Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stop moaning snow freek. At least you have seen snow falling unlike some of us who may not see anything at all from this low. And winter has only just started so how can you comment on only having a

Scenes of late Autumn from the area in the last week.     Will there be more wintry scenes to photograph in our locality soon? 

hi all   tonight   a weak south easterly flow   as been spotted watch for mist and fog   temps around 6-8 degrees but where you get a clearance (west and north west of london more likely) te

Posted Images

Well my dad is a postman and when he says it is cold it is. The blob is now becoming disjointed :help: more ppn is building off the North Sea tracking SSW to my untrained eye.

IanF made this post several years ago

I don't think the surface dew point ever gets too low enough in the UK for it not to snow if there is sufficient moisture at cloud level to produce snow, though a large gap between the surface dew point and air temperature (low humidities) may mean any snow flakes falling out of cloud are more likely to be small on their descent due to evaporation in the dry air near the surface. Whereas, if the dew point and the air temps are close to freezing, then big snow flakes are likely - due to the high moisture content in the air. Hope that helps abit.

Your DP is a tad too high I reckon

Howdee all! Finally decided to take the plunge and sign up. Hope everyone's semi enjoying the festive break, maybe some last minute bargain hunting? Bit grey and certainly snowless in Tunbridge currently, drab with a capital D! Nice to see that some have had a bit of the white stuff further north. Here's to more chances of snow.

• Like 1

More intense precipitation coming off the Norfolk coast. North Sea is warming up, evaporative cooling can tip the balance, hearing reports of snow in heavier bursts in tropical Dover speaks volume.

Warm welcome newcomers its good to see some new faces! :hi:

Edited by Daniel*

Well my dad is a postman and when he says it is cold it is. The blob is now becoming disjointed :help: more ppn is building off the North Sea tracking SSW to my untrained eye.

Well my old mans a dustman, he wears a dustmans hat, he wears cor blimey trousers and he lives in a council flat. Here on hols in South Devon its 8 degrees. It rained yesterday and as for snow, well there's a snowballs chance in hell of that...

• Like 1

Well my old mans a dustman, he wears a dustmans hat, he wears cor blimey trousers and he lives in a council flat. Here on hols in South Devon its 8 degrees. It rained yesterday and as for snow, well there's a snowballs chance in hell of that...

What a load of pony :pCockney' is the term used to describe any person said to be born within the sound of the Bow Bells – the bells of St Mary-Le-Bow (“Bow Churchâ€) – in Cheapside, London EC2. On the Vera Lynn? :rofl:

• Like 1

No snow or rain here in rochester, kent.

Really want some snow to come :(

Yep, annoying  :nonono:

Everything going both sides of us at the moment. and then later tonight just when  the NE'ly kicks in the sky will be clear and no precipitation around to make full use of it.... :closedeyes:  :sorry:

Howdee all! Finally decided to take the plunge and sign up. Hope everyone's semi enjoying the festive break, maybe some last minute bargain hunting? Bit grey and certainly snowless in Tunbridge currently, drab with a capital D! Nice to see that some have had a bit of the white stuff further north. Here's to more chances of snow.

Welcome to the mayhem, I mean forum.

What a load of pony :pCockney' is the term used to describe any person said to be born within the sound of the Bow Bells – the bells of St Mary-Le-Bow (“Bow Churchâ€) – in Cheapside, London EC2. On the Vera Lynn? :rofl:

Haha, mum's from Wanstead, up the posh end :-). So not a Cockney. Vera Lynn maybe at 4 pm.

Currently doing shampoo cocktails to show how posh we ain't :-). Weather 7 degrees and sunny. Really boring.

• Like 1

New band of precipitation coming in from the north heading to London. Radar shows it as sleet, currently centred around cambridge. I reckon there's a good chance this could fall as snow. Can anyone confirm whether its currently falling as sleet or snow?

• Like 1

Haha, mum's from Wanstead, up the posh end :-). So not a Cockney. Vera Lynn maybe at 4 pm.

Currently doing shampoo cocktails to show how posh we ain't :-). Weather 7 degrees and sunny. Really boring.

Neither am I I'm on the wrong side of the bank, wouldn't like to live in East London. West Ham :o I'd be killed haha, and places like cheapside gulp - never heard of shampoo cocktails? I'm in the 'posh' part of SE London the development around Canada Water is crazy to think 50 years ago it was all docks and submerged, some apartments round here on the embankment fetch millions, my house was valued at 750k bought for 95k in the 90's not bad return, living in London can be very pricey. Interesting to see all the variation. :-)
  • Like 1

New band of precipitation coming in from the north heading to London. Radar shows it as sleet, currently centred around cambridge. I reckon there's a good chance this could fall as snow. Can anyone confirm whether its currently falling as sleet or snow?

Yup it looks to be building direct hit for Berkshire? Even London more so west also tracking SSW/SW.