Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest and Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

A proper crisp day today, I really enjoy winter days like these, I do think its going to be very cold tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Cracking day out there, just driven through Wareham, and didn't see Mapantz, so I figured you were probably in the pub. Grit lorries out in Wareham, what do they know that we don't as it hasn't been that cold, only -0,7C last night, maybe they figure its going to be colder tonight.

Well, the MO forecasted a minimum of 2°C here this morning, and it was around 1°C - They forecast -3°C tomorrow morning, so maybe a tad lower is possible?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

temperature is falling fast this evening. 0.4c

I love these sort of nights when you have good snow (rare indeed) cover so you can watch it plummet. :pardon:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

temperature is falling fast this evening. 0.4c

I love these sort of nights when you have good snow (rare indeed) cover so you can watch it plummet. :pardon:

You have snow?!

I agree though. Temperature tumbling fast. Best make the most of the next few days. :)

Posted

Just gone below freezing already -0.2°C hopefully the skies will remain clear and winds will stay still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Still on 1.0c. Will not be long before the minus is used. That will turn a Goose Green... :hi:

Posted

-1.0°C really is tumbling away quickly this evening I expect it will slow down if not rise slightly before dropping more towards dawn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

temps have tumbled away since 3pm now -0.7c dewpoint -4.5c, what a waste of some good temps!!

oh well maybe somtime in the new year we may hit the jackpot.

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I am going to say it...I have to say it... Only because well I know it isn't possible but it does feel cold enough for snow .. It won't I know but oh it feels like it!! Lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

It was -1 on the way back over Mendip just now (in the car) so I lovely cold one tomorrow - can't wait. Glad I'm not defrosting the car in the morning though.

Posted

Ps anyone know how the weather situation is in Europe for tomortow? Couldn't find a thread on it in nw and all the searches I do just come up with the storm yesterday on Google and news sites. Got a friend driving Calais to Stuttgart tomorrow .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Ps anyone know how the weather situation is in Europe for tomortow? Couldn't find a thread on it in nw and all the searches I do just come up with the storm yesterday on Google and news sites. Got a friend driving Calais to Stuttgart tomorrow .

High Pressure over our shores for the next few days and over nearby France, can't remember where Stuttgart is precisely but should be a reasonable dry drive I would imagine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Daytime Max of 2.8c and -0.8c as I type, anticipate a -4c to -5c range minimum here at least with some places in our region reaching -7c or perhaps as low as -8c. Impressive considering most folk were jumping on the doom and gloom forecasts only a few days ago. Further afield, no deep entrenched prolonged cold but with Temps at Average at their highest in the far South and Southwest, when the fronts attempt to come in, in the New Year we could get a battleground type scenario kick off. All conjecture right now however.

• Like 1

Posted

With that figure as a dew point the air would be very dry you would need the temperature to drop even futher to similar temp, although what is precipitated would be 'pure' snow. No marginality whatsoever.

Posted

High Pressure over our shores for the next few days and over nearby France, can't remember where Stuttgart is precisely but should be a reasonable dry drive I would imagine.

Thanks GTLTW you star.. Stuttgart Is Southern Germany - just wondered if all the issues from yesterday Storm all eased. Think as you stay the high pressure over should help. As long as temps haven't made everything icy. What s beautiful day it was today hey. Temps dropping nicely tonight.

Posted

You have snow?!

I agree though. Temperature tumbling fast. Best make the most of the next few days. :)

certainly not! :rofl:

Temperature falling fast this evening, coldest night so far -3.1c

Posted

-2.4°C after a minimum of -2.7°C at 18:08, the temp started to rise again up to -1.6°C and now dropping away again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Evening all, -3.4c going to be a chilly one, hopefully not the coldest of the winter

Fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

-1.5c. Clear and frosty. Calm with only a light puff at 1 km/h.

Posted

-4.6c here now which is the coldest temperature since February 2012, beating -4.4c in Dec/Mar 2012/2013.

The forecaster on the local news said 'it could get as low as -4c in the countryside'.. but it will be a few degrees lower than that locally.

Posted

Clear and Very Cold. -5.2°C, 94%, Dew P -6°C.

Glad I don't have to get up for work in the morning would be very cold in the warehouse by 6am.

Ordered a Vantage Pro 2 can't wait to start using it but I am still happy with the Vantage Vue has been a very good station but wanted the Pro so I could mount the anemometer on the roof and the rest of the unit down to 2 meters :)

Edited by tomjwlx

Posted

-5.2 c here also although annoyingly my sensor is now faltering and failing to send signal because battery life is low and it always happens when I get a cold spell. :angry:  Shall be changing that Monday.

I would expect to see a few -8's maybe around the region tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, freezing rain, hail, thunderstorms!

Coldest night since Jan 2011 at -6c ; could maybe get to -8, if it stays totally clear for the rest of the night!

Pity this proper seasonal stuff isn't going to last - milder again by Weds!