Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Not even any sleet?Great been back missed the snow talk on here last year it's been a long wait even if it's not what everyone hopes for is a great start to winter.Btw what happened to my fellow town member Paul m ?

East side of Rotherham is usually last place in region to see Snow, other side of town towards Sheffield is the place to be.

When driving that way to work the difference in conditions with just a few hundred ft higher can be like another world.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Dead duck I'm afraid still too warm this morning. Looks like the fail has also made netweathers servers fail as well. Too much water in the pipes.:)

Posted

Light snow between Pateley Bridge and home last night, A smidgen has settled here this morning - not enough to show white. 0 degrees at 7.00 a.m.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

yes another total fail, just like last Sunday night. Sigh! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Great covering in the dales can see it from the vale of york, I think for parts of south and West Yorkshire the temps were too high and the heavier precip never made it to north eastern parts, the yorkshire dales and parts of the Pennines had cold temps plus the heavier precip. http://www.ingleboroughwebcam.co.uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Very bad, 10 months since I saw snow, 20+ months since I seen settling snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

I wonder if our region will get any joy snow wise out of the band of precipitation that is currently moving south eastwards out of Cumbria?

The radar seems to suggest it is mainly sleet and snow away from the coast but knowing our luck so far this winter it will die out before it gets here!

Posted

Very bad, 10 months since I saw snow, 20+ months since I seen settling snow.

Yes Barry, i keep thinking the same. Its amazing when you think about it, even for the UK, especialy us further up north even more so!!!  Lets hope we get rewarded for our wait soon!!!

I wonder if our region will get any joy snow wise out of the band of precipitation that is currently moving south eastwards out of Cumbria?

The radar seems to suggest it is mainly sleet and snow away from the coast but knowing our luck so far this winter it will die out before it gets here!

Keeley just mentioned it on Look North, we may see a few flakes but its a weakening feature, so just keep an eye on the radar :)

Posted

Fantastic, crisp, clear, winters day here. Lovely :D The frost has never lifted all day.  Is a shame its an all to brief cold snap. Next week looks a little milder, with temps back up to 7-10. Booo!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

For an expected better winter we approach the half way point with no settled snow. Since 2000, only the December's of 2002, 2006 and 2013 can say that. 

Posted

Well this winter starts in the same vein as last winter finished, the snow doesn't come to me so I have to drive to it. Drove to Kettlewell in the Yorkshire Dales via Pateley Bridge and Grassington. Heres some pics..

10850376_10154972274880245_699521678_n.j

10859770_10154972274660245_1662933023_n.

10540889_10154972274430245_1379635950_n.

10841607_10154972273575245_312040720_n.j

10836572_10154972272565245_1831909450_n.

10863598_10154972272160245_738414120_n.j

10836572_10154972271600245_1890288319_n.

• Like 6

Posted

Cheers for the pics Vizzy, looks great :D I hope you had a fun time in those wintry scenes! Cant beat it! :D:cold:

• Like 1

Posted

well i guess winter is over, lol   temps forecast for here from wednesday are due to be in the low teens so time to switch the heating off and look forward to some spring like weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

well i guess winter is over, lol   temps forecast for here from wednesday are due to be in the low teens so time to switch the heating off and look forward to some spring like weather.

oh well, think of the money thats going to be saved on the heating bill haha

Posted

dont panic, its only a few mild(er) days then temps back down next Friday and weekend. It looks to continue like this for a while at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

No lying Snow since March 2013 here. Only deep FI offers any hope and that is unlikely to verify. Nearly half way through December and it's not looking good. Could end up a snow free year.

Posted

No lying Snow since March 2013 here. Only deep FI offers any hope and that is unlikely to verify. Nearly half way through December and it's not looking good. Could end up a snow free year.

None since Feb 13 here, the snow in March never made it past York. Hence the need to drive places to find snow, I reckon a snow free 2014 is very much on the cards. Hopefully 2015 will make amends!

Posted

morning all, well another snowless winter looking more and more likely as each day passes, theweatheroutlook 16 day forecast has nothing remotely wintry about it, so thats 1 third of winter down just 2 thirds to go, i have to admire to optomism on the model output thread though, lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, lightning, wind, frost, any extreme

Well as my local area as already seen quite a few frosts (more then last year already) I am very excited to see what winter as in store,! no snow yet but as we are only in the 3rd week of December that's nothing to worry about as there's still 3 FULL MONTHS left yet where we can easy see snow. So any posts writing off winter when it as only just started is just silly and only intended to wind people up imo! Well it certainly ain't working with me and I know as well as many others do nature will do what it will do but my personal feeling is we will get a very cold blocked snowey January and February.

Posted

yeah i agree lightningst, we cant write off winter yet, no where near! You only have to read posts from Tamara in the model thread and the good stuff in the strat thread to see things are totaly different this year and looking promising.

Im very confident January and February will deliver some snow to us all. Chin up sparky, things are only just about to begin....  :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

got to say i love the optimism, i am with you guys, winter has only just started, as it has been mentioned a few times, we have had much more seasonal weather already than what we did last year! no matter what the charts are showing at the moment, we all must keep in mind they can flip at the drop of a hat to show what we all want to see!

i do feel our winter cannot be as poor as the last one and i have already asked Santa to fetch me a new sledge for Xmas haha  :yahoo:

• Like 2