Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Just seen carol kirkwood weather. Isn't it unbelievable that this is meant to be a very cold artic airmass but snow showers will be restricted for the hills with mostly sleet n rain. Even Max's at 4/5/6c.

Looks like once again the bbc over-rated this spell.

At this time of year we should be having sub-zero temps and plenty of snow from these charts but something's different!! (Not working right)

Posted

Just seen carol kirkwood weather. Isn't it unbelievable that this is meant to be a very cold artic airmass but snow showers will be restricted for the hills with mostly sleet n rain. Even Max's at 4/5/6c.

At this time of year we should be having sub-zero temps and plenty of snow from these charts but something's different!! (Not working right)

Agree,even with the snow we've had round here it's def not that cold outside at the moment,you'd think with a northerly it would be biting cold

Posted

Already up to 1.8C now in the sunshine and can hear the dreaded 'drip drip'. Its a shame temperatures are so unimpressive - a potent cold spell has been the missing piece of the puzzle this winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Uppers only -5 to -8c. At this time of year with the stronger sunlight colder uppers are needed to guarantee snowfall to low levels. NMM 2km reckons it will stay as snow, I reckon it will be snow inland with the heavier showers but the lighter ones and towards the coast could be a mix of rain/sleet.

Posted

The temp is 0.8c here with a slight thaw taking place. I can't complain though as last night was much better than i expected.

Posted

Up to 3.7C here now and rising rapidly, wouldn't be surprised to see 5C today at this rate.

Posted

Slight thaw here aswell, especially in the sun. Hoping for a top up tonight. Heres my garden this morning with its whopping 3.5 cm :p

10961640_10155210658780245_1740982622_n.

• Like 1

Posted

That small feature moving down ne Scotland will hopefully give us something this eve/tonight?!?!?!

Least it would fall at the right time lol.

Posted

That small feature moving down ne Scotland will hopefully give us something this eve/tonight?!?!?!

Least it would fall at the right time lol.

Potentially, it does seem to have inland as far as the Pennine's on the lastest NMM. Wouldn't take it as gospel but its worth keeping an eye on.

nmm_uk1-1-16-0.png?03-11

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Its a case of waiting and seeing isnt it. There have actualy just been two new/updated yellow warnings for snow for all our region. One for tonight and weds, and one for weds night into thursday. Perhaps the second one of those offers best hope:

'A wintry mix of sleet and snow showers are likely to extend inland across parts of eastern, southeastern and central England on Wednesday night into Thursday.  These are likely to lead to icy stretches on untreated surfaces. Localised snow accumulations of 1-3 cm are also possible but amounts of snow, as yet, remain uncertain, with many places probably missing the snow.'

There has been loads of unexpected snow down south these past few days, so theres a chance we could get something like that. Shall just have to keep checking the radar :)

Edited by Winter Cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Looks like more sleet and snow tonight. Probably rain/sleet along the coast and I think snow from around 10-15 miles inland. Again difficult to call which is probably why the forecasts are all over the place!

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like more sleet and snow tonight. Probably rain/sleet along the coast and I think snow from around 10-15 miles inland. Again difficult to call which is probably why the forecasts are all over the place!

In a warm sector currently, colder uppers arrive back just in time for the precip tonight. Last night it was snowing here at bang on 0c. Tonight I expect it be to be a bit more marginal, but that may work in our favour as thats when you get the big 50p flakes that settle easily and quickly. Tomorrow I think showers will turn more of a sleety mix to lower levels although still accumulations on the Howardian Hills, North York Moors and Yorkshire Wolds. Really hope I see a good smattering tonight as tomorrow onwards looks like a steady thaw as daytime maxes reach 4/5c.

Posted

light rain and rapid thaw now .....3.2 c ...disappointing really ( i would have hoped for a near ice day to maintain a good cover ! )

perhaps we get lucky again tonight with a repeat of those hefty snow showers coming off the coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Nmm looks good for later.....some promise.....

Looks good at face value, particularly at your elevation.  However, I would still be worried about the marginality aspect at low levels as per the Weather Warning out for tonight.  MILD SECTOR ALERT;

Weak frontal remnants coming southwards will bring a mixture of rain. sleet and snow showers accompanied by slightly less cold air, with rain more likely on exposed coasts.

Posted

I should also add for balance that Wednesday night into Thursday looks better for us temperature wise but then we have the issue of the showers being killed off by the high pressure pushing in from the West.

Oh well, (for what its worth) at least the EC32 dayer looks a little more promising with the potential for a Scandi High.  Lets hope our soon to be UK high is browsing the Swedish travel brochures as we speak!

Posted

Looks good at face value, particularly at your elevation.  However, I would still be worried about the marginality aspect at low levels as per the Weather Warning out for tonight.  MILD SECTOR ALERT;

Weak frontal remnants coming southwards will bring a mixture of rain. sleet and snow showers accompanied by slightly less cold air, with rain more likely on exposed coasts.

Only mild sector I can see on hi res NMM is the one passing by now, from 5pm -6c and below uppers come back in and remain untill Thursday.

• Like 1

Posted

Only mild sector I can see on hi res NMM is the one passing by now, from 5pm -6c and below uppers come back in and remain untill Thursday.

Yes I thought the wording of that Warning seemed odds with alot of the current model output.  :cc_confused:

The BBC forecast this morning was however adamant about any showers tomorrow being wet rather than white however, at least away from the hills.  So many conflicting signals!

Oh well, I suppose it is just a case of waiting and seeing what falls from the sky!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

There was a dusting of snow on Bournemouth beach this morning, so it should be snow here!