Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

looking forward to seeing some good snow pics from the lucky people north of here, then i will have to stick them on my windows and pretend there is snow on the ground here, lol

Posted

he said that last week and i ended up with nearly 6 inches of snow!

He also said thesnow would die out through the morning when all models had it lasting all day. It lasted until like 3am the next day where I live lol. The guys an idiot.

• Like 2

Posted

Always amazes me how many weather presenters there are at BBC Look North.... although I think the weekend ones cover North West and other areas too.

Listing those I recall recently are:

Paul Hudson

Lisa Gallagher

Keeley Donovan

Kay Crewdson

Causer ????

Claire Nasir (ex GMTV luminous green bikini fitness DVD etc)

A Geordie woman

Balding older man

Is there a need for so many on the BBC payroll especially when the "local" weather is not that informative.  Would be good if they produced a longer local forecast that was posted online as the slots they have on the news bulletins are too short.

Posted

He also said thesnow would die out through the morning when all models had it lasting all day. It lasted until like 3am the next day where I live lol. The guys an idiot.

Waste of tax payers money if you ask me not just him personally but I always feel BBC weather doesn't seem interested in Yorkshire.May aswell just wipe us off the map!

Edited by Love Snow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

What's the likelihood of the cold front producing hail and thunder as it passes through?

Well i suppose its possible, its introducing a very unstable air mass. We could even see a squal line as its passing through so in those cases you could easily see hail and hear some thunder. Tomorrow is definately a radar watching day :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Hudson not worried about snow problems according to radio Leeds.Scattered shower's.His forecast is in 10 should be fun.

Posted

Hudson not worried about snow problems according to radio Leeds.Scattered shower's.His forecast is in 10 should be fun.

He used to be such a coldie and snow lover. Nowadays he just talks everything down. Perhaps hes been told to as was suggested earlier.

He needs to look at the warning though and the charts. Still lots of heavy showers showing and snow chances from tomorrow right through to next Tuesday probably, so thats a week of goodies :D:cold:

Edited by Winter Cold
  • Like 1

Posted

Charts are still showing snow showers packing in from the West tomorrow night... After his performance with last week's snow, I certainly wouldn't pay too much attention to Hudson.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

He used to be such a coldie and snow lover. Nowadays he just talks everything down. Perhaps hes been told to as was suggested earlier.

He needs to look at the warning though and the charts. Still lots of heavy showers showing and snow chances from tomorrow right through to next Tuesday probably, so thats a week of goodies :D:cold:

He was one of many caught out by a phantom easterly a couple of years ago.

Dazzlingly sunny and dry inland this weekend because it's a direct northerly.Obviously he does not see any disturbances.Covering overnight Thursday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Some awesome NMM precip charts for our region tomorrow night, here's just a few.

nmm_uk1-1-31-2.png?27-18nmm_uk1-1-34-2.png?27-18nmm_uk1-1-36-2.png?27-18

Western and central parts getting smashed and showers making it all the way to the east coast which is very rare.

Looking further ahead to the Northerly at the weekend, looks like eastern areas are then in the firing line with various troughs and bands of showers affecting central and eastern areas.

108-779UK.GIF?27-12

Not sure about you lot but I want today to bugger off and get to to tomorrow asap! Cant wait :)

Edited by vizzy2004
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

He was one of many caught out by a phantom easterly a couple of years ago.

Dazzlingly sunny and dry inland this weekend because it's a direct northerly.Obviously he does not see any disturbances.Covering overnight Thursday.

Seems to tie in with this;

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

Although bright with some sunshine, temperatures will remain low for this period. Occasional blustery sleet or snow showers are possible, especially over the Moors, with marked windchill also a factor.

These Met Office forecasts seemed way off the mark for last week's snow event though even just a few hours in advance!

Definitely radar and lamp post watching is the way forward from now on.

Just a bit dissapointed with that milder sector that is due to turn any snow to rain on Friday and into Saturday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Some awesome NMM precip charts for our region tomorrow night, here's just a few.

nmm_uk1-1-31-2.png?27-18nmm_uk1-1-34-2.png?27-18nmm_uk1-1-36-2.png?27-18

Western and central parts getting smashed and showers making it all the way to the east coast which is very rare.

Looking further ahead to the Northerly at the weekend, looks like eastern areas are then in the firing line with various troughs and bands of showers affecting central and eastern areas.

108-779UK.GIF?27-12

Not sure about you lot but I want today to bugger off and get to to tomorrow asap! Cant wait :)

Got a link to them please? :)

Posted

Yeah the region will do really well.

The EURO4 charts are indicative of widespread snow accumulaccumulations.

North West England looking to see a wintry mixture, places like Manchester seeing a covering at best. Which leads me too my next point, the snow *may* be wetter in nature across low lying areas so it's more a case of keeping the showers coming which they look to be.

post-8968-0-72436100-1422385571_thumb.gi

• Like 1

Posted

seems to be after tea time and into the evening then mainly when the action starts? I dont pay too much attention to BBC graphics but it shows mostly dry up until evening. That probably fair looking at the times on the charts above :)

Posted

seems to be after tea time and into the evening then mainly when the action starts? I dont pay too much attention to BBC graphics but it shows mostly dry up until evening. That probably fair looking at the times on the charts above :)

NMM has about 10cm of snow in Sheffield, put my postcode in, about 7miles further south and i have none :p. Not to be taken literally ofc however i can see it now that all showers are going to run west to east, but just to the north of me  :laugh:

Posted

Yeah the region will do really well.

The EURO4 charts are indicative of widespread snow accumulaccumulations.

North West England looking to see a wintry mixture, places like Manchester seeing a covering at best. Which leads me too my next point, the snow *may* be wetter in nature across low lying areas so it's more a case of keeping the showers coming which they look to be.

attachicon.gif15012912_2_2712.gif

and there was paul hudson saying scattered wintry showers sleet and snow! he annoys me so much lol if he says rain sleet and snow one more time im gonna snowball him :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

NMM has about 10cm of snow in Sheffield, put my postcode in, about 7miles further south and i have none :p. Not to be taken literally ofc however i can see it now that all showers are going to run west to east, but just to the north of me  :laugh:

haha I hope you dont miss out Mark! This is I think our best chance yet of all getting in on the snow action. Western areas to start with tomorrow night and Thursday and then eastern areas over the weekend.

However, if we do see some troughs or features develop then could all be in for some nice surprises. It certainly looks ripe Sunday and Monday for that to happen :)

Posted

and there was paul hudson saying scattered wintry showers sleet and snow! he annoys me so much lol if he says rain sleet and snow one more time im gonna snowball him :rofl:

Thing that annoyed me the most was not just his lack of passion (that he used to have in abundance) was all he could drone on about was 'a few showers towards the coast as the northerly sets in'... Completly failing to mention the main threat (wed night/thursday in any real detail. I'l say it again THE GUYS AN IDIOT  :laugh:

Edited by Harsh Climate
  • Like 1

Posted

Finally excited for this run. We've missed out on anything so far (except for a nice covering from a northerly heavy snow shower a week last Sunday). This time I think North Lincs is fully in the game. Lampost watching at the ready for tomorrow night  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I think Yorkshire is actually going to do better than areas further West on this, my sweet spots are first of all a few miles South of Huddersfield and then Sheffield is going to get marmalised.

• Like 2

Posted

Those latest NAE and NMM charts have STREAMERS written all over them, how each frame has the showers aligning snake like west to east. I feel some places will do very well (even right inland) whereas somewhere that doesn't get the focus of them could get a lot less snow (even a location in the west of our region.)

15012906_2712.gif

Edited by Harsh Climate