Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Wishing my fellow 'locals' a Happy New Year. :D

2015 will be the snowiest year on record :oops:

post-19153-0-45462000-1420047342_thumb.j

I hope that the year 2015 provides to be everything you want it to be :-)

2014 has been eventful and I ain't talking about the weather.. I wish you all good health & prosperity.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Have a good evening, whatever everyone is doing. The evening looks dry and not too cold (4-6C likely)

Tomorrow

PPVE89.gif?31415

Fresh to strong south westerly winds

Cloudy but mostly dry for most of the day.

Temperatures - 9-12C

Friday

PPVI89.gif?31415

Moderate west/north west flow

Look dry and bright for many. It should remain dry for all.

Temperatures

7-10C by mid-afternoon. Starting off milder though.

Now for some uncertainty

Saturday

PPVK89.gif?31415

The approaching low is proving difficult to track and other models have this further south and zipping through much quicker, so it could be a decent day or be a washout. The faster solution could give snow to northern England by the way.

Anyway beer at the ready and Guardians of the Galaxy to start on DVD. Time to get frazzled :p

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

What does everyone think of the upcoming wet and windy spell will the southeast escape the worst?

Yes we should do as we will always be nearer to high pressure to our south! It is a barmy 6.7c here at the moment! :smiliz23:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Hi Amanda , not a lot to be honest. I'm sure we're in for a couple of weeks of wet and windy weather before the serious cold sets in ; )

Posted

ECM 12z Saturday

post-19153-0-40281700-1420069788_thumb.j

As you can see the low is tracking over southern counties which encases the majority of the region in the dreaded mild sector, and to the northern flank there will be some snow, accumulations over the hills. if that went south by 50-100 miles quite a few of us will be thrown into the mix it is looking more marginal compared to Boxing Day, however slack winds are really pivotal. Also evaporative cooling. I'd say we are likely to get nothing but rain whereas perhaps north of Norfolk might have some white stuff. I put the threat of snow south of the M4 at 5-10% and thats being nice - it will change though with every passing run, this is something of wintery interest even though it may have no product. Happy New Year :yahoo::)

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

All the frost has nigh on gone now here, just a few patches left.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Happy new year to all in the south east. My prayer is that it'll be a happy and fulfilling for all, one with some snow thrown in for all those cold junkies around, followed by a scorcher summer!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Cheer up everyone. This is what it was like on Monday...

So lovely cold and clear I did a sketch - despite the bottle of cava we'd taken with us to toast the sunset.

post-8078-0-31599600-1420066296_thumb.jp

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 5

Posted

Cheer up everyone. This is what it was like on Monday...

So lovely cold and clear I did a sketch - despite the bottle of cava we'd taken with us to toast the sunset.

Very nice that bottle of cava done its magic, just kidding - I kid you not you have quite a flair.

Spotlights circling to the south west of me (victoria embankment) surprisingly bright I can hear the music too, even with all the windows shut, doubled glazed annoying to say the least its just deafening. Like lightsabers. :)

post-19153-0-20322300-1420067913_thumb.jpost-19153-0-02472900-1420068076_thumb.jpost-19153-0-13845500-1420068105_thumb.jpost-19153-0-29730700-1420068147_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted

Very nice that bottle of cava done its magic, just kidding - I kid you not you have quite a flair.

Thank you very much. The cava was probably responsible for the sun being in front of the pink clouds - which of course is ridiculous, but I didn't want to muck it up. Artistic licence etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Beyond the potential rain or possible snow on Saturday, Sunday and Monday look like decent days with near normal temperatures.

Happy new year and hope for better in 2015 for cold and snow fans :)

• Like 1

Posted

The blitz has concluded for another year - it's been a privilidge to share my 2014 with you and this shall continue for many years to come, fingers crossed. All that negativity which happened in 2014, we should put behind us (throw away) and move foward there's no point dawdling on what could have been.

Posted

The blitz has concluded for another year - it's been a privilidge to share my 2014 with you and this shall continue for many years to come, fingers crossed. All that negativity which happened in 2014, we should put behind us (throw away) and move foward there's no point dawdling on what could have been.

Agree!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

happy new year to all my fellow south-east weather nutters,may 2015 bring you everything you want,me personally,some cold,deffo loads of snow and a nice new flashy car,and im happy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The fireworks lasted for five minutes here :smiliz39: , about the same length as my 1 and only snow fall last year.............good riddance 2014. :smiliz19: 6.0c, getting breezy, we were sitting in the garden! :cold:

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Cloudy start to the day here, much milder too.

Posted

Mild one here, looks windy out too.

Posted

Not very bright, had to turn the lights on indoors earlier to sort out some washing to put away, not been out yet still, since it is warm in I assume it is mild out, temp thingy tells me it is 8.4oC in the garden shed, no rain but the animated movements of the tree in the garden suggest it is quite windy.

• Like 1