Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

The early mist/fog starting to left now leaving just a haze in the distance, cloud also starting to break a little.

As for the outputs I still think it's all to play for mid-month, by the 7th we see a wintry mix on some of the higher ground down as far as Northern England, alot cooler temps for our neighbours over the Channel so it'll be a battle.

Interesting next few runs imo, could be a make or break till Post Christmas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just looked out the window and it is not exactly inspirational conditions, but the shops do not come to me, I have to go to them (do not use home shopping as I do not spend enough at a time to get it free, but I like to select what I am buying food wise anyway, plus I need the walk).

Posted

Hey all the ECM & UKMO going for an colder outlook possible snow if we get the PPN in place, brisk N/NE winds, Baltic chill. It'll be interesting to see how things are looking late next week. :)

post-19153-0-99182600-1417204924_thumb.jpost-19153-0-56774100-1417204948_thumb.jpost-19153-0-54491100-1417204967_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Did anyone see the BBC local forecast after the evening news for the East?  Dan Holley was on duty, and his 5-day summary was amusing (given the recent rubbish in the Express).  I can't recall his exact words as he described the outlook beyond Sunday, but, to paraphrase:

"...so, although it's going to be chilly with overnight frost, there's no sign of the intense cold and snow Expressed in some newspapers."

Ouch! :diablo:  :rofl:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

Saturday is going to be sunny (so claimed)..and 14c/15c maybe.

Posted

hi chris

haha daily excess :rofl:

tonight

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

PPVA89.gif?31415

note the trough on there re the showers on the radar

chilly and breezy but should not get too cold

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

PPVE89.gif?31415

should all be under a mainly south east flow

looks dry

temps

27-582.GIF?28-12

around 10-11 degrees

cloud

141128_1200_24.png

should be a fairly sunny day after the misty muck clears

likely to cloud over again in the afternoon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday night

PPVG89.gif?31415

a weaker east-south east flow

rainfall

the fronts will cross overnight but should not really do much (maybe a bit of drizzle)

temps

39-583.GIF?28-12

between 5-8 degrees

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

PPVI89.gif?31415

a variable flow but more likely a northerly

rainfall

maybe some cloudy drizzly murk east coast and far south,ither than that it should stay dry

temps

51-582.GIF?28-12

chillier around 9-10 but may be lower if you see the cloud stick around

141128_1200_48.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday night

PPVJ89.gif?31415

a breezy east-north east flow

looks dry but possible east coastal showery bits possible

temps

63-583.GIF?28-12

7-8 degrees

141128_1200_66.png

watch for some dense fog with this set up

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

monday

PPVK89.gif?31415

a weaker east flow

looks dry

temps

75-582.GIF?28-12

around 8 degrees

141128_1200_78.png

and cloudy again

anyway be back later

john :good:

Edited by john pike
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Rather crappy evening, a lot of driving in traffic jams again.

I did promise to do this tonight so here goes;

December forecast (or random guess as others might call it :p)

1st-10th December

This period will likely be dominated by high pressure ridging across the UK from the south west from time to time. Rainfall should be below average and temperatures slightly below normal given anticyclonic conditions and the occasional polar maritime flow.

11th - 20th December

Conditions should turn more unsettled from here as the Azores high starts to back westwards, this will allow a strong jet to blow ESE from the north Atlantic bringing wet and windy weather, temperatures will be near or a little below normal as the winds generally come from the west or north west. An Arctic blast could potentially happen here.

21st-31st December

Things will likely get much more interesting now. The now Atlantic ridge will continue to strengthen and amplify in my view, this will allow low pressure to sink south east through or just east of the UK, this will result in a generally cold pattern with wintry precipitation (Similar to late November 2012). Towards the end of this period there is a definite chance of a significant cold spell developing as the Atlantic ridge could potential cut off towards the Arctic allow Arctic/Siberian air to spread towards the UK from the east/north east.

Overall

Rainfall - Close to average, maybe slightly above if the second two thirds are particularly wet.

