Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I fear another winter with out any snow for us, proberly by the time we get a Siberian blast it will be too late like March time and temps will be too warm for settling snow!

I really hate looking past t144 & deep into FI but I don't have much choice in search of deep cold and snow, end of Jan is interesting but my concern is if that's pushed back further then we really could be looking at back to back snowless winters in many parts.

Im using my phone at present so will post more indepth tomorrow with some links etc.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Temperature has risen -1.3c :smiliz65: :smiliz46:

I really hate looking past t144 & deep into FI but I don't have much choice in search of deep cold and snow, end of Jan is interesting but my concern is if that's pushed back further then we really could be looking at back to back snowless winters in many parts.

Im using my phone at present so will post more indepth tomorrow with some links etc.

No snow for down south in the first few days of January! :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Morning all

I am down in the tropical south west at the moment. In Exeter right now its -6C, yes that's right, minus six

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

White everywhere this morning, kind of expected it as the walk home last night was slippy underfoot.  -1.3oC inside the garden shed, expect it is much colder outside overall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

No frost here, but icy to start as there have been rain/sleet showers overnight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Back from my Christmas break. It's all doom and gloom in the model forum. Look like jan 2015 may continue the trend of above average temps, with no sign of cold, in fact a even worse outlook then this time yesterday.

However as much as I like cold and snow as the next person, it just causes so much problems as seen in the Midlands on boxing day. With more traffic on the road every year any flake of snow cause gridlock.

As a sales rep who travels around EA I hate Jan and Feb when it snows I can never get home.

Shame the snow didn't fall here Boxing Day from the comfort of my own home.

So put into context if the current weather treads stay the same Norwich could go without snow for the 2nd year running.

Posted

It is a shame the UK seems unable to cope with snow and ice, it looks pretty but extremes of weather are our downfall, be it wind, rain or snow etc.

Cold and frosty out here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Still 2 months of winter proper left. 3 Months with potential for snow.So I personally think there are plenty of chances for snow yet.  :smiliz19:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Fell to -2.1 last night so was coldest night here in 2014.Stunning morning.Clear blue skies and frost and ice everywhere.Next best thing to snow.Talking of snow looks grim reading for SE with chances for at least a week pretty much Nil if Models are to be believed.Oh well that still leaves 3/4s of Jan,all of Feb and first half of March left for us to get the Beast from the East to come lol!!Advise people to avoid Model Thread atm,its not a pretty place to be.At the end of the day the UK is not Central Europe or Scandinavia and some people need to remember that.Perspective and Patience are needed but some people on that thread forget that  sometimes. oops,maybe this should be in Moans Thread lol!!

• Like 2

Posted

Finally been out to ye olde local shope and it is very cold out there, roads and paths are very slippy with the frost.

Posted

wall to wall bue sky here.

Posted

As a sales rep who travels around EA I hate Jan and Feb when it snows I can never get home.

As I have just got a new job which will entail driving out into the country roads every day and gritting not done, i'm between wanting loads of snow and not wanting it.its ok if you can just stay home and watch it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Back from my Christmas break. It's all doom and gloom in the model forum. Look like jan 2015 may continue the trend of above average temps, with no sign of cold, in fact a even worse outlook then this time yesterday.

However as much as I like cold and snow as the next person, it just causes so much problems as seen in the Midlands on boxing day. With more traffic on the road every year any flake of snow cause gridlock.

Shame the snow didn't fall here Boxing Day from the comfort of my own home.

So put into context if the current weather treads stay the same Norwich could go without snow for the 2nd year running.

As I predicted at least 2 weeks ago!  In fact, I'll give you another prediction - we'll have our third snow-free winter next year! :doh:

Posted

As I predicted at least 2 weeks ago!  In fact, I'll give you another prediction - we'll have our third snow-free winter next year! :doh:

Next winter is supposed to be the winter of all winters :cc_confused: and the start of the new mini ice age! :doh: Sunny here but :cold: Atlantic bombardement possible for the first two weeks of January, more gales look likely! :smiliz65:

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Next winter is supposed to be the winter of all winters :cc_confused: and the start of the new mini ice age! :doh: Sunny here but :cold: Atlantic bombardement possible for the first two weeks of January, more gales look likely! :smiliz65:

According to some harbinger of doom on the MOD thread, our region is due 90-95 mph winds on the 9th.  My reply was a deliberate and rather sarcastic one-liner with the intention of making it clear that I'm not relishing the prospect (said poster thought it was a good thing as it would take people's minds off wanting snow).

• Like 1

Posted

According to some harbinger of doom on the MOD thread, our region is due 90-95 mph winds on the 9th.  My reply was a deliberate and rather sarcastic one-liner with the intention of making it clear that I'm not relishing the prospect (said poster thought it was a good thing as it would take people's minds off wanting snow).

Wow! Your 'one liner' is still there, they tend not to last long in that thread, so you are doing well! Having your roof blown off would take your mind of most things! I'd rather have cold and snow than property damaging gales!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Beautiful classic winters day out there, was overnight in Swindon whereby the temperature got to -4/5C, another frosty night to look foward to as well.

Posted

Wow! Your 'one liner' is still there, they tend not to last long in that thread, so you are doing well! Having your roof blown off would take your mind of most things! I'd rather have cold and snow than property damaging gales!

I've removed it myself.  One of the mods asked me why I'd posted it, and I explained, thus making my point, at which stage I decided that leaving it up would be unfair.  It isn't something I'm going to make a habit of. :rolleyes::laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

The big clue to what this winter was going to be like came at the end of September. The mean CET for September was only 0.2C different from that of August. There's only been 8 previous occasions since 1700 when the difference has been equal to or less than that, and seven of them have produced notably cold Jan to March spells, mainly involving cold Februarys.

So still a long way to go......the average CET for the first ten days of March is the same more or less as the first ten days of December so I look upon March as a winter month as well.....and let's not forget that since December 2010, our coldest month has been a March (2013)!

My thoughts are that, not discounting any interim periods of cold, a notable cold spell shall come our way towards the end of Jan, with the models picking it up consistently around the 20th, the cold coming in on the 27th and the first lot of snow from it arriving in our region around the night of the 29th/30th

• Like 1

Posted

Really cold feeling start to the day minima -1.4C UHI moderating as always.

post-19153-0-08627900-1419861302_thumb.j post-19153-0-06041000-1419861590_thumb.j

Weather wise I've seen better seen worse, I think it is safe to say rule out the first week of January even possibly the second, although the weekend has a shallow low crossing over the UK. Most likely rain but if things go in our favour some snow may arise, we are looking towards late Jan early Feb which I reckon will be most fruitful. Glimmer of hope is from the strat thread, possible SSW and some warming around the Greenland area which has been thus far preventing all important blocking. I do think we will get a significant cold blast bitter E or NE'lies between now and March 10th. This is just an inkling, but this winter does feel different to the last. We live in a volatile world a bit like the weather. :)