Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Blimey things must be looking up if Shrimper has come out of hibernation :cold:

Haha indeed. Hi Jules!

I threw the towel in on last winter in Mid-Jan. This winter already feels and looks a lot more interesting...

After last "winter" we are due some fun and games and at the moment there are tentative signs that something maybe brewing after Xmas...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

An update from yesterday's posting, for those of you whom don't often venture into the MOD thread.

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82046-model-output-discussion-the-run-in-to-christmas/?p=3090317

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The afternoon was again pretty decent with sunny spells.

Christmas day looks increasingly likely that it will be at least chilly, if not cold. But it is still a long way off.

Going by the GFS and GFS parallel, both would be mostly dry and sunny, temperatures will probably be around the 2-5C. So a crisp and sunny Christmas. 

gfs-0-192.png?12

gfs-0-192.png?12

GEM looks a bit more mild

gem-0-192.png?12

Looks a little milder with temperatures near normal.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters

Hi everyone , just thought I'd pop in after being in hibernation since last winter ! Can I ask , where has everyone gone ? John pike ,mk,blue breezer & many others ? Lovely to see others are still on here . Weather wise,After last winter,when we were all fed up of being drowned & blown away , this one is looking a lot more interesting to say the least .ive had more frosts here in the last couple of weeks than the whole of last winter . I hope everyone is well & looking forward to Christmas xx

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Was trying to drizzle here a short while ago, stopped now though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Hi well it takes some practice and some initiative. :) smiley face is ":)" just take out quotation marks. Hmm ":(" is sad face there's so many... anyway back to the models looking increasingly likely we will plunge into the cold side of things... potentially very snowy & very festive feeling, stay tuned. :)

Fresh from GFS 12z

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

-- VERY nice if you like Cold -- Greenland high? we've not had one in years...Christmas Day GFS P

Cold uppers entrenched 4 corners of the British Isles temperatures hovering around freezing!!

White Christmas? the odds will be cut substantially if this is on the horizon, getting little excited. :D

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks Daniel . Sorry for late reply been so busy at work today and mod thread has taken 3 hours to get through . It's better than any tv programme at the moment eh.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Hi everyone , just thought I'd pop in after being in hibernation since last winter ! Can I ask , where has everyone gone ? John pike ,mk,blue breezer & many others ? Lovely to see others are still on here . Weather wise,After last winter,when we were all fed up of being drowned & blown away , this one is looking a lot more interesting to say the least .ive had more frosts here in the last couple of weeks than the whole of last winter . I hope everyone is well & looking forward to Christmas xx

Hi 2810 lollypop. john pike is still posting his usual great updates when he can and the captain throws in a lot of valuable input too. Amongst others . Some have left unfortunately but hopefully with some possibly snowy weather to come toward new year these will re appear . What a great forum we have . :-)

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters

Wow stunning gfs this morning ⛄ . Have a great Thursday everyone ! X

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning. A cloudy and mild start here. Just how mild will it get day (15C possible in places).

The change to cooler or even coder weather still signposted to start Christmas Eve, lets hope for some festive snow.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Not too keen on this mild weather really; cloudy and mild here with a strong breeze.  Much prefer frosty and cold.....off to do a frost / snow dance :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Not too keen on this mild weather really; cloudy and mild here with a strong breeze.  Much prefer frosty and cold.....off to do a frost / snow dance :wink:

I think someone has already done a snow dance! Plenty of snow talk on net weather at the moment! Hope it doesn't go the shape of a certain fruit! There is also a stratospheric warming event taking place! The northern hemisphere usually feels the effects (if any) of this, two to three weeks down the line! So it is looking good for cold into early January too! I am not getting excited just yet :clapping::cold: Okay I am, I wouldn't mind a white Christmas, not had falling snow on the 25th for years! :cray: Meanwhile today is cloudy and mild 14.1c :shok:

Posted

Evening

Bit blowy out there today, mild and we did have oooh ten minutes maybe of sunshine this morning otherwise a cloudy day here too.

Lot of chatter (be of teeth if the models pan out) of some colder conditions in the near future I see.

Posted

Can anyone predict the weather for 29th december roughly for heathrow lol? Whats the models suggesting atm?

Hi Ben, atm it is too early to say on previous runs it was looking decidedly cold possibly snowy - however the last run a flip of the coin, there's so much variation in the output. I'll keep you updated.

Posted

Can anyone predict the weather for 29th december roughly for heathrow lol? Whats the models suggesting atm? 

We can't even get a handle on Christmas eve at the moment. It could be mild or we could be in the freezer. Of course anything in between.

Very mild with a few brighter spells today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

We can't even get a handle on Christmas eve at the moment. It could be mild or we could be in the freezer. Of course anything in between.

I find myself wondering what the Countryfile forecast will say on Sunday night for the immediate post-Christmas period if the volatility doesn't reduce.

Posted

Damp and mild start to the day here, the front should clear through the morning to leave sunny spells.

Christmas day looks most likely to be a mostly dry day, but still the risk of the cold front from Christmas eve lingering over us if the cold push is not strong enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

The sound of straw clutching as usual in the model thread. I nailed last winter down to a T - warm wet and windy with a hot and violent summer stretching deep into autumn. 'Summer' for my area lasted from late March into Halloween with a blip for August 

*my mate Phil is my witness!

Gut instinct into 2015?

I honestly havent a clue but will stick my neck out for some 'proper' winter coming soon and maybe a late spring.

Summer, dunno - keep the brolly handy or the sunscreen or the water butt...

Edited by legrandefromage

Posted

Thats very true. Hopefully it will be clear, I pray! New Year in Prague or Canterbury. Hmm..

Posted

Advice on the MAD thread take as much info from Tamara as possible along with a few others. Clear and pleasant in Russell Square at moment

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

A more wintry update from the MO today for the end of December.

At the moment it appears to favour those in the north but, where we get these battleground scenarios, it seems to me that lows coming in from the west end up being shifted southwards nearer the event so who knows we might be in luck? :yahoo:  

• Like 1

Posted

Afternoon

Was a mild start this morning when I went to work, bit different when I left, wind is a factor but still noticably cooler now. Has been a nice dry sunny day, shame the vampires at work shut the blinds as soon as the sun comes out.