! :(

post-9352-0-72125900-1422524543_thumb.jp

It might be nothing, but for those (like me) wondering about the next batch of precipitation once this streamer clears south, take a look at what is brewing out of southwest Scotland at the moment. It's slowly heading SE and could cause us some problems later if it stays on it's current track/intensity :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

sun trying to come out now, son off school poorly, daughter wont be impressed if she does the full day haha hate seeing blue skies when snow on ground lol

Posted

Thanks baracus, likely bit more in queensbury, has all the snow melted from previous as i had 10-12 inches in queensbury when i left last saturday

I think so from discussions I've had... Not been there personally tho so don't take as gospel!

Posted

well this cold spell can do one now, no snow forecast for the next 5 days at least, just a chilly wind and dry, not my idea of fun, lol,  bring on the spring

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

well this cold spell can do one now, no snow forecast for the next 5 days at least, just a chilly wind and dry, not my idea of fun, lol,  bring on the spring

I really wish there was a seperate thread for South Lincs, as you have VERY different weather to the rest of us most of the time.

The Northern streamer looks to be coming to an end soon, no new precipitation over the see. Southern one still going very strong, Sheffield could be buried :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

huge streamer set up now but its slipping south all the time. Sheffield is now too far north. Waiting for the next one now. TV graphics showed a bit more later and there is still the feature coming down from the north later on in the night!

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

huge streamer set up now but its slipping south all the time. Sheffield is now too far north. Waiting for the next one now. TV graphics showed a bit more later and there is still the feature coming down from the north later on in the night!

Yeah the one tonight, shows promise although will probably be too marginal for low asl, but that's kind of what should make it potent.

Yep I think we'll get scraped by the next couple of showers but you can just about see it slipping south. What's kept us in the game this long is the fact the showers are expanding over a larger area once they get inland. If the next few can do that it'll prolong the snowfall that bit longer. Otherwise, it's waiting for surprises later on today/tonight! 

It is still snowing here but little flakes getting the ride of their lives in the wind. Very blowy and white out there now :)

Edited by CAPE-steve

Posted

Tonight certainly holds potential for the region again, but the models all seem to be saying something different about the PPN, so it might be best leaving it to someone a bit more clued up than myself with the latest output!  :laugh:

Posted

Not much better here in Lincoln! Feels to warm, not feeling any windchill at all.

windchill or lack off is 4.5c, wind from the west, current outside temp 2,5 and rising, so not a chance of snow here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Yep I think we'll get scraped by the next couple of showers but you can just about see it slipping south. What's kept us in the game this long is the fact the showers are expanding over a larger area once they get inland. If the next few can do that it'll prolong the snowfall that bit longer. Otherwise, it's waiting for surprises later on today/tonight! 

It is still snowing here but little flakes getting the ride of their lives in the wind. Very blowy and white out there now :)

Yes I completely agree. They are still coming east enough to drag across aswell as down. Still snowing lightly here too. Think weve experienced exactly the same conditions this morning. I think the next lot will keep us just on the northern edge for a while. Plenty still forming out in the Irish sea so probably on and off lighly all day unless another area can develop more north.

Tonight should add more too :D

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Plenty of Snow here at the moment. 6cm measured this morning some more added since.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Omg Wow coming down really heavy in leeds now 50p flakes dumped 2cm nearly in 10 mins :D

• Like 2