Southwest and Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Perfect winter day here today, everything thick with white this morning but without the cumbersomeness of snow then crystal clear skies all day! Minimum of -5.5C last night and a high of 02.2C this afternoon. Lovely! Back to November weather come the New Year.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

woohoo!.....heavy snow shower here, biiig flakes 

The southwest and cs thread is now back, ready for winter

Dark and generally a grotty day again today  10.7c   Nice to see the thread is open again though so lets look forward to the first month of winter proper and what we can expect to see on average...

Posted Images

Fantastic to have such high pressure and low temps. The first time in ages that it has stayed frosty in the shade since winter 2011/2012!! Looking forward to it being the same through until Wednesday and hoping it then doesn't become like last winter!

Noted the forecast is NOT for lower temps tonight but warmer than last night.

Here the temperature fall has ceased and it has stabilised @ 1.4C.

Wind has swung slightly to the NNE, from NNW as of most of the day.

I am hoping for a warmer night tonight than last night as I am still without heating.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Noted the forecast is NOT for lower temps tonight but warmer than last night.

Here the temperature fall has ceased and it has stabilised @ 1.4C.

Wind has swung slightly to the NNE, from NNW as of most of the day.

I am hoping for a warmer night tonight than last night as I am still without heating.

Maybe not around the coastal fringes but the national referred to it being colder in central southern areas.

• Like 2

Forecasters suggest  -3oC here tonight, whereas Benson, some 12 miles north westwards, the forecasters are suggesting -7oC again following a -7.6oC last night! Brrrr! :cold:

Only down to -1.7C so far, said it was warmer tonight, as the fog begins to form, humidity levels increasing since early evening, as the wind has veered to the warmer SE, bringing in the onshore moisture and warmer air.

Edited by Dorsetbred

-4.7c now, falling about 0.7c per hour, but it's also really foggy (freezing), so more in the way of ice deposits on trees, extra moisture may slow down the temp reduction, so who knows, maybe or maybe not. be lower than the -6.9c last night!

Mulls/Nights K - what's your current temp?

-4.8°C don't think it will end up as cold as last night!

Fog forming now, could be a intresting drive to work tomorrow morning.

Edited by tomjwlx

-4.9c here now, similar to though just behind the temp at the same time last night.

Actually just dropped to -5.1c which is the same as reached by now last night

Edited by Evening thunder

Seems to be hovering around the same mark here. I'm sure it'll drop a bit more by morning but I don't expect it to get below -3.9C

Also, had 1044mb pressure reading earlier. Impressive!

post-15177-0-65507200-1419896318_thumb.p