Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

I think we just had a rumble of thunder here?

yes i just heard that too here! :D Thundersnow 2 days in a row. wow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Heavy shower when I left home leaving 1cm. Very disappointing overnight with no accumulation. A good couple of cm up at gildersome but none in Leeds centre. Doesn't feel that cold either.

Yeah I completely agree...doesn't feel that cold. Conditions on M1 North of Sheffield look abit tasty! I've got to get back to Leicestershire at lunchtime from Leeds...what r my chances do u all think?

hmmmm how long is this set to last in barnsley, kids have gone to school, but just wondering if they will be staying the full day :)

It's difficult to tell really. The clump of snowy precip over South Yorkshire right now expanded and affected a larger area than expected. If you play back the radar animation you can see it had rather humble beginnings over the Irish Sea. Any one of those showers over the Irish Sea right now could intensify and grow once it makes landfall.

Posted

Heavy heavy snow in Sheffield. Love the pics from Dronfield and i guess that representative of North Sheffield as well.

Looks like a streamer.

Sheffield is having a good winter. You know that when people chatter and say they have had enough now....i aint!

Is Sheffield the sweet swot again. We are refrerenced on the tele and radio and other regional threads....great!

I think we have about 7cms and building.

Posted

Hello to my friends on the wrong side of the Pennines, anyone in Barnsley able to give me a sit-rep? My dad apparently has to get there for work today. Don't think he's got much chance!

Snowing at present...main roads passable side roads bad...heavy traffic and Woodhead shut and M62 busy caused by an accident earllier.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

very heavy at the moment here in Penistone (north-west Sheffield)

Been at it for half hour, and things are coming to a standstill

NW has us only having snow now and again today, but MO have us showers/ heavy snow all day

post-9352-0-64661000-1422523191_thumb.jp

post-9352-0-92321300-1422523193_thumb.jp

ps: just starting to slow down a bit now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Well its unreal this morning here. Amazing though. Massive flakes and its increased the depth so much in the last hour. I have been out and 5 inches now. Still coming down thick!

Here are some pics form right now. I hope no one thinks im rubbing it in or anything, I just thought youd enjoy seeing them :)

post-19114-0-47773700-1422523361_thumb.jpost-19114-0-87066400-1422523362_thumb.jpost-19114-0-27845900-1422523364_thumb.jpost-19114-0-85082500-1422523365_thumb.j

:cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

Hello to my friends on the wrong side of the Pennines, anyone in Barnsley able to give me a sit-rep? My dad apparently has to get there for work today. Don't think he's got much chance!

see my pics of Peenistone (on the east side of the Woodhead Pass) can't imagine how it is up there!

very heavy at the moment here in Penistone (north-west Sheffield)

Been at it for half hour, and things are coming to a standstill

NW has us only having snow now and again today, but MO have us showers/ heavy snow all day

attachicon.gifDsc_0115.jpg

attachicon.gifDsc_0114.jpg

ps: just starting to slow down a bit now.

• Like 1

Posted

Guys do any of you live near queensbury, if so can you give me an update please? I am in the alps till tomo where we are in the middle of a 1.2metre dump :-)

Well its unreal this morning here. Amazing though. Massive flakes and its increased the depth so much in the last hour. I have been out and 5 inches now. Still coming down thick!

Here are some pics form right now. I hope no one thinks im rubbing it in or anything, I just thought youd enjoy seeing them :)

attachicon.gifIMAG0039.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG0040.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG0041.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG0042.jpg

:cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold:

Great pictures! Yeah somewhere between 5-6 inches here too. Absolutely pelting it down with snow now :)

Posted

Very jealous of South Yorkshire! Seems Sheffield is the sweet spot again. Unfortunately I'm just a few miles too far north. :(

Posted

Guys do any of you live near queensbury, if so can you give me an update please? I am in the alps till tomo where we are in the middle of a 1.2metre dump :-)

Ugh you dont desreve a reply ...Im not jealous or anything though  :D

Posted

Got friends in shelf who say they got a couple of inches

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Been snowing here all morning, occasionally very heavy (like now) We are under the Northern Streamer, which ends up dying around Leeds, but seems to be coming alive once it hits near here. Been this way now for 3 hours, and god knows when it will end.

7+cm on Bins when took bin out 45 mins ago but had more heavy stuff since then.

Guess school closures inc round here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Well here I am directly between the streamers.

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks baracus, likely bit more in queensbury, has all the snow melted from previous as i had 10-12 inches in queensbury when i left last saturday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Massive flakes here in sheffield and thundersnowing, saw lightning and very quickly heard the thunder. It'll pile up quickly if it carries on like this, probably the heaviest snow I've ever seen atm.