Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest and Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

More showers here - winds are light and from N. Brighter patches around so hopefully sunny for the post lunch stroll. 5c currently.

Edited by Barbel

Posted

I am assuming from my amateur view of the latest output we are highly unlikely to get snow on s coast over the next few days unless the positioning and orientation of the low changes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

@fergieweather: W COUNTRY Potential for some snow (likely small amounts, to 2cm) has been extended S for tomorrow to lie essentially #Bristol-M4 northwards

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

@fergieweather: W COUNTRY Potential for some snow (likely small amounts, to 2cm) has been extended S for tomorrow to lie essentially #Bristol-M4 northwards

Haha would be good news if I didn't have to travel to Devon for the day to see family :pardon:  I'll be back when it has thawed.

Happy xmas everyone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I truly hate that M4, I really do!! lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lulsgate, Dundry Hill and the Mendips will undoubtedly be included, altitude is more important than the ruddy M4 lol. Not expecting anything here though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I truly hate that M4, I really do!! lol

We are 25 miles N of the m4 here but after viewing the 12Z Output I think we will miss the snow, al of changes to come. But looks like the midlanders could be the lucky ones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Merry Christmas all was quite surprised to see the risk of snow for tomorrow! Haven't really been aware of the forecast for 48 hours or so being busy with Xmas and all. Up here in glos looks an ok place to be. One to watch !!!

Posted

Evenin' all, currently 1.1C, wind is just beginning to swing from the NW to the W and then on to the SW by morning, as the rain heads on in. Still has been a good dry day, plenty of sunshine.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Lovely frosty night out there. -1C

Posted

Cloudy with temp 6C and a light southerly.

The latest from the METO has the snow belt Wales, Midlands and east central, mainly on high ground but lower ground in places, Up to 4"" on high ground. Could be quite wet south of this and windy SW and south.

post-12275-0-04250500-1419574071_thumb.g

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Morning all. Vicious frost out there today. Any chance of snow for me?

Currently -0.2 with a low earlier of -0.4. DP -1.9 but rising all the time. Huge mess of nasty ppn coming from the west soonish. Shame, as the sunshine has been lovely and I have been able to clear some leaves, although it did feel odd having to wear shades to do xmas shopping and collect the olds.

Edited by katemart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

The latest from Fergie.

Ian Fergusson @fergieweather

W COUNTRY Heavier rain rates later may also turn to sleet or snow elsewhere, but settling may prove limited. Ditto tonight in wintry showers

So it looks like it's on a knife edge for snow in northern parts of the region with altitude and heaviness of ppn being a factor. An interesting day ahead for some.

Edited by John88B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Well not the south central but interestingly the rellies in Norway ( Bergen) have finally some snow. They have been waiting ages for it and normally there by Novemeber. Looks very doubtful we will get the same quantity. Prob just as well as bet there are a few families out there that want to make sure their parents, family and friends get home safely...;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

The latest from Fergie.Ian Fergusson @fergieweatherW COUNTRY Heavier rain rates later may also turn to sleet or snow elsewhere, but settling may prove limited. Ditto tonight in wintry showersSo it looks like it's on a knife edge for snow in northern parts of the region with altitude and heaviness of ppn being a factor. An interesting day ahead for some.

I think he meant rain to snow in other areas , other than the ones mentioned . That's how I would take that ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I think he meant rain to snow in other areas , other than the ones mentioned . That's how I would take that ?

Apologies SSIB, I think you could be right. Certainly still a fair chance of snow in your neck of the woods I would have thought. Edited by John88B