Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cloudy and mild start to the day here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Are you sure I can't sleep now could someone have another look to see if it's still on there?

If you get yourself worked up like that I would seriously consider taking a break from this forum that you've joined, if it's not panic you face it will be the rage when no snow shows in the MO thread......also look out for flying dummies and prams  :gathering:  :db:  :laugh:

Posted

Like I said last night, if your seeking cold you need to take a back seat and relax for a while because searching for it run after run will have you pulling your hair out.

I see no real signs of interest in terms of cold/snowy weather, till that warm high pressure somehow get's a taxi and buggers off we will be left with nothing of interest.

This time next month we will be starting to look towards Spring and like I keep saying I bet that's when we get our interest, it'll be wasted but I wouldn't pass on it, remember April 1989 and 2008?  :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine

I don't mind any weather to be honest yes I wud prefer snow but that's not very likely just as long as it's not too dangerous to travel in and everyone will b safe

Any updates at all anyone please

Edited by amanda2012

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I don't mind any weather to be honest yes I wud prefer snow but that's not very likely just as long as it's not too dangerous to travel in and everyone will b safe

Any updates at all anyone please

Still too early to say yet, but if charts like these keep appearing

gfs-0-198.png?6

Then I would be starting to be concerned. I would say at the moment that it will be unsettled with temperatures near normal. How windy/wet is still up for considerable debate.

• Like 1

Posted

Still too early to say yet, but if charts like these keep appearing

gfs-0-198.png?6

Then I would be starting to be concerned. I would say at the moment that it will be unsettled with temperatures near normal. How windy/wet is still up for considerable debate.

I was looking at the GFS 850hpa and it has the feature coming in at t132 quite widely across the U.K. certainly something to keep an eye on further down the line....

Looking at the more reliable time frame t66 you can see the feature appear to the NW Friday into Saturday.... I won't post the chart I'm looking at from weather online as I'm not sure if that's against the rules on here?

I will be keeping an eye on xc weather also for the wind speeds but at present they show it more to our North and not giving us much down here

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted

Does anyone have records on the highest recorded January evening temps in the South? Friday Night is looking exceptionally mild for the time of year even with a stiff WSW breeze/gusts.

So annoying we get a carrot (cold) dangled in front of us in FI all the time only for it become a non event, at least last winter we knew we just facing non-stop wind and rain, even if we manage a few frosts next week it won't be the type that will hang around all day and build for the following night.  :nonono:

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted

I was looking at the GFS 850hpa and it has the feature coming in at t132 quite widely across the U.K. certainly something to keep an eye on further down the line....

Looking at the more reliable time frame t66 you can see the feature appear to the NW Friday into Saturday.... I won't post the chart I'm looking at from weather online as I'm not sure if that's against the rules on here?

I will be keeping an eye on xc weather also for the wind speeds but at present they show it more to our North and not giving us much down here

The low pressure systems on Friday and Saturday are modelled to stay north of the UK, giving the strongest winds over the north and west of Scotland. Though gusts of 40 or maybe 50mph are possible over the two days.

UW72-21.GIF?06-06

UW96-21.GIF?06-06

The low currently modelled on the GFS at day 9 is move concerning as there have been outputs moving the low straight through the UK giving a move widespread event if it happens. Again no point worrying about it until there is consistent output on this low verifying (for example the ECM and GEM are a lot calmer at day 9)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

I concur with that you are tucked away in your cosy quaint property, while London is swarming with people. 1987 was a real bad one for the SE, I should know as our family caravan went flying, East Sussex - I think we are certainly going to get a big one, again the question is when - I've been expecting a storm of similar proportions for some time. Perhaps this month may hold out to that. Some are quite ignorant tbh, and there's the danger.

I remember the 87 storm was with my dad on an over night in his lorry.... I can clearly remember it as we sheltered in a doorway as his lorry got smashed around a car park in Colchester.... I was 10 years old at the time...

Posted

Given it's quiet and the thread is nearly 100 pages long, I think it might be time to call this thread a wrap and start a new one.

I will give people 10 minutes to finishing posting on here.

Posted