Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest and Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Ian F and Tamara have just posted very interesting comments on the MOD board, things *could* be getting exciting now... I will be glued to the model output for the next week, talk of cyclogenisis and warm air from the south interacting with cold pool over the UK, this may only mean one thing..... CHANNEL LOW! (Correct me if I'm wrong) and all dependent on the paths they take/ how far the cold air reaches across the UK (please, please be across our region), looking like a very exciting end to the year I yhink.

Nice to see you again khodds  :friends:

I would not get excited for our neck of the woods currently it all looks like being of the usual wet and windy rubbish for now.  :sorry:  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Nice to see you again khodds  :friends:

I would not get excited for our neck of the woods currently it all looks like being of the usual wet and windy rubbish for now.  :sorry:

It's good being back :) I'm thinking positive... Possibly clutching straws but hey? Never mind!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

evening all.

another twist in the saga that is winter 2014/15, GFS showing a weather bomb coming down the east coast now!! :bomb:

its going to be a bumpy ride till this is all sorted out!! ;)

fromey

Posted

Morning all.

Looks like a few winter is over posts are beginning to creep in to the MOD thread!!

Dear god.

Fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Morning all.

Looks like a few winter is over posts are beginning to creep in to the MOD thread!!

Dear god.

Fromey

Can you blame people though for the lack of optimism after last years shocker? I can't see any snow anytime soon for us southerners?  :closedeyes:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

I just live nature!! Here's a couple of photos I took this morning looking toward Longleat.

post-13809-0-53771900-1419077343_thumb.j

post-13809-0-12359900-1419077422_thumb.j

post-13809-0-53613300-1419077483_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Can you blame people though for the lack of optimism after last years shocker? I can't see any snow anytime soon for us southerners?  :closedeyes:

i cant blame them but every run of each model its so many ups then downs, the models are all over place at the moment, i do chuckle to my self, i cant see any snow for us at least unitl mid jan may be!! and thats not based on any data etc before anyone asks!!!

lets hope i m wrong,

fromey

Posted

i cant blame them but every run of each model its so many ups then downs, the models are all over place at the moment, i do chuckle to my self, i cant see any snow for us at least unitl mid jan may be!! and thats not based on any data etc before anyone asks!!!

lets hope i m wrong,

fromey

I don't think you're wrong, I think that's how it'll play out. With the talk of SSW and PV's split and everything that's going on up there, it still suggests we have very long way to go to be able to understand quite how our winter weather can be forced to change. Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

My hunch is the second half of winter will see all the action,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

My hunch is the second half of winter will see all the action,

Yeah,gales and rain :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

I don't think you're wrong, I think that's how it'll play out. With the talk of SSW and PV's split and everything that's going on up there, it still suggests we have very long way to go to be able to understand quite how our winter weather can be forced to change.

I don't think you're wrong, I think that's how it'll play out. With the talk of SSW and PV's split and everything that's going on up there, it still suggests we have very long way to go to be able to understand quite how our winter weather can be forced to change.

Spot on, no one can predict our weather and as you rightly say how can our winter weather be forced to change. Atlantic is either to powerful or Mediterranean High is always to strong . Get those weakened and our chances increase dramatically IMHO of course I'm no expert!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Maxed out at 10.2°C today.

I keep reading a lot of posts with the overused "xmas day will feel more seasonal than the last two years"

Well, top temps progged here for xmas day, are around 7 to 8°C

Last year, it never got above 5°C had wet snow in the morning, and ice pellet showers on and off through the day.

Posted

Maxed out at 10.2°C today.

I keep reading a lot of posts with the overused "xmas day will feel more seasonal than the last two years"

Well, top temps progged here for xmas day, are around 7 to 8°C

Last year, it never got above 5°C had wet snow in the morning, and ice pellet showers on and off through the day.

Keep seeing this. Cant remember last xmas day here. Know 1 thing for sure,it weren't snowing. Was it that cold????

Course,i do live in cornwall,mildest spot on the planet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Was rather mild last year and the year before that! We are due a frosty settled xmas at somepoint! Lack of snowcover though, 2010 the last time. 

Posted

Last xmas wasn't mild at all. General temps away from coasts were around 5 to 7°C

If you want to take the 12Z GFS op, then things don't look a geat deal different to last year..

post-15177-0-72635100-1419105517_thumb.ppost-15177-0-70091800-1419105554_thumb.p

My minima was 2°C last year, progged minima this year is around 5°C

A lot to iron out, I agree. But, it's not far off the likely outcome.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

Last xmas wasn't mild at all. General temps away from coasts were around 5 to 7°C

If you want to take the 12Z GFS op, then things don't look a geat deal different to last year..

attachicon.gifviewimage (15).pngattachicon.gifviewimage (16).png

Just didn't feel mild last year, agree though current temps aren't looking too chilly.

Posted

I think, amongst all the wild weather, you tend to forget the small things, such as a chilly day. That's why I like logging the weather, I can favourite certain days that could be of significance, I can then refer back to them if need be. :)

Posted

Last xmas wasn't mild at all. General temps away from coasts were around 5 to 8°C

attachicon.gifviewimage (15).pngattachicon.gifviewimage (16).png

Honestly cant remember 1 cold day last winter here. Pretty sure i never saw a frost,and def not a snowflake. 

TBH,this winter is already better,had to scrape the car windscreen 1 morning last month. 

Believe me,scraping a windscreen is a major talking point down here,dont

appen often love'r

Edited by cornish snow

Posted

No surprise really people posting 29th Dec charts in the mad house. It'll never happens.........it so ridiculous it beggars belief.

Last week folk were posting charts fir next weekends mega freeze. When will people learn it's computers fed info, no different to a computerised fruit machine, and it churns out s%it 95% of the

time.

Guaranteed come boxing day charts will appear fir new year showing 850 uppers at -20 and on the 29th it'll ve 8c and cloudy.

• Like 1

Posted

I think, amongst all the wild weather, you tend to forget the small things, such as a chilly day. That's why I like logging the weather, I can favourite certain days that could be of significance, I can then refer back to them if need be. :)

Yes, i'm getting a Netamo for christmas, can't wait to start logging weather!

Lovely Sunset tonight, with some lovely cloud formations late afternoon, anyone see them?

post-15543-0-06085800-1419111167_thumb.j post-15543-0-74628400-1419111176_thumb.j 

post-15543-0-93763100-1419111191_thumb.j post-15543-0-62315000-1419111215_thumb.j

Posted

You see. December apparently has been chucked in in the mad house.

Why? The signals were never ever there in the first place.

Purely computer generated outcomes. Proper TV forecasts with 4 to 5 days and nothing more will keep you sane.

I hope to see someone post charts for 1 January chasing -63c cold later today when in reality it'll be 6c and wet. Splendid.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Back to the muck this morning. 7C with light drizzle.