Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Really hoping tonight brings snow. 850 temps look ok from early evening onwards. The Met Office suggests settling snow above 100m but surely it'll settle on the places that still have snow left from last night?!

Edit - although the text forecast mentions snow throughout away from the coast. Such a confusing situation.

Edited by Cold Winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Snow all gone here on the coast, as soon as the wind turned NEly last night showers were sleet/rain with rapid thaw, temp up to 4degC at present...yesterday was so perfect too...hope those colder uppers come back...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Managed the giddy heights of 3℃ here dusting overnight has gone but see what transpires next 48hrs upside things are drying out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry

Good afternoon all,

Tomorrow, I need to travel from Leeds to Whitby for a funeral. I plan on going to Scarborough then up the A171 in the hope of avoiding the snowy routes from Pickering over the North York Moors in the event of any heavy showers hitting tonight.

Will this be the best way to go? Does the A171 tend to be less snowy? I've never gone this way before and don't know the area.

If anybody can advise  I would be very grateful.

Craig.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Light rain here...! just seen on Net that central London and south coast beaches woke up to a covering of snow this morning...!? what happened to the THI and coastal warmth there then...bet it shocked all the pensioners in Bournemouth...

Oh...and the eastern states of the US are getting hammered with snow...again...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Good afternoon all,

Tomorrow, I need to travel from Leeds to Whitby for a funeral. I plan on going to Scarborough then up the A171 in the hope of avoiding the snowy routes from Pickering over the North York Moors in the event of any heavy showers hitting tonight.

Will this be the best way to go? Does the A171 tend to be less snowy? I've never gone this way before and don't know the area.

If anybody can advise  I would be very grateful.

Craig.

Hi Craig - both roads can get tricky to be honest. It's probably best to listen to Radio York when you're on your way tomorrow to decide which is best. Both roads are open today and have been since quite early this morning I think without too many issues.

I guess it all depends on where any snow falls tonight, checking the radar might be useful too. 

Hope that's helpful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and dry

Hi Craig - both roads can get tricky to be honest. It's probably best to listen to Radio York when you're on your way tomorrow to decide which is best. Both roads are open today and have been since quite early this morning I think without too many issues.

I guess it all depends on where any snow falls tonight, checking the radar might be useful too. 

Hope that's helpful.

Thanks Cold,

I was fearing what you confirmed, about the A171 also being a tricky road. Radio York and Radar watching it will be.

Craig.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Updated Met Office forecast for tomorrow across Yorkshire looks pretty underwhelming;

Wednesday:

A good deal of cloud with further showers of rain or sleet at low levels, and snow on hills. A cold day, feeling especially so in a brisk wind. Maximum Temperature 3C.

For once, can we not just have some decent snow without all this marginal slushy tripe?!

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted

There's very little activity on the radar at the moment and the sky has cleared here now. That's probably a good thing for now as the few light showers we had today were all rain.

We reached 4.2C in the end, so there was a significant thaw of the slight covering we had.

Now down to 2.3C already so a 7th consecutive air frost looks quite possible.

Posted

Still a covering here but only in areas that were shaded. Pleased the dew and air temperatures are falling, currently around 3 degrees with dew temp of 1.5

Posted
Still a covering in Hull especially out of the sun even on some roofs - that's kinda impressed me !

Same here can see some clouds bubbling up to the north east wonder what there will bring? rain/sleet or snow probably all of the above.

Posted

Still some snow left around here despite the temp reaching 4.1c this afternoon. The temp is now 2.6c with the dew point at -0.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Temp 1.7c dew point -0.4c few patches of snow about still here in shaded areas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Clouded over here but nothing on radar.

Snow still lying here, and will do for some time looking at the model output.

y1SlrAF.jpg

Not holding out much hope for any fresh snow over the coming days (of the settling kind, anyway).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Rain in farnley leeds 110m asl

Temp 2.2℃ and -1℃ dew point so dont get Why Its raining :(

Edited by Aiden2012