Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Well my dad is a postman and when he says it is cold it is. The blob is now becoming disjointed :help: more ppn is building off the North Sea tracking SSW to my untrained eye.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

According to Rain Today, something should be falling here. It's not. Temperature and dew point are both 2 degrees

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

Sleet shower with snow in heavier bursts here in Dover.  If we get showers this evening then they should be of snow.

• Like 1

Posted

IanF made this post several years ago

I don't think the surface dew point ever gets too low enough in the UK for it not to snow if there is sufficient moisture at cloud level to produce snow, though a large gap between the surface dew point and air temperature (low humidities) may mean any snow flakes falling out of cloud are more likely to be small on their descent due to evaporation in the dry air near the surface. Whereas, if the dew point and the air temps are close to freezing, then big snow flakes are likely - due to the high moisture content in the air. Hope that helps abit.

Your DP is a tad too high I reckon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow heat storms and sunshine!

Howdee all! Finally decided to take the plunge and sign up. Hope everyone's semi enjoying the festive break, maybe some last minute bargain hunting? Bit grey and certainly snowless in Tunbridge currently, drab with a capital D! Nice to see that some have had a bit of the white stuff further north. Here's to more chances of snow.

• Like 1

Posted

More intense precipitation coming off the Norfolk coast. North Sea is warming up, evaporative cooling can tip the balance, hearing reports of snow in heavier bursts in tropical Dover speaks volume.

Warm welcome newcomers its good to see some new faces! :hi:

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Well my dad is a postman and when he says it is cold it is. The blob is now becoming disjointed :help: more ppn is building off the North Sea tracking SSW to my untrained eye.

Well my old mans a dustman, he wears a dustmans hat, he wears cor blimey trousers and he lives in a council flat. Here on hols in South Devon its 8 degrees. It rained yesterday and as for snow, well there's a snowballs chance in hell of that...

• Like 1

Posted

Well my old mans a dustman, he wears a dustmans hat, he wears cor blimey trousers and he lives in a council flat. Here on hols in South Devon its 8 degrees. It rained yesterday and as for snow, well there's a snowballs chance in hell of that...

What a load of pony :pCockney' is the term used to describe any person said to be born within the sound of the Bow Bells – the bells of St Mary-Le-Bow (“Bow Churchâ€) – in Cheapside, London EC2. On the Vera Lynn? :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Heard that Dover have some snow over the hills from the current precipitation clipping our East

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

No snow or rain here in rochester, kent.

Really want some snow to come :(

Yep, annoying  :nonono:

Everything going both sides of us at the moment. and then later tonight just when  the NE'ly kicks in the sky will be clear and no precipitation around to make full use of it.... :closedeyes:  :sorry:

Posted

Heard that Dover have some snow over the hills from the current precipitation clipping our East

Just been looking from the garden over the hills but no snow to be seen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Been out (I know, Rebel in me did it) and it is rather cold but snowless here, rainless too for that matter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

just sunny spells here. Not a shower in sight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Howdee all! Finally decided to take the plunge and sign up. Hope everyone's semi enjoying the festive break, maybe some last minute bargain hunting? Bit grey and certainly snowless in Tunbridge currently, drab with a capital D! Nice to see that some have had a bit of the white stuff further north. Here's to more chances of snow.

Welcome to the mayhem, I mean forum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

What a load of pony :pCockney' is the term used to describe any person said to be born within the sound of the Bow Bells – the bells of St Mary-Le-Bow (“Bow Churchâ€) – in Cheapside, London EC2. On the Vera Lynn? :rofl:

Haha, mum's from Wanstead, up the posh end :-). So not a Cockney. Vera Lynn maybe at 4 pm.

Currently doing shampoo cocktails to show how posh we ain't :-). Weather 7 degrees and sunny. Really boring.

• Like 1

Posted

New band of precipitation coming in from the north heading to London. Radar shows it as sleet, currently centred around cambridge. I reckon there's a good chance this could fall as snow. Can anyone confirm whether its currently falling as sleet or snow?

• Like 1

Posted

Haha, mum's from Wanstead, up the posh end :-). So not a Cockney. Vera Lynn maybe at 4 pm.

Currently doing shampoo cocktails to show how posh we ain't :-). Weather 7 degrees and sunny. Really boring.

Neither am I I'm on the wrong side of the bank, wouldn't like to live in East London. West Ham :o I'd be killed haha, and places like cheapside gulp - never heard of shampoo cocktails? I'm in the 'posh' part of SE London the development around Canada Water is crazy to think 50 years ago it was all docks and submerged, some apartments round here on the embankment fetch millions, my house was valued at 750k bought for 95k in the 90's not bad return, living in London can be very pricey. Interesting to see all the variation. :-)
  • Like 1

Posted

Just drove through it. Unfortunately just rain. Temperatures fluctuated between 3c in the rain and 2c in between the showers.

Posted

New band of precipitation coming in from the north heading to London. Radar shows it as sleet, currently centred around cambridge. I reckon there's a good chance this could fall as snow. Can anyone confirm whether its currently falling as sleet or snow?

Yup it looks to be building direct hit for Berkshire? Even London more so west also tracking SSW/SW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Sleet here in Cambs.

Raw and orrible out there.