Temperatures - Probably a little below normal (between -1 and 0C anomaly compared to the average)

Hopefully this is easy to read and of course verifies. As I mentioned in the MAD thread, I think the current modelling is too quick, but I suspect their evolution might materialise further down the line.

Edit - Worth noting that the JMA and CFS monthly forecasts suggest a mostly anticyclonic week 1 and 2 (week 2 the heights are weakening somewhat). Weeks 3 and 4 show strong heights in the western Atlantic with low heights draining south east through the UK, strengthening support for a more unsettled and potentially colder spell from Mid-December onwards.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 3

Posted

Good random guess CS. :good:

how up are you for six numbers from one to fortynine?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Good random guess CS. :good:

how up are you for six numbers from one to fortynine?

1, 12, 23, 17, 44, 37  :rofl:

Err weather, it was cloudy until the sun set. Typical UK weather then. 

Posted

1, 12, 23, 17, 44, 37  :rofl:

Err weather, it was cloudy until the sun set. Typical UK weather then. 

Cloudy here after sunset too.

Thats tonights winnings numbers then :)

Posted

No guarantees, I haven't been remotely interested in the lottery since a bright spark decided to double the cost.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been a nice day here once the cloud lifted in the morning but a rather chilly breeze, it didn't feel to warm at all. Clouded over again this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

No guarantees, I haven't been remotely interested in the lottery since a bright spark decided to double the cost.

I have a racing tip from my uncle for tomorrow! :ninja: :ninja: Warning! His last tip ran like it was missing a leg! :nonono:  LE REVE 3.00 NEWBURY! :nonono::ninja: .......Oh weather..errr, it's raining and the temps are above average for the depths of autumn as usual! :ninja: I've risked 2 whole pounds and if it loses, he'll refund me! :clapping:

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Setting itself to be a sunny day here in Reigate... Looking forward to taking the boys to Priory Farm to see the Christmas fair and watch Father Christmas arrive later :)

Posted

Bright enough start here, though there is a fair amount of high cloud around.

Posted

Morning

T'was a mild night just gone, not too bad this morning either temp wise, no rain but the cloud remains lending to another dull day.

Posted

Oh wait, I spy blue sky but alas it has also come on to rain.

Posted

Clear blue skies here now and the breeze has eased from earlier. Lovely day.

Posted

That rain has stopped and blue skies making a show here too now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

No real rain so far, but generally cloudy, though it is getting brighter with the clouds thinning a bit.  NW radar shows light, showery rain around the north-west of the region, which is, no doubt what Jax had.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Well, I broke my nose AGAIN today, great, last time it was a door this time it was my dog head butting me.
Not as bad this time though I had to have surgery last time as it was severely displaced.

8.9c currently and everything is covered in dew. Nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Well, I broke my nose AGAIN today, great, last time it was a door this time it was my dog head butting me.

Not as bad this time though I had to have surgery last time as it was severely displaced.

8.9c currently and everything is covered in dew. Nice!

Your dog head butted you! :shok: What did you do to your dog to make it do that to you? Did you end up in Watford General?Hope you don't need surgery again! Oh the weather...........err.... was sunnny 14c!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Your dog head butted you! :shok: What did you do to your dog to make it do that to you? Did you end up in Watford General?Hope you don't need surgery again! Oh the weather...........err.... was sunnny 14c!

Haha, yeah I have two dogs they are cross breed but I dont know what breeds they are but they look like German Pointers but are smaller, one of my dogs dropped the toy in front of me and I bent down to get it and one of them tagged me in the face as I was picking it up, they just get so excited, they do this weird play fight where they get on their hind legs like bears. No I didn't go to A&E, my nose is still straight so I rang my sister and she checked me over (shes a nurse) and it didn't look that bad. The last time I was living in Southampton, I had to wait 4 and a half hours just to be told I needed to ring ENT to book an appointment to see if I needed surgery, it was so frustrating waiting all that time for a 5 minute check up.

• Like 1