Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Another crisp winters day here with a hoar frost this morning, something I haven't seen for quite a while. Min was -2C, currently 4C.

Posted

Hello all,

Is minus 2c + Fog enough for a decent hoar frost on the trees ?

Hi not quite cold enough "Supercooled dew will eventually freeze if the temperature falls below about -3°C to -5°C" on top of that we are currently under HP (high pressure) there's very little moisture in the air, so conditions not apt for hoar frost, fog is made up up of water vapour. The main culprit is your temperature, is not low enough.

Edited by Daniel*

Thanks Daniel, was really hoping for one but alas not. We have had frost on some vegetation and obviously the grass but not on the trees.

I might have fog tomorrow and maybe a few spots locally might reach minus 3, so more photogenic than today, hopefully.

Edited by mickeyb44

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Good sunny spells and frost lasting into the early afternoon. Nice for the drive home. The cloud has rolled in a little now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Nice hoar frost here this morning but clouds are now starting to form, leaving us with a few milder days to come !!!

Posted

Does anyone know why John Pike doesn't seem to be on here anymore ? Miss he's fax chart updates.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Not a fan of storms myself, winter one's tend to be destuctive.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

No guarantees on any stormy weather, given how the models develop and the metoffice updates. I suspect that pressure may build near to the UK in a week or so time, mostly based just to our south east. So a chance of conditions turning colder and frosty again, but I suspect that we won't see much chance of snow for the time being.

I will do some FAX charts later as I am back from all the Christmas shenanigans. Enjoy the hard frost tonight, it will be the last for a few days.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nice hoar frost here this morning but clouds are now starting to form, leaving us with a few milder days to come !!!

Doesn't feel very warm too me.

Posted

No it didn't hear today, frost didn't lift all day.

Mind you temps do seem to be on the way up at the min, not down so I do not expect another frost tonight, not really looking forward to the New years day storm, hope it doesn't move further south or upgrade more.

Posted

Mind you temps do seem to be on the way up at the min, not down so I do not expect another frost tonight, not really looking forward to the New years day storm, hope it doesn't move further south or upgrade more.

New Year's Day storm ? I didn't realise we had one on the way. Not another weather bomb I hope !!

Posted

New Year's Day storm ? I didn't realise we had one on the way. Not another weather bomb I hope !!

It's hitting scotland mostly at the min, if it develops, seems a lot of uncertainty yet again.

This is the latest on it. https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82129-new-years-day-possible-storm/page-3#entry3103126

ECM says no, the rest have it north of scotland, the Euro 4 has it slightly further south but still around scotland.