Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Amazing...just checked out Met Office 'Snow' weather warning areas and on the E.Yorks coast there's a tiny gap between the 2, and guess where i live...yep, in the gap...!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Who's getting thundersnow again in Yorkshire? I'm just finished work in rainy windy Dijon and following all this - there are some sferics about out there! This is most unfair by the way - we had a thunderstorm shield here when everyone was getting humdingers in the autumn and now not a flake of snow in sight. Looks like great thundery activity for northern France later on - I guess there's no telling what I'll be coming back to on Saturday!

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Amazing...just checked out Met Office 'Snow' weather warning areas and on the E.Yorks coast there's a tiny gap between the 2, and guess where i live...yep, in the gap...!!!

I would worry about that mate, concentrate on Sunday/Monday. Thats your best shot -8/9c uppers running down the east coast bound to create some nice convection.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Heavy snow in Barnsley at the moment from the band heading south. Probably got 1-2cm in last 20 mins.

Posted
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale
  • Location: Settle in the Yorkshire Dales at 145m asl North Ribblesdale

Only a light covering here.

Great pictures Mark! Appropriately wintry  :D

A moderate snow shower passed over about 15 minutes ago. The sun came out but now it's snowing heavily.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

well interestingly the band died a lot as it reached here. The little bit behind is doing the same. Ill not be greedy though :p;)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes them showers are piling in now from the n/w, just in time to cause more school run and rush hour madness lol.

Posted

well interestingly the band died a lot as it reached here. The little bit behind is doing the same. Ill not be greedy though :p;)

Yes, the Pennines have got their act together :p . Still, can't complain!

Edit: Light snow, will add nothing though. Eyeing up that shower over Holmfirth, although the hills will most likely kill it  

Edited by Mark Bayley

good to read reports of heavy snow around Leeds. That band does look good on radar. Should catch us all as its country wide lol!

Been out clearing the snow but looking at radar and predictions tonight it might have been a waste of time haha!

You and me both! Driveway all clear now, and moved the car as well. In theory I should be fine now to travel to work tomorrow in north Sheffield. 

However, it's Friday tomorrow and a snow day today means I'm in the mood for another one, so I'm hoping the feature running down the West tonight will wind itself inland a bit and top us up :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Lordy...light hail/snow shower from that band off ppn...trying to settle but struggling...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Lordy...light hail/snow shower from that band off ppn...trying to settle but struggling...

you need to move inland :pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

We've had a few snow showers today hopefully do a bit better in the northerly still green here

Posted

Looks like that's it, for now (with the streamer pushing through Lincolnshire). Will we strike lucky tonight? The further west and south you are the better  

Posted

Heavy snow in Barnsley at the moment from the band heading south. Probably got 1-2cm in last 20 mins.

Enjoy!

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in Winter!

White out here! everything covered again after some melt today.

Posted

Thundersnow!!!

I knew someone was getting it, but Blitzortung is not precise enough to show exactly where - that's why I asked! Enjoy it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

When you look at the metO visible sat image you can see just how much cloud that little low ( NW Scotland) has now amassed around it (compared to the shower clouds). That's as lot of snow and high winds under the centre/cloud bands!!

I do see it coming near our region , some times I even think its bound for us!!!

http://oiswww.eumetsat.org/IPPS/html/MSG/RGB/AIRMASS/WESTERNEUROPE/IMAGESDisplay/Sz4IxnpeeT23O

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 1