Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Late night special from the GFS 18z - a slither of -14 uppers into the SE = Snow Fest there'd be nothing marginal about that setup, meanwhile at this present time just above freezing point 0.4c. :)

It's FROSTY! It shouldn't be a big deal but I haven't seen a proper frost since i was a nipper :yahoo:  (actually, a year to be precise) Thick frost on the cars but the temperature is rising, now 3.2c :cray: -14 uppers :shok: will love to see that in our region! :friends: Shame it won't happen......or will it? :bomb:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Frost and fog here this morning. Ti,e to de-ice the car again.

Well ok the frost has now almost gone and so has the fog.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Cloudy and all frost gone probably hours ago. Quite a bit of wind too.

Edit: A local weather station says 42MPH gusts from the East. I didn't think it was going to be that windy today?

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

42mph? That does seem a bit unlikely. Almost completely still here although there is the occasional twitch in the trees. Grey with light drizzle and 7.4c. Yuk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening

Another cold day, frost looks nice, but a bugger to have to be driving just after six in the morning, can we just have frost and snow on days I am not required to drive?

was -0.4oC in the shed at 05:45.  Some dense fog out too earlier.  All lifted to a dull day and had some light showers this afternoon and still a few spots this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Frosty start, but then just cloudy and chilly to be honest. Yesterday was much nicer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Look East forecast this evening made quite a big point of fog forming through the day tomorrow and into the evening, becoming a problem. Strange that the MetOffice forecast makes no mention of it, and neither does any other forecast that I have seen. Strange as she made such a point of it, yet the BBC get their forecasts from the Met. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Look East forecast this evening made quite a big point of fog forming through the day tomorrow and into the evening, becoming a problem. Strange that the MetOffice forecast makes no mention of it, and neither does any other forecast that I have seen. Strange as she made such a point of it, yet the BBC get their forecasts from the Met. 

Isn't there some Weatherquest input?

Posted

Depends on whether she's a Met Office or BBC employee. If the former, she's expected to stick with the MetO forecast apart from minor variations if there is uncertainty about cloud cover, timing of precipitation, etc.

Posted

Missed Look East this evening, was out getting a much needed haircut, which seems mad in the cooler damper (it is peeing it down here BTW) conditions, but needs must.

Posted

Well, Timehop has reminded me that my facebook status of 4 years ago today was 'has snow falling (not a lot, but hey...) - we all know what happened after that!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Well the fog and frost lifted quite quickly this morning to leave a few chinks of sun before the sporadic rain arrived. Mention on the forecast (bbc) that cloud would become much lower throughout the day and named heathrow as a potential problem . So fog an issue I think but looking more forward the weather looks to become more settled with more fog and frost into next week. Something that my father always excited him with regards to a colder winter to come later on I hope so ..,.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

42mph? That does seem a bit unlikely. Almost completely still here although there is the occasional twitch in the trees. Grey with light drizzle and 7.4c. Yuk.

Yep I agree but it was windy and even if you look at dover on the met observations they have 30+ gusts at the time. I only checked the local weather station to find out what the wind was. It's not normally out.

Weather now less windy and wet, not to cold.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

It's suddenly started peeing down again as the warm front arrives.

wow yes quite intense here . Was not expecting it to be as heavy

Posted

Cloudy and damp start to the day here. Got the day off so off to London to do some Christmas shopping and also go the a careers event being run by the Royal Chemistry Society.

Oh expect a December forecast on Friday, I have a reasonable idea of where things will head, but waiting on the Friday JMA update to see if it backs up my feelings. Just a hint I have dropped my CET predicting from 5.5C to 4.5C  :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Morning all

A very dull, damp & misty start here  :nonono: Hopefully for the start of Winter we get a couple of crisp dry & cold days  :clapping:

In the longer term I think patience will be needed, if at first you don't succeed try, try, try again and all that, however due to our position in the U.K. I'm 30% confident we will get a decent cold shot before Christmas which is alot more than last Winter.

Could be an important day today with the outputs regarding a Pre-Christmas blast. :gathering:  :good:

Posted

Foggy all day here so far, though it has apparently managed to crawl up to 10c, though I must say it doesn't feel like it in the murk. I hope some of these colder, frostier and drier long range forecasts come into play. Proper SAD weather otherwise.

Cat is doing well after the initial scare of her 3-legging it out of the cat flap and staying out all night. The little minx. Confined to her puppy crate now with the occasional trip into the orangery to stretch her remaining legs. Stitches out next Monday, so she'll be Nelson Mandela till then.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Afternoon everyone, not posted in a while as really not a lot has been happening weather wise, we had our second 'windscreen frost' of the season on Monday but little else worth mentioning. Writing from a dull drizzly Peterborough today, commute home to London this evening won't be much fun with a lot of surface water about

Posted

Morning all

A very dull, damp & misty start here  :nonono: Hopefully for the start of Winter we get a couple of crisp dry & cold days  :clapping:

In the longer term I think patience will be needed, if at first you don't succeed try, try, try again and all that, however due to our position in the U.K. I'm 30% confident we will get a decent cold shot before Christmas which is alot more than last Winter.

Could be an important day today with the outputs regarding a Pre-Christmas blast. :gathering:  :good:

I think you might have a chance of being right. 

Weather might be happening today, a bit hard with cloud so low that it covers even the moderately tall buildings in London and it is actually quite foggy in the countryside

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I have to agree with Kent Blizzard. It perhaps wouldn't be too surprising to see this Winter become one of those "short term pain = long term gain" with regards to cold and snowy weather, although seeing Captain shortwave drop his CET guess 1*C lower for this December is quite encouraging. While the models haven't really been all that inspiring for deep cold, I suppose some of them have been hinting at the possibility of some kind of Northerly toppler and/or cold North-Westerly flow with High Pressure becoming amplified in the Atlantic. With this being concentrated in deepish FI, then the usual caution would be needed. However, if a sizeable piece of the Vortex manages to get knocked to our East without too much of the Vortex being left behind around the Greenland area, then a cold flow from the North or North-West, with High Pressure building to the West or North-West, could be feasible.

(Might as well just report on the latest weather conditions even though, admittedly, I belong to the Midlands thread: similar weather to what some of the others have been reporting with 100% cloud cover. Temperature around 9.2*C. No rain falling, though).

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 1

Posted

Afternoon

Been another dull day, no frost this morning, that made getting to work a bit quicker and easier.  Early afternoon the murk moved in, turned misty and very damp with the drizzle, slightly milder feel to it out now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Another miserable woeful day here - at least the rain stopped this morning but going by the radar looks like a bit more tonight to add to the 95 mm we've already had this month!! - what the hell is going on? So many wet days or dull dank miserable ones.

Edited by Froze were the Days