Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Temp dropped from 2.4 at 3.30pm and is now -0.9 as at 8.20.think we will see -2 or -3 tonight making it possibly coldest night of the year here in 2014.I hope 2015 brings us some -5s or colder!!

Posted

Well, we all have our local microclimates, depending on terrain, wind direction, etc., and it's bound to be colder in surburban and increasingly rural areas. There's a four-degree difference between the Chelsea Embankment and north Kensington (at most three miles apart) at the moment according to the station records on Weather Underground.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 1

Posted

Rickmansworth is the notorious one, because of how the railway embankment was built across the valley, unintentionally stopping cold air escaping, although High Wycombe can often be colder if the conditions aren't quite right.

Posted

Just been outside and its freezing wow dont know temp all I know it's heavy heavy. Frost

Add to that kenley aerodrome and redhill always come in colder than surrounding areas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Minus 2 here in Goddy.

Went for a day trip to Hunstanton

with kids, nice sunny crisp day .

Kids loved the 2p arcades , had chips and hot tea to keep warm.

As the sun set the temp plummeted making for a hasty retreat to the car and home.

Hope everyone is having a nice christmas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something different!

Yes very coldin Eastbourne. Just back from New York and we are colder on the Sunshine Coast. My decking is an ice rink!

Fatboypirate- are they your GermanShepherds? I have a 3 year old Shepherd - there is no dog to compare to them ( in my opinion anyway ! )

Posted

Well, we all have our local microclimates, depending on terrain, wind direction, etc., and it's bound to be colder in surburban and increasingly rural areas. There's a four-degree difference between the Chelsea Embankment and north Kensington (at most three miles apart) at the moment according to the station records on Weather Underground.

Indeed take my location example currently +0.6C we are 99% of the time the coldest part of inner London, this may be due to that the area is suburban in nature with parks. woodlands. No skyscrapers! meanwhile a few miles to my west and even east! (Canary Wharf financial district) it is 4 degrees warmer, it is interesting to see. Nonetheless. This is why it is very hard to get settling snow in the heart of London. Many times have I known it to sleet in Westminster and at home it is snowing. :)

post-19153-0-14892800-1419803530_thumb.j

Posted

Dry and feeling cold here with a nice frost covering on cars and grass. Temperature is tumbling, currently  -5.4°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I am classed as rural -0.9oC here in the shed so add to that outside. Frost is widespread outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow heat storms and sunshine!

Surely the chances of some snow south of the M4 corridor are lessening as we head towards May? Even June maybe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

An okay day with some sunshine. A lot of cloud at times and it really did start to feel cold when the sun finally set.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Lot's of boozing going on tonight, judging by some posts. :rofl: -2.0c  here, :cold: :cold: :cold:  the coldest night since Febuary 2013 and the temperature is still dropping! :smiliz19: :shok: Merry Christmas :smiliz39: :drunk:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted

Me thinks I'm in a frost hollow -2.7C looking at the past 24 hours checked Met Office site it was -2.5C at 11PM, which confirms it is an accurate reading everything is frozen out there. Lovely. :)

Safe to say my recently downloaded weather app is faulty... somehow I searched Kenley obs

Below freezing at least (post 666) Six hundred sixty-six is called the "number of the beast" in (most manuscripts of) chapter 13 of the Book of Revelation, of the New Testament,[2] and thus also in popular culture. interesting.

NASA's Terra satellite got this spectacular shot of the #snow cover across England and Wales.

post-19153-0-89855000-1419813465_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Like I said earlier today its so annoying to get cold but no precipitation to make use of it... Typical !!!

Oh well still 2 months of winter to go but in two weeks time we will really be backs against wall searching into FI for snow, just when talks/forecasts of Spring start coming into play.

A chilly -3*c at present.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

-0.5oC accrording to the sensor out in the garden shed, widespread frost here now.

Good time to defrost and clean out freezers. Put everything in the car overnight with the windows open a bit and when the freezers are defrosted and cleaned, put it all back again. What I'll do tomorrow night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Looking more at the outputs from today there is a slim chance of a snow event next weekend as mentioned in the thread & I like the cheeky little 24hr warm up before hand however I'm not building my hopes up as I think it was last Sunday it was showing Thames Streamers potential for this weekend just gone.

...Forget pub run i like to call it a Sunday wobble.

The Atlantic yet again is going to fire up problems for us that benefits other areas of Europe...no change

there then,

Posted

I fear another winter with out any snow for us, proberly by the time we get a Siberian blast it will be too late like March time and temps will be too warm for settling snow!