Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Been snowing here for an good hour an half now.

You must of got a decent covering by now. Moderate snow here now with big flakes. I would of been happy with a dusting tonight but there could be over an inch here soon :D:cold:

• Like 1

Posted

You must of got a decent covering by now. Moderate snow here now with big flakes. I would of been happy with a dusting tonight but there could be over an inch here soon :D:cold:

Yeah got an good covering stopped now and skies are clearing.

Posted

Got a good 2" inch here at a guess,maybe a tad more,we haven't really had a great deal more since 11 last night,seems we've been in the gaps,good to see the eastern side getting something

Posted

Nice to see the eastern side getting something.

This is why from an IMBY point of view, I hate northerlies :)

The PPN has to be very heavy to reach this far inland (right on the edge of the Peak District, by the Woodhead Pass)

I live in Town and went over Woodhead on Sunday...I love it where you get to the snowline, its always the same 6ft in Penistone and not a sniff for us Townies  :D

We do need the heavier showers but coould also do with that wind turning a bit more from the east. This mornings showers that look to be making it near to Sheffield are passing tantalizingly close.

Edited by tayzi

Posted

3-4 cm here on the fields , minor roads are tricky but main roads are fairly clear ....... Still snowing lightly at the moment with some graupel mixed in.

• Like 1

Posted

morning all, well a nice 2cm covering here this morning, not expecting to much more before the rain gets here this afternoon, temp dropped slightly now -1.1c dewpoint -1.9c humidity 94% with winds from the ne

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Morning. Well thats it for snow chances now I think, the forecast keeps getting downgraded and downgraded. Virtualy no chances for snow now for Sheffield tomorrow and that was supposed to be the best day with widespread heavy showers.

The models continue to show dull boring high pressure from the weekend with temps rising slowly so a slow agonising melt starting Friday and into the weekend. Next week looks crap too. Not a happy bunny this morning :(

Posted

No the Cold spell looks like coming to a boring end. But with cold not too far away anything can happen wouldn't write winter off yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Morning. Well thats it for snow chances now I think, the forecast keeps getting downgraded and downgraded. Virtualy no chances for snow now for Sheffield tomorrow and that was supposed to be the best day with widespread heavy showers.

The models continue to show dull boring high pressure from the weekend with temps rising slowly so a slow agonising melt starting Friday and into the weekend. Next week looks crap too. Not a happy bunny this morning :(

Yes I noticed that on the forecast this morning.

Snow showers dying out today. Maybe the odd one tonight but then RAIN showers tomorrow at low levels with just the odd bit of sleetiness mixed in. All a bit pathetic really.

Oh well, it is only 3 February so a change in our cold fortunes is still possible before winter is over.

Posted

Just in case you need an update...

Dusting at Strensall but 3 miles west at Wigginton nothing - and nothing at Linton.

Please please can we have some snow tonight in York! We must be the most snowless place in the North this winter.

Enough moaning great to see the east has got some snow at last.

Posted

It's definitely worth basing judgements more on models rather than forecasts... The BBC ones are worth sod all these days. They weren't even showing the snow which was falling at the same time as their forecasts last night.

The cold will still be in place, so never say never. Unforecast PPN is very possible in the coming days.

• Like 2

Posted

It's definitely worth basing judgements more on models rather than forecasts... The BBC ones are worth sod all these days. They weren't even showing the snow which was falling at the same time as their forecasts last night.

The cold will still be in place, so never say never. Unforecast PPN is very possible in the coming days.

Yes Saint I must admit after the past few weeks Im inclined to ignore the forecasts. Even the national and regional BBC forecasts say different, hope we get some nice surprises where it just comes unexpectedly...still need that wind just to move a tad more from the East for us in central areas.  

Posted

clouds now gone, wont be long till the sun gets to work and thaws the snow we have, been great to see but i fear that is all for this winter, with just over 3 weeks of winter left and not much positivity on the model thread, still no complaints here, compared to last winter this has been wonderful, frosty nights, colder temps, and 4 days of falling snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

We've had about 6cm here overnight, roads are slushy but driveable. People having difficulties over the A169 on the moors as you'd expect.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Glad to hear that you guys in the East are getting some long overdue snowfall.

It will be interesting to see given the latest BBC forecast of mainly rain showers at low levels tomorrow whether the warning out for snow tomorrow will be cancelled or vastly watered down by the Met Office later today.

Posted

Glad most have seen some snow now that had missed out previously. 

It's been nice to have some wintry weather and after a good dusting yesterday evening i was hopeful for the showers overnight. 

Whilst temp and dew point were favourable the showers just didn't want to hit. It seems everywhere within a 5 mile radius had some snowfall. 

Loads of cars heading in to town this morning with snow piled on the roofs!

The lack of showers did make for some really icy patches though. 

So a graupel dusting was about the extent of this cold spell (and the whole winter) as nothing but rain will fall now on the coast. 

Here's hoping for a good ord fashioned 24 hour Northerly toppler between now and end of March! I'd settle for that now!

Posted

Glad most have seen some snow now that had missed out previously. 

It's been nice to have some wintry weather and after a good dusting yesterday evening i was hopeful for the showers overnight. 

Whilst temp and dew point were favourable the showers just didn't want to hit. It seems everywhere within a 5 mile radius had some snowfall. 

Loads of cars heading in to town this morning with snow piled on the roofs!

The lack of showers did make for some really icy patches though. 

So a graupel dusting was about the extent of this cold spell (and the whole winter) as nothing but rain will fall now on the coast. 

Here's hoping for a good ord fashioned 24 hour Northerly toppler between now and end of March! I'd settle for that now!

Similar here. We've managed the first snowcover at 0900 of the winter but its barely 0.5cm as the majority of the showers missed us. Still its good to see something after almost 2 years.

Currently 0.2C so no sign of a thaw yet. Min last night was -0.6C.