Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Really good to see you posting again JennyJane. :) You've been missed and we were concerned.

Thanks Steve, that's kind you were concerned,without sounding really miserable its been a bad year with southernman being so ill, and while he was in hospital my mother died, anyway, looking to the new year now. x

• Like 1

Posted

Anyway, i'm just catching up with the model threads and noticed all eyes on a possible storm to impact the east coast on 28th, that would be here, might be interesting for some to know that Southernman had to close the flood barriers at Reedham at around 8.15 last night, as the river had started to overflow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hi CS,

Hi everyone, another winter, another round of snow watching.

Here in Yarmouth tonight it is freezing inside the house and the wind is blowing fierce outside.

A big hi to Piggy Palace, hope all is ok your end, got your message a LONG time after you sent it, we nearly lost Southernman he was in hospital for many weeks but has since recovered well. xx

Hi JJ1, nice to see you posting again :)

As for the 27th-29th, too early to say. There is a lot of model disagreement with regards to this low so I think we will need to wait for 24 hours or so. 

Boxing day fax chart

PPVO89.png

Light south westerly wind, increasing later.

Should be another fine and sunny day. Rain will push in during the night.

Temperatures - many areas will start below freezing, but will rise to 5-7C.

Posted

All this stuff about NW is going rather over my head. Is this all related to the model threads (there be dragons)? I don't want to bring up old animosities, but I've been here for a few years now and appreciate allcomers, and hope we all have fun.

Owls are quiet...probably overcast. 10.5c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Here is the weather for the week ahead from the BBC! The track of next weekend's storm is uncertain! :smiliz23: No snow for our region on Christmas Day :smiliz21: It looks sunny 7c on the 25th!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/30568989

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well blow me down (literally) the wins's woken me up. Something just blew over with a crash outside - probably the wheel barrow I used for the logs. Dogs barked.

How am I going to get to sleep again? Probably head over to the models thread and see whether their squabbling bores me enough to get some kip.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Really interesting 48hrs ahead regarding the outputs.

27th/28th could go either way, gales and rain or windy with snow showers, some heavy and blizzard like conditions

Precipitation is there Xmas Eve but i think too early in terms of cold air for it to be of a wintry nature.

We should atleast see a frost over the festive period :-D

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, cloudy and mild start here. Well the models still don't have a clue beyond Boxing day  :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Dull old morning here and very windy with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Amazing temps this morning in the SE of England 14C low, the warmest place in Europe apart from Malaga !

Posted

very very windy this morning and just getting ready to go out in it, my new work takes place in a sort of prefab building in an open area, there are gaps in the "roof", it was cold in there last week, wondering what it'll be like when the temperatures really drop, but at least i can wear winter clothes, no flimsy work suits..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting - mostly storms or snow

I've been watching the 28/12 on the snow risk forecast for Norwich for a week or so now and it's been alternating between mild/rain and cold/snow with each run, but now the snow chance is it's highest I've seen.

There's just something that confuses me a bit - What do the crosses/ticks next to the snow chance indicate? I can't find any info anywhere....

post-21867-0-74970500-1419244289_thumb.p

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting - mostly storms or snow

oops.. double post. Site told me "Service unavailable" when I posted the last one.

post-21867-0-95162000-1419244345_thumb.p

Edited by Gonzolio Martinez

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just back from doing some shopping in town and it is utter chaos, anyone would think it was nearly christmas or something.

Very mild and very windy, dry for now but dull and overcast.

• Like 1

Posted

All in FI but interesting that a NE'ly starting to show on the GFS around the 30th Dec  :clapping:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It's a tad windy!

• Like 1

Posted

I've been watching the 28/12 on the snow risk forecast for Norwich for a week or so now and it's been alternating between mild/rain and cold/snow with each run, but now the snow chance is it's highest I've seen.

There's just something that confuses me a bit - What do the crosses/ticks next to the snow chance indicate? I can't find any info anywhere....

I'm liking the Accumlated Snow chart from the GFS for next weekend into next Monday, interesting more so across the South...short lived but a wintry mix may well be seen. After that all to play for if the NE'ly does come off for New Years Eve

Posted

On a different topic has anyone else noticed that this Winter it didn't seem to get as dark as early as some years? Yesterday it was about 4.25 before it was dark, I know the weather plays a part especially if dull and raining but it's not been that bad and now the night should start drawing out  :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Very festive weather here! :smiliz39: Had my fan on last night again as it was over13c :smiliz39: It is now 13.7c but the wind is taking the edge off the temperature. It is cloudy and miserable here. Still wrapping presents, I buy lots of presents for everyone  but seem to get a load of crap  back! :nonono: It's the giving that counts though, isn't it???? :nonono:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp 11.1 here, windy, mostly dry but occasionally a little bit of drizzle in the wind, so same as yesterday really.

Posted

Very mild today got a splitting headache might be a migraine not had one in a while, looking at the MOD thread pulses are racing, and so is my head. Fergie's post of some relevance...maybe.

00z EC, for example, shifted goalposts with it's snow threat/distribution charts into that period, yielding a more bothersome signal down across Midlands into parts of the south, but it's all a moveable feast of course.

• Like 1

Posted

Very mild today got a splitting headache might be a migraine not had one in a while, looking at the MOD thread pulses are racing, and so is my head. Fergie's post of some relevance...maybe.

I'm going to be honest, I'm not buying the mobile westerly solution at this present time. There does seem to be a window where heights could build to our north/north east, but at this point we could simply sit under a UK high with surface cold rather than a biting east/north easterly. UKMO and this mornings ECM are worthy of interest.

UW144-21.GIF?22-18

FAX charts not out to 72h yet, will post when they do arrive  :w00t:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I'm giving up on the MOD thread - John Holmes has lost his patience and has been on the receiving end of nasty comments from the hardcore cold fans who get stroppy if the models don't show 10 feet of snow.  I feel sorry for him; he posts as  he sees it and is probably, along with our  own Matt and Tamara, one of the most honest frequent MOD thread contributors.

• Like 5

Posted

I'm going to be honest, I'm not buying the mobile westerly solution at this present time. There does seem to be a window where heights could build to our north/north east, but at this point we could simply sit under a UK high with surface cold rather than a biting east/north easterly. UKMO and this mornings ECM are worthy of interest.

UW144-21.GIF?22-18

FAX charts not out to 72h yet, will post when they do arrive  :w00t:

Neither do I: UKMO T144 -8 850s in our part of the world snow to low levels

post-19153-0-33507800-1419273527_thumb.j

I personally reckon the first bite of the cherry may provide some white stuff, but we'll need a second bite for something more sustained, I'm going for an easterly scenario - with +ve establishing over Scandinavia.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Neither do I: UKMO T144 -8 850s in our part of the world snow to low levels

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I personally reckon the first bite of the cherry may provide some white stuff, but we'll need a second bite for something more sustained, I'm going for an easterly scenario - with +ve establishing over Scandinavia.

I think you would be correct with that assumption .