Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest and Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

-2c at Culdrose I see right now so must be near 0c across much of the Lizard too! Pretty cold that for this area! Not often it drops below 0c. Toasty 7c at the Scilly Isles though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Morning-5c this morning lovely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Very cold morning this morning with -7.1 achieved at home and driving to bristol temperatures were widely down to -5 or -6.

I find it interested that on bbc weather for region if you scroll through time slots temperature drops to -2 and -3c on map widely at 6pm and then doesn't lower for the rest of the night? surely it will drop much further than that?

Edited by Nights King
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Coldest and frostiest night in 2 years! Some places on the IOW reached -5'c wehre alot of others averaged between -2 / -4'c, woke up this morning to pure frost and ICE everywhere, looked amazing! and looks like the same tonight!

• Like 2

Posted

-5.2C overnight, and given we have no boiler it's managed to drop to a cool 9C in the warmest part of the house but much lower in the coldest room, where we have ice on the inside of the windows. Here's hoping it either warms up, OR the boiler gets fixed sometime soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

What a perfect winters morning we've had here, cold and frosty, it's the next best thing to having snow on the ground.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The Netatmo station(1.5m above ground) managed to get down to -3.9C while the Davis (4m above ground) got down to -4.3C

Currently sunny, 2.5C & still frosty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: frosty, lots of snow and good ol fashion thunderstorms.

I hope everyone had a lovely christmas. The temp here at 8:30 this morning was -5.5 now at -1.3c.

looking out across through tress onto fields looks stunning. Much to the cats disgust as she struggled to dig her part of the garden early this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

temp down to minus 4c at 8 am this morning ,milk delivered about 5 am ,tops of milk frozen ,brilliant landscape just as sun was rising ,enjoy the frost as the atlantic is ganging up on us ,but i will only trust charts out to 7 days at best ,to me it looks stormy past next week with some powerfull atlantic lows lets hope they get modelled further south on tonights model runs .cheers gang . :smiliz21:

Posted

Stunning outside today, hovering just below freezing still at -1.1c I expect it will aproach 0 - +1c before it plummets again  :w00t:

Further to my previous comment about predicted temperatures tonight I noticed the national says temperatures for west country could be as low as -8 tonight which sounds closer to the mark  :friends:

Edited by Nights King

Posted

I've just noticed, I've broken my record for the highest pressure. Previously, February 2012 1042mb, right now it is at 1043.1mb.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

Absolute cracking crisp, sunny winters day out thre, little light northerly wind but not too much! Cant wait for tonights frost!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

That was a bitter cycle ride into work this morning, temp was -5c at home went up to -1c when I gained height then when I dropped down into Wick from Cold Ashton round-a-bout (in car) it dropped again to -6c and was then the same on my cycle ride into work. Thats the coldest I have seen in a few years, wondering what it may drop to tonight.

Posted

So then the fall in temperatures have begun, unfortenatly thc losest places i can use for temperatures here is Newchurch and Wroxall, an dthey are both at 4.2'c after a high of 4.9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

perhaps we should have a sweep stake on the lowest temperature recorded in our area tonight  :cold:

I will hazard a guess at -9c somewhere in Wiltshire.

Posted

perhaps we should have a sweep stake on the lowest temperature recorded in our area tonight  :cold:

I will hazard a guess at -9c somewhere in Wiltshire.

Hmm I think somewhere on levels or yeovil area could see a -10 maybe?

I'm hoping to achieve a -8 here tonight myself. -1.3c and falling, its going to be a chilly one thats for sure.

Posted

Temperatures are a degree higher than they were this time yesterday, here.

I don't think they'll go as low as this morning.

Posted

Temperatures are a degree higher than they were this time yesterday, here.

I don't think they'll go as low as this morning.

Its crystal clear with no wind and a hard frost on much of the ground from last night so there will be less latent heat from freezing most surfaces, unless it clouds over I don't see how it will be warmer?  bbc forecast -8c for prone areas in south and west too.

Posted

Accidentally posted this in the SE thread this morning but had a minimum of -6.7c here.

Was a bit chilly, but gloriously sunny. Max was 4.9c however some patches of frost remained all day in shaded areas.

Already below freezing here now at -0.9c.

The Met Office forecast (both local town and text) are a touch warmer for tonight. The 850's are warmer and the flow (at least above the surface) turns more westerly then southerly. Not sure how much difference that will make but could be slightly less cold especially for some of the higher ground and around southwestern coasts. Some places could get colder though, not sure. Certainly another very cold night coming up at any rate.

Edited by Evening thunder