Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Snowing in Luton for the past 25 minutes. Getting heavy now.

I'm hoping it will head down towards Ealing! I've been watching it closely on the radar when I should probably have been transcribing my dissertation interview notes...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Poop all for my area then.

Daniel, unlikely we'll see anything tonight? (we're in pretty much the same area...I guess)..

I'm not expecting much for us, maybe the odd sleet shower/snow flurry if the showers manage to get past East Anglia and into our area but they seem to be mostly dying as they move into London

Posted

I'm not expecting much for us, maybe the odd sleet shower/snow flurry if the showers manage to get past East Anglia and into our area but they seem to be mostly dying as they move into London

That sucks! Was hoping for some snow :(

Posted

Sleety/wet snow where I am in Peterborough at the moment. Is there more to come tonight? Can't stop looking out of the window. Hoping for a miracle after missing out on last nights action by about 10 miles :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

graphe3_1000_352.44000244140625_161.2799

100% snow risk for Dover says the GFS hi res 12z..for later this evening.  We shall see whether all 2mm of rainfall equivalent can deliver a dusting to the hills.  Need some showers to come onshore first :mellow:

• Like 1

Posted

i hate to say it but i think we are out of luck tonight looking at the charts for us in Maidstone and the Medway towns it seems the ppn goes either side of us and will not even reach us when the wind changes direction because by then all the pnn will have gone.  But looking on the bright side we in our little corner of the country always fair well for warm sunny dry weather in the summer when other parts of the country are getting soaking wet so swings in roundabouts lol.  I like living in the SE just could do with more easterly winds just one year.

Edited by Snow Queen one

Posted

i hate to say it but i think we are out of luck tonight looking at the charts for us in Maidstone and the Medway towns it seems the ppn goes either side of us and will not even reach us when the wind changes direction because by then all the pnn will have gone.  But looking on the bright side we in our little corner of the country always fair well for warm sunny dry weather in the summer when other parts of the country are getting soaking wet so swings in roundabouts lol.  I like living in the SE just could do with more easterly winds just one year.

Agreed, love the SE but did want some snow. 

You never know with weather, it could all suddenly change and we'll get our snow...doubt it. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Bugger all here so far.

Was awake until 3am last night round my aunts in Hockley eagerly watching the radar, but they all went to bed shortly after and turned the internet off, so I gave up and went to sleep, radar showed a sleet band pass through here around 4-5am. Had a few clips of VERY light sleet on radar, but nothing actually visible here in Benfleet.

Currently 1.9c, Dew point 0.9c. Everything so far today has just skirted a few miles west of me! 

Posted

Heavier stuff to the west of me for all I know it could swerve past me

post-19153-0-84281600-1419703333_thumb.j

^ Projection for 18:30

1 hour later

post-19153-0-04800800-1419703403_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

If it wasn't for the regional tread I would seriously delete my account (you can't view this unless you're a member) as this winter is the worst I have ever known the model threads (total babies hitting each other with their  toys).

Anyway, not expecting much here in Kent and tbh rather not get anything that isn't going to settle or cause disruption. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

We can also get snow when others get nothing.

I remember 2005 late Feb early March we got snow (albeit light) for 10 + consecutive days and the rest of the country got zilch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Snowing here too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Happy Christmas All, hoping for a nice festive dusting of snow in about 30 minutes or so looking at the radar. More surprises this week I suspect.

Posted

Some

I HIGHTLIGHT SOME convection out to the East of the county now.

S

Daniel how often does home & dry update- every 5 mins?

Hi Steve see below :) apparently it is the best out there... (you're welcome)

post-19153-0-52865200-1419704852_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*

Nice to see some snow reports from the usual crew slightly higher up !

That band is sliding through now, all eyes NE for any more showers.

I bet North Kent get some tonight.

S

Cheers Daniel I just grabbed it for Iphone

Edited by Steve Murr
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
It's snowing in Cranfield (Just outside MK)[/quote

Nothing yet in Linslade , I think we are just on the edge of the band at the moment. Looking at the radar there's plenty of precipitation out in the North Sea and it might bring a nice little surprise to some tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Alas it all seems to be fizzling out in the London area now. Never mind, perhaps there will be a few more surprise showers! Plus, it is only December still and the few flakes I've just seen already make this winter better than last!

Posted

Not the best with looking at the radar maps and the other stuff, but seems to me that everything is happening both sides of me!

You never know it could both come together and I'll get everything that's happening either side of me, all in one..

• Like 1