Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest and Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Interesting few days coming up, looks like a wild week of weather. Tuesday night into Wednesday morning will be interesting, for most could be first snowflakes since march 2013. Nothing to lose, come on!

Posted

Mornin' all, a sign of the week to come, tad breezy this morning.

Currently 9.5C and gusting 47mph with a steady 26mph in the harbour.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Something to cheer up some of our constituents;

post-12721-0-10656500-1421049318_thumb.j

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy. Breezy. Gusts to 22 km/h.

Temperature 9.4c. Humidity 83%rh.

Pressure  997.4 hpa.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'm just on the boundary, going to be marginal but those events can reap great rewards!

Posted

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Ooo that looks very interesting, a very interesting week to come me thinks weather wise!

For the 15th does look like it's going to be over 100+kph gusts for our area's in the south west!

nmmuk-11-72-0.png?12-06

Lot's of fun and games to come me thinks! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

After reading a couple of last night's posts and wondering how anyone could be down about something that hasn't even happened yet bemused me. I then read AWD's update amongst others and of Ian F's confidence in his more immediate forecast for most parts SW and simply wondered whether you lot thought you lived in London or somewhere.  :D  :nonono:

Hail, Thunder, Rain, Sleet, Snow, Waterspouts/Tornadoes (low risk?), Squalls, Storm Force gusts of wind maybe even higher all likely this week in the SOUTHWEST OF ENGLAND.

Granted, my patch might struggle for the holy grail of those beautiful white crystals but I'd suspect the local downs will cop some, albeit of transient nature before it is washed away during Wednesday so I can always pop up there.

Enjoy it, might be all we get this side of January, who knows for sure, but with FI also only sitting at t+96 hours or thereabouts, other pleasantries might pop up during shorter timeframes. Thinking secondary depressions and Channel Lows here but let's not get ahead of ourselves, here's to Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday morning.  :cold:

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 2

Posted

Could we get a replay of the Feb 2009 Bristol Channel streamer?? Euro4 looking good for some.

Edit: Euro4 6Z plays with a slightly different iteration of the dispersal of the ppn, favouring higher ground in South Wales, Cotswolds through West Midlands and Exmoor. Who knows where it will lie cometh the hour.

15011400_1206.gif

Edited by kumquat
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Blimey, Is that what I.F forecast?

After reading a couple of last night's posts and wondering how anyone could be down about something that hasn't even happened yet bemused me. I then read AWD's update amongst others and of Ian F's confidence in his more immediate forecast for most parts SW and simply wondered whether you lot thought you lived in London or somewhere.  :D  :nonono:

Hail, Thunder, Rain, Sleet, Snow, Waterspouts/Tornadoes (low risk?), Squalls, Storm Force gusts of wind maybe even higher all likely this week in the SOUTHWEST OF ENGLAND.

Granted, my patch might struggle for the holy grail of those beautiful white crystals but I'd suspect the local downs will cop some, albeit of transient nature before it is washed away during Wednesday so I can always pop up there.

Enjoy it, might be all we get this side of January, who knows for sure, but with FI also only sitting at t+96 hours or thereabouts, other pleasantries might pop up during shorter timeframes. Thinking secondary depressions and Channel Lows here but let's not get ahead of ourselves, here's to Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday morning.  :cold:

Posted

Could we get a replay of the Feb 2009 Bristol Channel streamer?? Euro4 looking good for some.

Edit: Euro4 6Z plays with a slightly different iteration of the dispersal of the ppn, favouring higher ground in South Wales, Cotswolds through West Midlands and Exmoor. Who knows where it will lie cometh the hour.

15011400_1206.gif

Latest EURO4 giving 5-10 cms over moors and more generally between Somerset and Oxfordshire (even 20cm on highest parts of Exmoor). Didn't see this coming a few days ago!

15011406_1206.gif

The following would also suggest northern areas of Wiltshire and Hampshire are also at risk

15011406_1206.gif

Given such timescales, nowhere in the region apart from right on the coast seems safe just yet

• Like 2

Posted

Odd, Nothing on bbc website apart from rain and warnings of rain and wind.  Unless i missed it on there site!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Latest EURO4 giving 5-10 cms over moors and more generally between Somerset and Oxfordshire (even 20cm on highest parts of Exmoor). Didn't see this coming a few days ago!

15011406_1206.gif

The following would also suggest northern areas of Wiltshire and Hampshire are also at risk

15011406_1206.gif

Given such timescales, nowhere in the region apart from right on the coast seems safe just yet

I'm liking the look of that I must admit!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Odd, Nothing on bbc website apart from rain and warnings of rain and wind.  Unless i missed it on there site!

No both forecasts online don't mention much snow for our region?

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Meto have updated their warnings to include snow, I'm on my phone so can't do a link

Edited by khodds
  • Like 1

Posted

Yes just seen that, looks like sweet spot could be around high ground of bath Bristol? from a greedy point of view id like it to drift slightly further south inland :friends: although anything that does reach me should be of snow.

Nearly every day this week seems to have a wintry element at times so should see something this week.

Posted

Would be nice if Ian Ferguson could post on here to update us.

Thanks Ian if you can.....

Already told my partner we will get snow at Longleat Heavens gate 250Metres above sea level. Even if rain where i am at 98 metres above sea level then longleat only a 12 minute drive away for spot of wet snow sledging with my 5 year old lad.

Posted

Bristol Channel streamer a possibility Tues night?

Yes looking at ian f twitter page that's what it looks like which does mean a narrow area will get lucky so 24 hours of waiting really to see if it will hit us or south wales and west midlands?

one slight adjustment and it could be a very close miss.. :bomb:

Met office app has my location down for heavy snow every day this week so far except Monday so it cant be wrong on every day? :cc_confused:

Edited by Nights King

Posted

Thanks Nights,

I`m in one of the highest parts of Frome , about 98-105 Metres above sea level so here`s hoping and failing that there is always Cley Hill and Longleat at over 250Metres above sea level.:-)

Posted

Bristol Channel streamer a possibility Tues night?

Let's hope so BB. We all know what happened last time a decent one set up. Feb 2009.

• Like 1

Posted

Let's hope so BB. We all know what happened last time a decent one set up. Feb 2009.

Yeah..but it was a lot colder then and this is way way way marginal for low lying areas. Wet slushy stuff at best, better as high as possible. Even then you wont be seeing the crunchy snow!

The ground will be wet, temps nowhere near freezing a non event really.....Except that seeing snow falling is better than not.

Edited by MPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Thanks Nights,

I`m in one of the highest parts of Frome , about 98-105 Metres above sea level so here`s hoping and failing that there is always Cley Hill and Longleat at over 250Metres above sea level.:-)

i might see you there if it happens, im hoping for a bristol streamer as per i think december 2009!!

i think we might be in the sweet spot, if not longleat it is LOL.

fromey