Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Southwest and Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lovely clear skies here at moment, 10c and a light NE Breeze. Rather pleasant. 

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 1.1k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

woohoo!.....heavy snow shower here, biiig flakes 

The southwest and cs thread is now back, ready for winter

Dark and generally a grotty day again today  10.7c   Nice to see the thread is open again though so lets look forward to the first month of winter proper and what we can expect to see on average...

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW BABY

It's been lovely all morning, sunshine and a chilly 9.5c

Really hope to see some ground frost soon, it's been too long!

Posted

This is more like it! A gentle ESE breeze and almost unbroken sunshine after low cloud gradually cleared through the morning, after a fresh start it's a pleasant 12.0c at present.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

It's been lovely all morning, sunshine and a chilly 9.5c

Really hope to see some ground frost soon, it's been too long!

Welcome to netweather MidnightSnow. I am your friendly regional host and should not be brave enough (like many others during this time of year) to enter the boiling cauldron, I will copy my latest thoughts from said thread below.

This was in response to one of our more seasoned contributors, John Holmes.

Thanks John, intriguing as this is taken from my post from three days ago and summarised the BBC News 10-day forecast which is presented on each evening, in that the weather presenter suggested either of the following scenarios were likely (see below).

For those wanting to know what might happen in our small patch of the globe in some six to seven days (FI probably as close as t+96 right now I'd suggest) tonight's 10-dayer from the Beeb hinted at two scenarios for next weekend.

• Firstly scenario one was where the omnipresent trough remained positioned a few hundred miles due West of Ireland with a blocking Euro HP cell over central parts of Europe. End result near average Temps and some largely dry conditions around for a few.

• Second scenario offered up at t+168 hours plus was a trough positioned due SW of the UK, more like over the Bay of Biscay area and the HP blocking due North of the UK between Greenland and Iceland - End result a potential Northeasterly flow from Scandinavia, yes please!

Should John's analyses be near the mark, we might well see a NH pattern resolution falling between the two in a few days time. I also hear what Old Met Man is saying in his thoughts longer term too, same general idea as me.

So somewhere in between is where we should reside as we head into the next seven to ten days then. The 6-15 day outlook from UKMO yesterday, also upgraded the coldies hopes slightly too, with a view to looking East much later in the month. Granted, the far SW will probably get effected by some further nuisance rain and towards the far NW they could see hill snow, much later into la la land. One constant theme remains though, stubborn block to our East transferring slowly NE and a stubborn trough close to Western parts, in time drifting towards Southwestern Europe perhaps. All of this is shown in conjunction with a far from rampant Jet and a relaxed PV which is under pressure for now. This could certainly lead to a fascinating pattern in a week or so's time for sure.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

This is more like it! A gentle ESE breeze and almost unbroken sunshine after low cloud gradually cleared through the morning, after a fresh start it's a pleasant 12.0c at present.

Blimey Andy, clear and sunny here rather joyously too. However, in my well sheltered location, the Temp is hovering around 8.4c now, so quite nippy in fact.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW BABY

Thank you gottolovethisweather. Let's hope for the second scenario :)

I've been a lurker for a while now and finally decided to sign up. I just have a feeling it's going to get interesting soon. :cold: :cold:

• Like 1
    Posted

Crazy mild at the moment have Cornflowers and Ammi flowering! 

I've been a lurker for a while now and finally decided to sign up. I just have a feeling it's going to get interesting soon. :cold: :cold:

Welcome to the forum MidnightSnow! :) Love the name!

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Overcast but dry this morning at 7.6C currently. Full data here:-

http://www.norton-ra...o.uk/index.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Broken Cloud. Weak sunny periods ..10.1c. Dry. No rainfall yesterday.

Posted

Welcome to NW, and in particular to the folks out south & west.

We would never see you around here, as they turn the street lights off @11:30, oh well , welcome  & enjoy....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lovely afternoon here in the shire, unbroken sunshine with some high level cloud to the East.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, T-storms, Heavy Rain, Heat, Cold - Love it all.

Not a bad day, mostly cloudy but some sunny spells at times. Temp peaked at 13.4°C

Here's a couple of vids I took while fishing at Durlston in Swanage. Although it was calm on Saturday, a swell stopped us from getting down to the rocks to fish, we had to retreat to the higher ledges.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Has come over rather dark in the last two hours (besides the sun getting lower) and have had rain for the last hour. In fact I wasn't expecting the rain to be so dynamic this afternoon; it's been pretty intense for the last ten minutes and it looks like a core of torrential rain heading up the Bristol Channel at present.

Posted

Maxed out at 11.4c At 13:41..... Only a few spots of rain.. 9.9c...

Posted

Not a bad day, mostly cloudy but some sunny spells at times. Temp peaked at 13.4°C

Here's a couple of vids I took while fishing at Durlston in Swanage. Although it was calm on Saturday, a swell stopped us from getting down to the rocks to fish, we had to retreat to the higher ledges.

Most disappointing - I thought this would have been a video showing 8 pounders being landed in the surf! Did you get anything?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow.Thunder Storms

Hate this time of the Year, waiting for the Weather to 'sort it's self out'.......come on!!!!....... :crazy: I would love some Snow  next Month.......Just a bit....Pleeease!!

Posted

Cant add anything at the moment \s my outdoor sensor has thrown it's life in the bin, and decided to reduce it's transmission range to about 10ft (tried reset & new batteries at both ends).

Hope to back next week.

Meanwhile a drop of rain overnight  has left damp surfaces this morning, with a cool 9C.

• Like 1
    Posted

Not a bad start to the day here and despite the prospect of days of cloudy weather forecast for much of this week we have had a reasonable amount of sunshine at times and this morning despite a generally cloudy forecast loks brighter than expected. Currently 6.9C (the minimum all night). Full Data here:-

http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/index.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Gales, T-storms, Heavy Rain, Heat, Cold - Love it all.

Morning. Mainly cloudy again, currently 10°C on the nose.

Posted

Not a bad start to the day here and despite the prospect of days of cloudy weather forecast for much of this week we have had a reasonable amount of sunshine at times and this morning despite a generally cloudy forecast loks brighter than expected. Currently 6.9C (the minimum all night). Full Data here:-

I totally concur Gibby, it has been a stunning morning to be out working under almost clear blue skies with a very balmy feel to the air. In fact it's only clouding over now.

Posted

Was a good dry day again today, Overcast now with some mist on the hills.  8.8c. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A very usable day despite being cloudy and dull for most of it,bar a few interludes of brightness early afternoon. Felt chilly and quite seasonal despite a maximum of 9C.

Posted

LIGHT RAIN FALLING.. Humidity  92%rh.   temperature 6.5c.

Posted

A grey and overcast start with some light rain falling. Currently feeling chilly at 6.9C. Full data here:-