Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Well the sooner everything shifts SE and out of the way the better, we dont want the high hanging around too long over Europe thats for sure!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

PPN shown hanging around to the extreme South East maybe a period of snow

Colder uppers filtering in I can see some snow for Kent -7C 850s should allow snow to very low levels

For decent streamers I tend to look for -10 850's :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

ITS SNOWING OMG ITS PELLET SNOW AHHHHH.

Posted

Who else is feeling deflated by the distinct lack of proper cold & snow? Seeing all them snowy scenes at Derbyshire has only grown my frustration, 7 days ago things were looking superb for us very snowy & locked into some very cold continental airmass. I cannot stand cold & dry to be truthful I'd rather not waste the time and prefer the Atlantic to rush in so hopefully the pattern could reset again. Time and time again the models play with us trying to charm us - it is rather ridiculous... Yet they seem so assured when it comes to mild southwesterlies, in November close but no cigar and a repeat for December. It feels like being a millwall fan at the mo. :( meanwhile a quite heavy snow shower shown inbound Southend.

post-19153-0-95094400-1419718446_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

better than last year we had more frost this december than the whole last winter clear sky here now car windscreen ice up now very rare this year

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Who else is feeling deflated by the distinct lack of proper cold & snow? Seeing all them snowy scenes at Derbyshire has only grown my frustration, 

Ditto, i still believe our time will come down South. It will be come, be positive mate!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

just seen my first snow falling since march 2013,giving a slight covering,got so excited i had to wake my girls up and show them,much to the other half's disgust,my appetite is now well and truly whetted

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Dodging snow is like getting purple socks for Christmas! :(  Cold, clear and snowless 2.4c here :(

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

No idea if I'm in the wrong regional section but I'm also horribly disappointed by the lack of snow so far. Yesterday was a weird mixture of happy others are actually getting some and miserable the south missed out again. Not so much as a flake since 2013 :(

Posted

It all (ppn) seems to have cleared or dried up and now the white flag is flying high, will remain cold till mid week, albeit dry cold. Pretty boring, the odd flurry for coastal areas, but now its back to square one and the "fun" commences again. My mum's birthday is on the 10th and she has been quite poorly...so it'll be nice if we had some snow on the ground -to lift her spirits. I'm happy to see some of you got snow tonight - I had some light snow at a ungodly hour but I want more. Much more...

• Like 2

Posted

agreed daniel,i'll take a november 2010,or a channel low all day long,when it comes to snow,i want it all,i get the right hump if we get nothing,which sadly happens quite a lot,surely its going to happen this winter

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Fine with sunny spells today, though it did turn cloudier for a while this afternoon. Kind of disappointing to see zero showers considering my position in Great Yarmouth and an onshore wind.

Apart from a few isolated showers it will be dry, calm and cold until Thursday where it will briefly turn milder before a weak cold front clears south east Friday night to leave a brighter and chillier weekend. Around next weekend we need to be watching out for any effects from the potential split in the polar vortex further up, so watch for runs creating weak heights to our north. Probably the only route to cold for this part of the northern hemisphere.

Posted

After last year, I can't really have any complaints about seeing some snow fall.... It's still a massive improvement IMO, and I have no doubts that we'll have more chances before winter is over...

We have to remember that at one stage the low was heading straight for Scotland, so at least we did see southward shifts. It was always going to be a marginal event, but at least some in our region did see snowfall, that's better than the whole of last winter!

Currently weather wise, I'm up in Milton Keynes tonight, and the sky is clear, so we have a very lovely frost at the moment.

• Like 3

Posted

agreed daniel,i'll take a november 2010,or a channel low all day long,when it comes to snow,i want it all,i get the right hump if we get nothing,which sadly happens quite a lot,surely its going to happen this winter

I like to think so 2013 channel low missed me narrowly that was horrendous from my perspective watching Brighton getting pasted in the white stuff it really did fall and the drifts over the downs were exceptional. All the way to the shore, and this was in Mid March. Rather remarkable. MOD thread has been invaded by trolls, much more mature and soothing in here. smiley-angelic013.gif

post-19153-0-95656500-1419727608_thumb.j :whistling: night folks

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

indeed,i went in there earlier,couldnt believe the bickering going on,and all from experienced people,didnt realise you could fit so many toys in a pram,clear outside now,expecting it to be icy first thing after the brief snow shower

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Partly cloudy start here, cold but not frosty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

So.incredibly disappointing but experience tells me that northerly systems seldom deliver to the se., unless the flow is sustained long enough for it to penetrate far south enough to deliver the goods. It's the same old same old areas that will always do well Scotland Midlands Derbyshire etc., so not at all surprised so much as bored!

Edited by snowfish1
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning

Very frosty here, and still much of it remains was -1.1oC just over an hour ago, temp is slowly rising now, not by much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

You have to look deep into FI for anything of much interest & it's not really worth the time in doing so, I generally look to t144 as a maximum but even then it's at a push.

Atleast the next few days are looking dry which is good compared to last winter.

You just know the perfect set-up will come mid spring and will be wasted as will early Warmth.

Edited by Kent Blizzard