Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest and Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Beautiful day here with pretty much wall to wall sunshine after the back edge of the front cleared around 9am.

Absolutely chucking it down outside now though, really loud on the roof.

Posted

Much cooler last night, down to 5.0C and bright sunshine this morning. Can see some cbs to the southwest so will be interesting to see what happens as the day progresses.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

11.1°C and sunny. It's lovely and calm too, off spinning down Durlston (Swanage) in a few hours, bass are rife at the moment.

Yesterday's rain bumped up just before midnight, when the heavens opened while I was at the pub. 8.4mm before, 4.1mm just after midnight.

64.8mm this week..

post-15177-0-25931200-1416049183_thumb.j

143.7mm for the month..

post-15177-0-26604700-1416049254_thumb.j

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hello...........

Goodbye.....

*Just popping my head in here and I'm glad to see one or two of the regulars about the place. The Hello-Goodbye reference was to banish our thoughts of 2013/2104 once and for good. But and there's always a BUT (Kim Kardashian :closedeyes: ) the likely chance of seeing any snowflakes during this November are very remote, they aren't there just yet not even on Mulls hill.  :rofl: I'll be back with a forecast sometime soon should something change, in the meanwhile enjoy yourselves.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

Oddly, it keeps fogging over then clearing then fogging over again so the temperature hasn't yet risen into double figures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

It was pleasantly warm here earlier in the sun ,it then clouded over and went quiet chilly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Sunny in Gloucester first thing, then we hit the fog while walking up around Cowley mid morning. Back in Glos and a mix of sun and cloud, though more the latter. Pleasantly mild though and not raining for a change!

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Hoping that Mapantz had the same weather at his end of Dorset as I had on the Jurassic coast.  Warm, dry and sunny for mid November.

post-8165-0-86738300-1416068069_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

It was glorious blue sky and sunshine in Wareham this morning. We decided to walk to Houns -Tout, just out side of Kingston. At about one o'clock the clouds quickly darkened and within minutes we saw what appeared to be a funnel cloud forming travelling along the coast line towards Kimmeridge. We were too far back to see any twisting motion but the cloud split into two and dropped quickly. The funnel never hit the sea but remained in limbo forming the same funnel clouds for at least 20 mins. During this time there was cloud to cloud lightning and a forceful hailstorm. Never had so much weather FUN!! :) What puzzled me was that before and during the storm there was absolutely no wind at ground level. Cant show you the photos of the the funnel cloud as they have come out blurry.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

It was glorious blue sky and sunshine in Wareham this morning. We decided to walk to Houns -Tout, just out side of Kingston. At about one o'clock the clouds quickly darkened and within minutes we saw what appeared to be a funnel cloud forming travelling along the coast line towards Kimmeridge. We were too far back to see any twisting motion but the cloud split into two and dropped quickly. The funnel never hit the sea but remained in limbo forming the same funnel clouds for at least 20 mins. During this time there was cloud to cloud lightning and a forceful hailstorm. Never had so much weather FUN!! :)

That probably provided Mapantz with his 100th (slight exaggeration) Thunder day of the year. Admittedly it has been a Thundery ole year, thanks in part to the globally warm picture overall no doubt. Now, what will Winter bring?

This....

SKiUK4.jpg

Or just another opportunity for this?

pippa-i-DO-NOT-REU_2824957b.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Yay, the more regional regionals are back. Must be that time of year again.

Wonder what sort of Rollecoaster we will be riding this year?!

Anyway, for now I'm still saving on my heating. Not even an air frost IMBY so far. Still got my Poundland De-Icer from last year too. lol.

Dry, cloudy and mild sums up today. I recommend the German Market in Bristol though, brilliant sausages.

• Like 2

Posted

Torrential downpour at home has given 13mm in the last 25 mins or so, with 19.0mm since 6:20pm and rapidly rising (recorded on a slightly under-reading Davis VP2), 

Edit: over 17mm in the last hour, 25mm today. 

Parents just texted to say the stream is flooded across the road and is in the front garden, did warn them it might though (that's higher than it got last winter). The interesting stuff always happens when I'm not home!

rain.png

raint.png

(These figures are likely to be a slight under-read too).

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted

4 months of West Country company on the net - luverly!

Blackthorn stocked up!

Got a feelin' that it's gonna be a good 'un!

• Like 3

Posted

4 months of West Country company on the net - luverly!

Blackthorn stocked up!

Got a feelin' that it's gonna be a good 'un!

Lets hope it is not a sloe burner this time around. :crazy: Oh, wrong Blackthorn of course. As for Winter, I have always favoured an early dose of cold and a warmer/near average Temps into the second half to Winter, time will tell but I think some very large falls of snow (widespread over the UK?) are possible amongst a mixed Winter overall.

Posted

Here are my more immediate thoughts as we head into the final third of November.

As taken from the MOD thread.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81842-model-output-discussion-1200-hrs-151114/?p=3070476

Posted

Err I have just seen a forecast for the first time since Friday. When did tomorrow go from being dry/benign to wet? Not good when you have outdoor work to plan!

Posted

Err I have just seen a forecast for the first time since Friday. When did tomorrow go from being dry/benign to wet? Not good when you have outdoor work to plan!

Yes, forecasting even some three to four days ahead is a volatile business right now, see my post above. To my experienced (well hopefully) eyes and ears, this all spells PATTERN CHANGE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Grey and overcast ut dry at the moment. Typical November really. Full data here:-

http://www.norton-ra...o.uk/index.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

There's been a notable lack of deep autumnal depressions this year.

We've had a bit of rain, but nothing to windy or stormy.

With surface pressure likely to rise in the coming weeks I can't see this changing anytime soon. A mild and relatively benign Autumn really.

Lots of excitement in the mad thread about some mega easterly invasion to end the month. Worth bearing in mind that Europe as a whole have had an exceptionally warm Autumn so far so I would advise against expecting a quick slide into winter.

It's a bit like a delayed train this year. It's coming but there are obstacles in the way to prevent it running smoothly. I have however brought myself a new fleece. I don't like spending money on necessaties so something in me must be telling me something.

This morning, well, foggy damp and dreary sums it up.

Posted

Damp, nay, wet start today as the bands of rain move west, after night full of rain. So far I'm at 170mm of rain with just under half of the month to go, and people comment you can't have two bad winters like last year in a row. It's wet out there.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The damp grey horrid weather continues but at least we have got rid of the awful thick fog that we had all day yesterday, nearly drove into the hedge trying to find a junction last night it was so thick. :angry:

Feels wintry even if not cold at 9.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I got rather drunk last night, rolled in around 3am- it was dry. I've just woke up (lol) to hear that co-op got flooded again, 27.8mm fell this morning. 19.4mm in an under an hour. I'm not sure in what space of time that fell, as I have no way of checking after a certain time period, but it must have been quick, as I had a 158mm/hr rain rate.

The radar rainfall accumulation map is way out, which is odd, as I have three gauges reporting the same.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Hello, nice to see the thread back again, let's hope there's plenty to keep us all happy.

I'm getting in the mood watching alpine skiing from Levi!!!â„ï¸â›„ï¸

• Like 1