Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

You're lucky it fell as sleety rain here.

I'm literally above you, near to hubberton. The snow line is about 150m and I'm up above that with 3-4 inches of snow. I Walked up the tops close by today, up crow hill and along the moors.

Posted

Temperature just below freezing here with dew point of -1.7 so hopefully if or when the stuff hits here we might see our first snow flake for 22 months. The rain in the Hull area is a bit of a worry though. What are your thoughts on snow this week for East yorks and links? Bbc forecasts were very hard to work out.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

I'm literally above you, near to hubberton. The snow line is about 150m and I'm up above that with 3-4 inches of snow. I Walked up the tops close by today, up crow hill and along the moors.

I'm at 120m very annoying. I do have little patches of snow lying around but that's it. The hubberton bus goes directly past my house so i'm guessing its close then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

First proper flakes of the winter in Scunny!!!

I think you're just about the western limit looking at radar, as per usual I'll just miss out like last night.  :wallbash:

Edited by Bradowl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Got a little pathetic very light snow shower here but it is settling everywhere. Not quite a covering but enough to be visible.

Posted

0.7C and a dewpoint of 0.0C and we have...

Rain!

You have to laugh really.

I honestly thought the beeb had mucked up their forecast of rain at the coast. I could see the bank of cloud heading in. Temp was -0.1c. Dew point was -1. Nice frost on the ground.

The temp rocketed to nearly 2.0c in 10-15mins. Had a bit of sleetyness but mostly rain. 4.4mm so far.

Possibility of showers behind the main band being a bit more wintry.

I wont hold my breath!!

Posted

I honestly thought the beeb had mucked up their forecast of rain at the coast. I could see the bank of cloud heading in. Temp was -0.1c. Dew point was -1. Nice frost on the ground.

The temp rocketed to nearly 2.0c in 10-15mins. Had a bit of sleetyness but mostly rain. 4.4mm so far.

Possibility of showers behind the main band being a bit more wintry.

I wont hold my breath!!

The pre sleet conditions are what we currently have here. Road, grass and cars sparkling nicely. Perhaps missing out would be better if it means we will loose the cold frosty conditions.

Posted

I just can't see snow south of the M4 next tuesday/wednesday. Infact I can't see much low lying accumulations south of the midlands tbh. I think a lot of people are viewing the ECM with south snow tinted glasses on and are hopecasting more than anything..

Let's look at tuesday nights action first of all, the slider has a notable mild sector associated with it also in the south the precipitation isn't expected to be too heavy so any evaporative cooling will have little effect. I think transient snowfalls south of the midlands above around 300m..

Rtavn604.gif

Rtavn602.gif

Rtavn6017.gif

I think the second event that arrives wednesday night will be further north than the precipitation chart I have posted shows, but still temperatures a bit too marginal down south ALTHOUGH a little slushy covering is possible around the M4 corridor or just a little south as slightly colder air filters in behind the sliding low.

Rtavn844.gif

Rtavn8417.gif.

Here's how I see it.

post-4607-0-85444900-1421612623_thumb.jp

With a good 6-9 hours of persistant snowfall I expect 5-10cm in these areas above 50m, with upto 10-15cm above 300m. just away from the highlighted area perhaps 2-3cm.

post-4607-0-38969500-1421612634_thumb.jp

I expect generally 2-5cm in the highlighted areas, although above 200m in northern ireland due to the encroaching milder sector. 5-10cm above 300m generally. With perhaps 1-2cm just south of the main warning area. Wednesday nights event shouldn't be as long lasting and intense as wednesday nights event although down towards the south coast/central southern england could be issues with intense rainfall.

Edited by Harsh Climate
  • Like 4

Posted

This is my call over the coming few days guys. Not sure those down south will be too keen on it though ; ) :D

I just can't see snow south of the M4 next tuesday/wednesday. Infact I can't see much low lying accumulations south of the midlands tbh. I think a lot of people are viewing theECM with south snow tinted glasses on and are hopecasting more than anything..

Let's look at tuesday nights action first of all, the slider has a notable mild sector associated with it also in the south the precipitation isn't expected to be too heavy so any evaporative cooling will have little effect. I think transient snowfalls south of the midlands above around 300m..

Rtavn604.gif

Rtavn602.gif

Rtavn6017.gif

I think the second event that arrives wednesday night will be further north than the precipitation chart I have posted shows, but still temperatures a bit too marginal down south ALTHOUGH a little slushy covering is possible around the M4 corridor or just a little south as slightly colder air filters in behind the sliding low.

Rtavn844.gif

Rtavn8417.gif.

Here's how I see it.

post-4607-0-93557300-1421611443_thumb.jp

I expect 5-10cm in these areas above 50m, with upto 10-15cm above 300m. just away from the highlighted area perhaps 2-3cm.

post-4607-0-36325200-1421611822_thumb.jp

I expect generally 2-5cm in the highlighted areas, although above 200m in northern ireland due to the encroaching milder sector. 5-10cm above 300m generally. With perhaps 1-2cm just south of the main warning area.

Ill take that 15-25cm here would be magical..... Hehe â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

The pre sleet conditions are what we currently have here. Road, grass and cars sparkling nicely. Perhaps missing out would be better if it means we will loose the cold frosty conditions.

yeah I'm with you on that been a cracking cold sunny day here it's currently -2.0c and dew point -3.7c

Posted

Main band is half hour away from you

Posted

Just been in the lake district and thought I'd share some photos with you lot. Amazing time!post-1104-0-59675700-1421612587_thumb.pnpost-1104-0-15730000-1421612669_thumb.pnpost-1104-0-56674200-1421612713_thumb.pnpost-1104-0-73335300-1421612755_thumb.pnpost-1104-0-08618100-1421612788_thumb.pnpost-1104-0-94030500-1421612818_thumb.pn

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Snow here in Hull, first I've seen since March 2013 :)

• Like 4

Posted

evening guys and gals, well apart from a few chilly days i think this spell is going to be a snowless one for down here, certainly nothing in the forecast to get excited about.

Posted

Main band is half hour away from you

If it's snow bring it on, sleet or rain I'd rather miss out lol. You should do fine up in Caistor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

evening guys and gals, well apart from a few chilly days i think this spell is going to be a snowless one for down here, certainly nothing in the forecast to get excited about.

Looking at radar you could get a sprinkling later tonight.

Posted

Looking at radar you could get a sprinkling later tonight.

think it might be a bit to warm though, at 5.30 temp was -2c now it 0.5 so getting warmer, dew point -0.2 so all seems a bit to marginal, but hey, what will be will be, hoping to see some pics from those who do get a decent ammount

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Heavy snow in Beverley and we have a couple of cms on the ground. Radar still shows green but snowing it is. That said there seems to be a lot more behind this band as the direction of the flow seems to have changed a bit and now looks a bit like a streamer set-up.

Might be an interesting night.......

• Like 2