Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest and Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Stunning sunny day with Cirrus beginning to encroach from the West. The temp dipped a nudge below freezing this morning with -0.1c as the minimum and there were some icy surfaces due to the ground not drying after showers yesterday evening.

Posted

Yep, it's lovely out there. Let's hope for the same next Thursday, so I can get outside for a break from the in-laws.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Decent day here with Long sunny spells after the fog and frost cleared. Temp of 7.6c. Cloud thickening to the West ahead of the warm front.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A few ponderings from myself regarding the next couple of weeks, courtesy of the MOD thread which I thought may interest a few. Just don't get too carried away.  :pardon:

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81934-model-output-discussion-the-start-of-winter/?p=3089530

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Thanks Fromey.  :crazy:

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

I don't think I can handle not seeing snow again this year. I have never seen a winter with no snow falling up on the highest hills here.....did that make sense?
I think over the next few weeks the back side of some cold fronts may produce a bit of wintriness on the hills here, a bit IMBY-ish I know but its lonely on this lil island!

• Like 1

Posted

A few ponderings from myself regarding the next couple of weeks, courtesy of the MOD thread which I thought may interest a few. Just don't get too carried away. :pardon:

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81934-model-output-discussion-the-start-of-winter/?p=3089530

Yes, if you don't like stairs then head over to the mad disc thread where you'll find a good few ramps for your viewing :laugh:

Your comment about not getting carried away is a worthy one!

Edited by dec10snow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Just the steady plink plink plink sound of the rainfall on the window at the moment.

Quite a grey drab day otherwise at work with the rain moving in this evening. Currently trying not to get too caught up in the MOD thread excitement, too far out still...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A thoroughly wet evening. 5.3mm before midnight, 1mm at the moment- steady rain still. The temperature has certainly increased quickly though,

11.1C currently.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Mild and pants and winter continues as the last one left off so far  :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Much milder than of late, already 10.7C so the mildest day of the month so far. Yuck pretty much sums up the weather today. Thank heavens it's only going to last 2 days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Some stunning charts out there for Christmas eve and beyond!! Obviously a very long way off and as we all know that can radically change , but what i like is the fact for the last two days the trend has been showing for some more cold/snowy weather a possibility now even for down here in somerset!

If the high can retrogress westward or stay in its current projected pattern then this could bode well for a postcard Christmas IMHO.

Now all of that might just fall flat but hey isn`t it nice to Dream about a White Christmas and seeing those charts brings that wish/feeling alive in the child within!

• Like 1

Posted

Some stunning charts out there for Christmas eve and beyond!! Obviously a very long way off and as we all know that can radically change , but what i like is the fact for the last two days the trend has been showing for some more cold/snowy weather a possibility now even for down here in somerset!

If the high can retrogress westward or stay in its current projected pattern then this could bode well for a postcard Christmas IMHO.

Now all of that might just fall flat but hey isn`t it nice to Dream about a White Christmas and seeing those charts brings that wish/feeling alive in the child within!

Does look more interesting but long way off and I have a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that if it comes to somerset it will be after the 2nd of January and last about a week. 

Posted

12.2°C and grey with bits & pieces of drizzle. I could get the budgie smugglers on with this heat! ;)

Oh dear lord save us all.  :help:

post-8911-0-62391900-1418816202_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Cor Blimey, now I know why I've never been in this thread before, I am in the middle of my lunch and the topic/images of budgie smugglers comes up  :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

Cor Blimey, now I know why I've never been in this thread before, I am in the middle of my lunch and the topic/images of budgie smugglers comes up  :rofl:

post-8911-0-07943500-1418818308_thumb.pn   8)  :D

• Like 4

Posted

9.5mm of rain overnight, but after a dark drizzly start the day has turned quite bright with some sunny spells between fast moving Stratocumulus which is bringing the odd drizzly 5 minutes on a fresh Westerly wind - typical warm sector weather for this area and currently 11.8c .

Posted

All kinds of things get aired over here in the west in our discussions, when the atmosphere's quiet!

Posted

Same weather as at Mapants place and also 12.2c, not sure the rest will be the same though lol

Nice yesterday morning with fog in the Otter valley (first 3 pics) and over towards Exeter (other pics), before it turned cloudy later.

post-7593-0-82432400-1418816141_thumb.jp post-7593-0-92459000-1418817272_thumb.jp post-7593-0-37559600-1418816198_thumb.jp

post-7593-0-85225900-1418817206_thumb.jp post-7593-0-73328800-1418816921_thumb.jp post-7593-0-19211500-1418816983_thumb.jp 

post-7593-0-98992200-1418817040_thumb.jp post-7593-0-96396700-1418817102_thumb.jp post-7593-0-05674700-1418817157_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Posted

An update from yesterday's posting, for those of you whom don't often venture into the MOD thread.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82046-model-output-discussion-the-run-in-to-christmas/?p=3090317

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

hi mate,

with these peachy looking charts coming out i have one question for you, have you booked your skiing holiday by any chance??lol

fromey

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Horrible day today, really noticed it first thing when it seem to take ages before it got light, & when it did get light I was met with cloud any drizzle.

Give me a cold clear crisp day over this anytime.

Fingers crossed the cold predicted next week comes off.