• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

woohoo!.....heavy snow shower here, biiig flakes 

The southwest and cs thread is now back, ready for winter

Dark and generally a grotty day again today  10.7c   Nice to see the thread is open again though so lets look forward to the first month of winter proper and what we can expect to see on average...

Posted Images

Some good model watching coming up over the coming days â˜

so it seems, something is brewing!!!

fromey

Rapid temperature changes here too today, from less than 5c at 09.00 to 11.3c max by 11.00 then a quick drop after 14.00 as a NE breeze picked up and something of a squall line blew through, down to 5.4c now.

Interesting there fromey!

It's just been going up here. Notice the weird dip and rise in humidity too?

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-01-03-15-45-38.png

yeah, after a squawl line went through the winds changed around to a N/E and the temp dropped like a stone,currenly holding at 5.4c

Hi All.

Our Icicle Balloon meet was held this weekend near Hungerford this weekend, unfortunately Saturday was a no-go with Heavy Rain followed by breezy from the North. Sunday morning saw conditions improve with winds dropping light, with a  thick frost (-3c on the field), though Mist/Fog/Low cloud lingered well into the morning, so 9 balloons tethered, and 2 did eventually fly into the next field after the viability improved somewhat.

All pictures uploaded here- https://www.facebook.com/markneal94/media_set?set=a.10152987102195816.1073741873.533880815&type=1 

post-15543-0-60246400-1420460159_thumb.j post-15543-0-62610200-1420460171_thumb.jpost-15543-0-15074800-1420460182_thumb.j

Edited by Mark N
  • Like 3

You've seriously got Tarantulas?  What fun, I'd often thought about getting one or two in the past, but thought it might be a tad difficult to find someone to look after them when I'm away!

Much breezier here now with the beginning of the clearance from the west.  11.4mm to 09.00 and temp now at 12.8°C

I have 15 Tarantulas, and 2 of them are rare species, as for looking after them when you go away, they can be left for about 3 to 4 weeks, just ensure they have adequate water. They only eat once a month anyway, similar to there wild environment.

Anyway back to the weather, it is mild here, but overcast, even got my back door open to let the dogs come and go :)

It's been horrible here since early Saturday morning :angry:

I'm sure earlier forecasts suggested that yesterday was going to be a nice day. It didn't happen anyway, so a New Forest walk turned into clearing the garage out. Had to cheer myself by going to the tip.

Thank you, Cyclonic.  If I'm ever over on the IOW again, I'll let you know and maybe I could come and see them?

Boringly dreary again today, but at least we've not had any of the forecast 'light' showers, just umpteen shades of grey.

Started at 7.4 at 09.00, went up to 9.8 at some point before 11.15 when it was back down to 8.4.  Breezy too now and feeling chilly.