Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

well, I thought it would be all over, but someone's waving the magic atmosphere wand and making more PPN appear

still going - 22 hours later

Posted

Paul Hudson annoys me.

"snow on the hills, elsewhere drizzle, rain and sleet"

I was at 120m earlier and it was settling on the roads with a good 5cm on the paths. This is in the suburbs of Leeds not far from the centre.

• Like 1

Posted

Just got in from Leeds crikey have all the gritters gone to bed ? Lol a good 20cm lying on top of the wheelie bin here :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Well ive really enjoyed the last 24 hours. What a great day for us snow lovers :D its harly stopped in that time. A good deep covering now here.

RIght now, cant see a hand in front of you with fog, so looks like the commute tomorrow morning could be tricky with ice and visibility problems!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Paul Hudson annoys me.

I was at 120m earlier and it was settling on the roads with a good 5cm on the paths. This is in the suburbs of Leeds not far from the centre.

He is beyond hopeless - always sticking to 'rain and sleet to low levels' only for there to be widespread snow across West Yorkshire.

Posted

Paul Hudson annoys me.

At the moment on my way home in my area it's sleet at 66m snow at just under 100m

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Just got in from Leeds crikey have all the gritters gone to bed ? Lol a good 20cm lying on top of the wheelie bin here :-)

I don't think they gritt wheelie bins.  :D

• Like 1

Posted

Well ive really enjoyed the last 24 hours. What a great day for us snow lovers :D its harly stopped in that time. A good deep covering now here.

RIght now, cant see a hand in front of you with fog, so looks like the commute tomorrow morning could be tricky with ice and visibility problems!

Yep been a brill day apart from having to drive to and from work twice cos the schools closed have loved tonight's snow drive home without the traffic climbing 200m in 10 mins on deserted lanes :-) :-)
  • Like 1

Posted

He is beyond hopeless - always sticking to 'rain and sleet to low levels' only for there to be widespread snow across West Yorkshire.

He was probably meaning Rotherham.  :(

TBF Large areas of region have seen very little Snow, seems to be a line from Peak district through Sheff, Barnsley, Hudds up to Leeds Bradford areas, most of places east of these have seen at most a slight covering. 

Edited by Bradowl

Posted

Its a mixture of UHI and elevation. Closer to the city centre it's hovering between 80-100m the snow line.

The centre has seen quite a bit of falling snow. Struggling to settle at all mind but not drizzle and rain and the hills isn't 100m asl in the suburbs.

Posted

Hi Guys what a day, left home this morning with 10cm left over from saturday with an extra 2 cm through the night .. but wow today! Ive just measured between 27 and 30cm of level snow in the garden with approx 15cm fresh on cleared driveways from this morning! Think the met office were a mile off the mark and its still coming down steadily now!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 6ft snow or 30°C sunshine...

Still going in Skelmanthorpe too. Does seem to be pepping up a bit...

Posted

TBF Large areas of region have seen very little Snow, seems to be a line from Peak district through Sheff, Barnsley, Hudds up to Leeds Bradford areas, most of places east of these have seen at most a slight covering.

Also from Barnsley right through to Bently Doncaster have seen some heavy snow and that's not too high up I don't think and quite a larger area than had been suggested

Posted

Also from Barnsley right through to Bently Doncaster have seen some heavy snow and that's not too high up I don't think and quite a larger area than had been suggested

Its Snowed here for well over 12 hours but apart from a light covering this morning there's hardly any left. :nonono:  I was including places like east Yorks and Lincs.

I know parts of Lincs haven't had any because I've got family living down that way. 

Posted

yes it's a real shame it didnt happen slightly differently further East with more entrenched cold and we would have all have been right in the thick of it most of the heavy stuff fell in the Irish Sea yesterday

Posted

Evening all, roughly one foot of snow here approx 220m above sowerby bridge/triangle. It snowed very heavily from 9.30am till probably 1pm and then it snowed lightly till approx 4pm which is when it snowed heavily again. You need elevation for accumulation as in Sowerby bridge and nearby in Mirfield/Brighouse they barely have an inch whereas up here well we have buckets of it, and it's still snowing lightly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

True, but I'm at 86m ASL and we have a few cm - around 2-3 inches I'd say.

• Like 1

Posted

This reminds me of march 2013 in a lot of ways. The first day of the snow was much like today except less intense and settling less too. Then overnight the snow turned light and powdery and piled right up. It has turned powdery here now so I am getting excited about what may happen by morning!

It's better than march, we don't have the drifting but the depth is impressive! All the trees look amazing.

Posted

Crikey it's coming strong again I can't recall such a stalled front like that ever it's 24 hours now like a stuck record !

Posted

Its Snowed here for well over 12 hours but apart from a light covering this morning there's hardly any left. :nonono:  I was including places like east Yorks and Lincs.

I know parts of Lincs haven't had any because I've got family living down that way.

Amazing ! Look at the snow coming over Lincs now now on ths radar I never saw that coming and that chunk off the coast likes like it wants to come to the party brilliant !!