Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Yes even the BBC were stating cold..snow next week. They might look like amateurs now. UNLESS its a blip ( always an optimist) and normal service will resume. Keeping everything crossed.

Posted

Lots of twist and Turns yet lets enjoy the Cold spell first before we write it off!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

I see the wrist slashing has started in the Model thread!

Charts look fine this morning, and particularly for us here in Yorkshire we are looking at a cold week with some snow...much more seasonal than last year!

I certainly see no rain in the forecast...only wintry showers, accumulating snow and sharp frosts as per this outlook from the Met Office;

Regional forecast for Yorkshire & Humber

Cold, bright and less windy with a few wintry showers.

Today:

Locally frosty initially, but dry and bright for a time. Late morning, some briefly heavy wintry showers are likely to come through before becoming mainly dry and bright again during the afternoon. Some snow accumulations are likely over hills especially. Maximum Temperature 4C.

Tonight:

Cold and breezy overnight with mostly dry conditions in the east and clear spells. Occasional wintry showers in the west sometimes drifting eastwards. Some ice and frost patches developing. Minimum Temperature -3C.

Saturday:

Another cold day with sunshine and scattered wintry showers, more so than on Friday, some heavy with a risk of hail. Further snow accumulations likely over hills. Maximum Temperature 3C.

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Remaining cold with further wintry showers and sunny periods, showers mainly on Sunday then becoming mostly confined to coastal areas. Widespread overnight frosts, locally severe, with perhaps freezing fog patches.

And beyond that whilst there is some uncertainty as there always is. I see absolutely no evidence of any long draw South Westerlies to dampen our spirits.

Indeed, the 'disastrous' GFS run has night time temperatures heading down towards negative double digit figures for our region by next weekend.

Enjoy!

Edited by Kentish Snowman
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well if we are to see snow showers this weekend I would make the most of it. Because the gfs ECM and to a degree the ukmo are shocking this morning. Basically rain for most of us next week now. Milder temps by Wednesday. Guess here in uk though we all see great synoptics then it all gets watered down. Certainly a blink and miss it affair next week I'm afraid.

Seriously?? Don't take each run to heart, most of the comments on the mod thread are for down south. We should be fine for some snow here!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Seriously?? Don't take each run to heart, most of the comments on the mod thread are for down south. We should be fine for some snow here!!

yes I suppose your right. Maybe I should stay away from mod thread at moment. Be nice to see some snow. But I won't hold my breath.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

There's some nice showers piling in off the Irish sea now, look to be falling as snow in the nw. Give it an hour and it may be snowing in Yorkshire.

Posted
  • Location: Allerton Bywater, Castleford, West Yorkshire. 15m ASL

Well if we are to see snow showers this weekend I would make the most of it. Because the gfs ECM and to a degree the ukmo are shocking this morning. Basically rain for most of us next week now. Milder temps by Wednesday. Guess here in uk though we all see great synoptics then it all gets watered down. Certainly a blink and miss it affair next week I'm afraid.

Give it a break mate, have you ever got anything positive to say?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

jesus christ, the MOD thread is a poor read this morning, cant cope with the depression lol, mood swings again, they need to just take a step back, stop staying up all hours and chill out, im glad it still looks good for our region and i for one will be staying positive haha :) :)

Posted

jesus christ, the MOD thread is a poor read this morning, cant cope with the depression lol, mood swings again, they need to just take a step back, stop staying up all hours and chill out, im glad it still looks good for our region and i for one will be staying positive haha :) :)

Yes, I only bother reading posts from fergieweather and steve murr on the mod thread at the moment, the only two who know what there on about.

Looking good for yorkshire though. Over the next couple of days or so we are likely top be the focul point of organised showers over england.

NAE shows it up nicely:

15011612_1600.gif

15011800_1600.gif.

15011706_1600.gif

Just had a light sleet shower, as colder uppers dig in and showers become heavier I fully expect these to be all of snow later this afternoon with a covering in some places. Obviously the higher you are the better.

• Like 2

Posted

Yes, I only bother reading posts from fergieweather and steve murr on the mod thread at the moment, the only two who know what there on about.

Looking good for yorkshire though. Over the next couple of days or so we are likely top be the focul point of organised showers over england.

NAE shows it up nicely:

15011612_1600.gif

15011800_1600.gif.

15011706_1600.gif

Just had a light sleet shower, as colder uppers dig in and showers become heavier I fully expect these to be all of snow later this afternoon with a covering in some places. Obviously the higher you are the better.

It does look good for us in Yorkshire 

I am not surprised alot of people get confused in the "MOD" thread" so many different posts saying this will happen then others say this wont happen etc etc but alot don't back it up with charts and then when they say it isn't going to happen you find out it's for there area in the SOUTH! but us here in the north it's still game on and lots of exciting times ahead :) 

• Like 1

Posted

Got heavy sleet here at the minute in Rothwell full expecting snow later this afternoon.

Posted

haha Harsh Climate, i read fergieweathers posts, but understanding half of them is a different kettle of fish lol.

just keeping my fingers crossed that those pinks on them charts reach my location lol, but it so nice to see charts with pink for any parts of our region :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Has been Raining / Sleeting / and rarely snowing all morning here.

But has finally turned into proper snow with medium / big flakes!!!!!

Edited by cowdog

Posted

It does look good for us in Yorkshire 

I am not surprised alot of people get confused in the "MOD" thread" so many different posts saying this will happen then others say this wont happen etc etc but alot don't back it up with charts and then when they say it isn't going to happen you find out it's for there area in the SOUTH! but us here in the north it's still game on and lots of exciting times ahead :)

Good to see more of last winters crew back  :D .

Yes, anyone would think it was the 'southern model thread' if it ain't good for them they emediately make it sound like the charts are poor for everyone and throw their toys out of the pram lol. Beyond a circus in there now....

Off to get a new thermometer today, last one blew away the other day and is doing my head in not knowing the exact temperaure and how quickly it's coming down lol.

• Like 2

Posted

well i think we should take over the MOD thread with great posts about the norths prospects regarding snow potential, give them a taste of their own medicine lmao  :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

Heavy sleet just starting and sky looks very heavy !

• Like 1

Posted

sunny and dry here, but does seem to be clouding over 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Good to see more of last winters crew back  :D .

Yes, anyone would think it was the 'southern model thread' if it ain't good for them they emediately make it sound like the charts are poor for everyone and throw their toys out of the pram lol. Beyond a circus in there now....

Off to get a new thermometer today, last one blew away the other day and is doing my head in not knowing the exact temperaure and how quickly it's coming down lol.

They should have two threads, one for the north and one for the south.

• Like 1

Posted

Sleet/Snow in Wakefield now as well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Had a shower come through. Started as rain quickly turned to sleet and finally to snow with big fat flakes for a few minutes. Covering on hilltops only.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

sunny and dry here, but does seem to be clouding over 

It's coming :)

oooh some quite big flakes mixed in !

Posted

It's coming :)

oooh some quite big flakes mixed in !

i hope so lol, all who are getting it, please enjoy it and think about the snow starved south NOT lol :) :)