Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Actually I got a slushy 5cm briefly last winter before it quickly melted and this year I only managed about 4 which also melted quickly. At least it was actually cold for a reasonable time this winter :).

Are you sure ? We had a dusting of snow here alllll last winter, the worst in terms of snow for a long time but I hardly used any gas!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Are you sure ? We had a dusting of snow here alllll last winter, the worst in terms of snow for a long time but I hardly used any gas!

It was a slushy mess after a warm front.

Edited by Jonathan Lang

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Last few snow patches holding on in the shade here, last night was the coldest of the winter, I left for work at 6.30am and it was -4.4c at the time, and all the snowmelt from yesterday had frozen solid meaning the back roads were treacherous. Looks like this regional thread will go back into hibernation for a while, I've enjoyed the last few weeks even though It not exactly been the most exciting cold spell. Still time to go and hopefully we will be seeing this thread thriving again before Spring turns up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Yes vizzy. This morning was crazy. The car was actualy frozen shut! Had to try a few times to pull it open. Thick blobby ice everywhere. Was -3 at 8am. All the melt yesterday froze as you say and it was very ropey this morning!!

Still got some depth left here on the grass and piles next to the road. I was going to take some pics on Sunday to show it 10 days later, so if theres still some left then I will :)

Ive really enjoyed the last few weeks too, felt ive spoken to you and others a bit and started a friendship hopefully :) Lets hope the end of Feb and into March continues to hold promise!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Serious frost out there at the moment! Maybe I could just pretend it's a dusting of snow. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Think it'll be a bit quiet in here for a few days, hopefully winter's not done yet...just been looking at the record snowfall in Hokaido, Japan...6ft...!! wish the weather in the northern hemisphere went east to west then we'd get similar conditions every winter...

Posted

Yes vizzy. This morning was crazy. The car was actualy frozen shut! Had to try a few times to pull it open. Thick blobby ice everywhere. Was -3 at 8am. All the melt yesterday froze as you say and it was very ropey this morning!!

Still got some depth left here on the grass and piles next to the road. I was going to take some pics on Sunday to show it 10 days later, so if theres still some left then I will :)

Ive really enjoyed the last few weeks too, felt ive spoken to you and others a bit and started a friendship hopefully :) Lets hope the end of Feb and into March continues to hold promise!

Was in Sheffield the other day. Was surprised how much was still around (Fulwood). About 10cm on the grass with a little less on shaded paths. Hills still white over. Even on the main paths ice was still around. Its done well to hang around 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Todays been so miserable grey slate skies not cold not mild not anything really pretty non eventful nothingness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Well the weather is now boring lol stuck with high pressure in the wrong place :(

Posted

Been a good winter in Sheffield for snow. Living in the city at 150m weve had our fair share. Here we have had 17 snow lying days and the snow still covers half my neighbours back garden (not counting as snow days now as generally clear now). I would say we have had a total aggregate depth here of 18inches.

Others that are higher in the city will still be recording snow lying days even now i.e. up towards Lodge Moor and Fullwood. I did take a drive up there a few days ago and was surprised to the amount of snow. I think they will have have had an aggregate of 30 inches up there so far this season.

Conversley, my dad lives lower down in the city at 180 feet and there aggregate has been 10inches so it really has been height dependant and marginal.

In conversation many talk about this being a snowy winter in Sheffield. Ive enjoyed it and i shoudn't be talking like its the end given that its only the 1st week of Feb. Hoping for more for all.

Edited by farmans
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Not a bad winter would be fun if it wasn't for the lack of gritting. Plenty of snow on top still and this has remained despite a mild day with temps exceeding 9C. Still patches in the garden sticking two fingers up at the sun and mild temps.

Posted

Well the snow melt has been quick up here this weekend in the strong sun and warmer temps. Its still holding on though, just, in some places. Heres 2 pics i took a few hours ago. Still some cover on the northern facing grass areas and some big piles of snow still next to drives. Im now on snow mound watch lol to see how long the large piles can last!!

post-19114-0-79366800-1423421448_thumb.jpost-19114-0-36422700-1423421450_thumb.j

This week isnt looking too bad actualy, temps on the way down from the dizzy highs of today. Cooler tomorrow and then low single digits rest of week. Feeling like 0c all day Thursday as you can see. This is taken for my closest METO forecast, Ranmoor, at 200m ASL:

post-19114-0-34933000-1423421405_thumb.j

Maybe the mounds will last a while yet :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Hopefully those mounds will last you till April mate, still the odd patch round here but seems parts of the Wolds and especially the Moors are still keeping good cover. Temp dropping quickly here this evening under clear skies, we are only now 4 air frosts away from equaling last years so called "winter".

Posted

Strange how when i was out for a walk on the Nth bank of the River Humber yesterday that there was a chilly wind coming from due South...no sign of any real cold weather returning i guess...

Posted

Yeah i'm amazed at the persistence of some of these snow patches. All gone from my village, i think, although the next one up still had nearly full cover on north facing gardens (grass) yesterday morning. I imagine western Sheffield has even greater cover!

Edited by Mark Bayley

Posted

Nice frost this morning, gone by 10am though and a cloudless sky all day...really warm in the sun...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Still some Snow on the moors despite being mild and sunny. Still some in the back garden as well. Guess this snow took it's weetabix. Similar temps wiped out deeper snow in a few hours on news years eve here.

Posted

I see Turkey is set to get heavy snow during the next few days...dispair...!!

ha, yep its just ridiculous. Hard to watch Spain, Greece, France, Turkey etc all get heavy snow this week. All the places we go on our summer holidays are doing better than the UK!! Dispair is the word! :(