Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

What is it with the model forum. You just have to laugh sometimes, they are now suggesting a weather bomb down the east coast and cause a massive storm surge. Come on guys be real, it won't happen., otherwise you will get Nathan Reo on the case. Maybe they are so dishearted that there is now sign of snow they need something else to discuss.

Posted

What is it with the model forum. You just have to laugh sometimes, they are now suggesting a weather bomb down the east coast and cause a massive storm surge. Come on guys be real, it won't happen., otherwise you will get Nathan Reo on the case. Maybe they are so dishearted that there is now sign of snow they need something else to discuss.

Thats because that storm signals the start of the cold weather. Theres a few whiffs of the 62 big freeze about this. Ramp over.

Edited by smith25
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Thats because that storm signals the start of the cold weather.

agree on a certain extent, but they making it out if it's going to be hell lol, watch and see I guess

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

It's very easy to say that something won't happen (and most times at this juncture, it won't) but it'll inevitably happen at some point, whether it's forecast from this far out or sooner.

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Quite a drop in temperature so far today, from 12.5c this morning to the current 3.8c. It has been nice and sunny, and it's CHRISTMAS (nearly). No work for two weeks, yay. Though I work from home and will need to check in a couple of times a day to catch up on stuff and make sure everything is working.  :w00t:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Hello all. Just risen from my hibernation away from this friendly forum. Its been an interesting year with a pretty enjoyable summer.

But now I am back for the snow cup!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Partly cloudy start to the day here.

Still a lot of uncertainty from Christmas onwards, the big day looks chilly but I wouldn't guarantee a dry day yet (maybe the isolated chance of a wintry shower too for coastal areas.)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Dry and cooler here, looking out the window it is a mixed bag of some cloud, some clear sky and there is a bit of breeze.

Posted

Partly cloudy start to the day here.

Still a lot of uncertainty from Christmas onwards, the big day looks chilly but I wouldn't guarantee a dry day yet (maybe the isolated chance of a wintry shower too for coastal areas.)

I've never believed Google own weather but as Google my home page it shows a snow symbol for Xmas day,( Norwich) looking at latest charts looks very dry crisp and sunny. Edited by slater

Posted

Not expecting snow next week here, it does look to trend a bit cooler for the day though.

Today however is a bright, sunny, dry and breezy day, handy for drying the washing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It's like spring outside! My hazel tree is budding and has Blue Tits on it! People are doing work on their houses outside! Next door are mowing their lawn, yet these :smiliz39: guys have appeared on net weather! Hard to believe it's Christmas next week! :smiliz39:  Sunny and mild here , roll on spring, we might actually get some winter weather then! :cc_confused:  All the cold has vanished from the models, it will probably flip flop back again! :cold: :cold:

Posted

It's like spring outside! My hazel tree is budding and has Blue Tits on it! People are doing work on their houses outside! Next door are mowing their lawn, yet these :smiliz39: guys have appeared on net weather! Hard to believe it's Christmas next week! :smiliz39:  Sunny and mild here , roll on spring, we might actually get some winter weather then! :cc_confused:  All the cold has vanished from the models, it will probably flip flop back again! :cold: :cold:

Blue tits is most likely due to the colder temps at present.

Not a bad day here, that said I have stayed in all of it so far, do need to go out a bit later for some essential supplies (beer).

Posted

Blue tits is most likely due to the colder temps at present.

Not a bad day here, that said I have stayed in all of it so far, do need to go out a bit later for some essential supplies (beer).

You know your tits/birds better than me then! I thought they were around because it wasn't cold! 10.5c here and very noisy! :smiliz19:

Posted

Hoping for some snow in the next couple of weeks, hoping models will change for the better tonight and will get some snow before the new year!!! things need to get a lot colder though!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It was quite sunny, but the cloud has rolled in here now. 9C so it isn't even that cool except for the breeze.

Posted

On the big day itself we might even scrape a wintery shower according to the GFS but this is just like plucking a possessed turkey, yesterday it felt like Spring in the relatively warm sunshine.

post-19153-0-99025000-1419085392_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Quite mild out of the wind, but the wind is very icy!

• Like 1

Posted

On the big day itself we might even scrape a wintery shower according to the GFS but this is just like plucking a possessed turkey, yesterday it felt like Spring in the relatively warm sunshine.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Your cat looks peed off Daniel! :smiliz39: Is that a blizzard showing in the models now? :cc_confused::crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been a nice dry day, cloud lifted quickly, temp now is 6.6 with a chilly NW wind, very slight. 

Posted

So Christmas day

GFS (P)

gfs-0-120.png?12

Looks fine and chilly 

120-580PUK.GIF?20-12

Temperatures - 5-7C

Widespread frost overnight.

UKMO

UW120-21.GIF?20-18

More northerly component which could being an isolated shower to north norfolk

Temperatures similar

ECM

ECM1-120.GIF?20-0

Best for shower activity

Again temperatures in the 5-7C range, so there could be a little sleet and hail in the showers (if there are any).

Posted

gfs-0-168.png?18#

gfs-1-168.png?18

gfs-2-168.png?18

Too lazy for words so this will do

:smiliz19:  :smiliz19:  :smiliz19:

Sorry how about this 

gfs-0-186.png?18

gfs-1-186.png?18

gfs-2-186.png?18

:w00t:

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Mostly clear with a few patches of cloud, wind still just a breeze, temp 5.8, was expecting it to be a little warmer this morning.