Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest and Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Hi guys, please could someone help....I want to ignore/block some users but cant find how to do it on their profiles........thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

A sharp frost here this morning at -3.7C. Gin clear skies and the rising sun will give some atmospheric conditions over the next few hours as the frost melts. Full data here:-

http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/index.html

Posted

-2.5c low and this was right on the beach at Seaton this morning. Felt strange walking on frozen beach with the dog at 06.30.. Now 0.5c here in Colyton and perfectly still and Sunny. I'm convinced higher points round here will get a dusting of snow before the weekend is out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

post-12721-0-67382200-1417868443_thumb.j

I think I've found the first GFS snowfall chart of the season for some of our region. ;):)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I think I've found the first GFS snowfall chart of the season for some of our region. ;):)

I wonder if it is still there come friday..   :pardon:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

One of the better analyses I've read this morning in the MOD thread, I hope AWD doesn't mind me referring to it in here.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81934-model-output-discussion-the-start-of-winter/?p=3081828

So, currently the 8th and 9th December can be added to the 11th and 13th December as dates to watch for snow potential. As AWD states, this will be transient affairs at first but if our cards fall right, they will be higher chances of some snow at lower levels before mid-December arrives, as I've mentioned previously.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi guys, please could someone help....I want to ignore/block some users but cant find how to do it on their profiles........thanks.

I've asked someone to look into for you. It is found under your Notifications setting by your name, but other than that I've never used it to ignore anyone. 

Posted

It's just a case of typing their name in here and selecting what you want to ignore:

https://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=ignoredusers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

certainly cold here today....just popped out for a cheeky cigarette and there's still frost on the roofs and gardens!

It feels like we've already had more chilly days than we had in all of last winter, and hopefully before the month is out, we'll have seen a damned sight more snowfall  :clapping:

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

'M4 corridor' being mentioned in the mod thread I see regarding possible snowfall on the latter ecm frames , charts that far out won't verify exactly as shown of course but I hope by the end of winter that I haven't come to hate that phrase!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Unfortunately it does seem to be the areas between the Bath junction and Reading that get the snow as either side turns out just the wrong side of marginal. Hopefully not a theme to repeat through the winter.

Posted

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Lets hope the season doesn't continue like that then or it's another case of seasonal drought for the SW.

Temperatures raisin' the cloud is head in' in and the airflow has shifted from N to SW, a change in place for tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

On our family walk at mid afternoon there was still frost on the ground in the shade, so this winter has already topped last years pith poor effort. Hopefully I can see a little lying snow this side of New Year since there hasn't been any here since Jan 2013!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Amen to both those posts: -1.3C this morning and the frost in the shade did not melt all day. Tonight we popped down to 0.1C but it's been warming rapidly since then and is now 3.9C. Feeling positively balmy (especially since we fixed the hole in the wall we found this afternoon - 15 years we've been trying to sort out that draught!!!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Another frost earlier this evening got down to -0.7c. Thicker cloud from NW back up now at 3.9c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Damp. Overcast  Some precipitation has falle after 6dry days    8.6c Is the temperature...

Posted

Certainly milder this morning and quite pleasant in the sunshine at the moment. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: High pressure and NO WIND! - Rain over snow any day.

Hello :)

Today started off quite windy, light rain and miserable.

Got blue sky now and the occassional big dark menacing looking cloud passing over.

Still breezy but pleasant.

1zeh6ds.jpg

Current Temp: 7 Degrees C

Pressure: 102.0 and rising

Wind: 22 km/h Gradually reducing

• Like 2

Posted

Local weather forecast suggesting some sleet and snow for higher ground over night just a shame the showers are pushing through at 3am with no chance of settling if it indeed happened.  :fool:

currently 3.1c